There are 130 users in the forums

At #9 overall who do you take Davenport or Landry?

At #9 overall who do you take Davenport or Landry?

Trade down for both
Neither, I like Landry but I don't think he is worthy of being taken #9 overall. I would not touch Davenport in the top 10 or even top 20. STAY AWAY!
  • thl408
For those uncomfortable with taking Landry at #9, which draft slot would you be okay with taking him?
Mayock said that Davenport is likely to go top 10 now
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Mayock also said yesterday that Landry is a combination of Vic Beasley and Shane Ray. I'll take that lol
Originally posted by thl408:
For those uncomfortable with taking Landry at #9, which draft slot would you be okay with taking him?

FWIW packer fans are drooling at having the chance to draft him at 14.
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Mayock also said yesterday that Landry is a combination of Vic Beasley and Shane Ray. I'll take that lol

He also put the comp of Yannick up.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Landry without question

Why would you take Landry at 9 when you could trade down and still get him.

Ummm because I'm answering the question.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If it has to be one of those two, I'd pick Landry, but I prefer Trey Downe. Matt Barrows said the 49ers are really interested in him, and I think he's the best option.

I googled him... I don't like you

FWIW, when Barrows used that one last year, I did the same thing. I couldn't find anything on the draft sites and shouted, "WHO THE HELL IS TREY DOWNE?!?!?!"

Then I got it.

Damnit Wrath, you got me.

I don't really get trading down 5 spots if we still want to target a specific guy like Landry. There is a very real chance he's being picked between 9 and 15, and personally I'd just grab him at our spot. There is no one else quite like him in the draft, and he could really put the defense over the top. He really has potential to fill two spots in our defense.

Running Downs
LEO – Armstead
NT – Mitchell
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

SAM – Landry
MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Passing Downs
LEO – Landry
DT – Armstead
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Grab a CB, OG, and WR in Free Agency. Then after drafting Landry, that leaves holes at C, RB, and LB. Those are positions where you can find high-end talent in the 2nd/3rd rounds leaving us in great shape.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
I don't really get trading down 5 spots if we still want to target a specific guy like Landry. There is a very real chance he's being picked between 9 and 15, and personally I'd just grab him at our spot. There is no one else quite like him in the draft, and he could really put the defense over the top. He really has potential to fill two spots in our defense.

Running Downs
LEO – Armstead
NT – Mitchell
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

SAM – Landry
MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Passing Downs
LEO – Landry
DT – Armstead
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Grab a CB, OG, and WR in Free Agency. Then after drafting Landry, that leaves holes at C, RB, and LB. Those are positions where you can find high-end talent in the 2nd/3rd rounds leaving us in great shape.

I like that lineup, Bimbo - looks very promising.

Running Downs
LEO – Armstead
NT – Mitchell
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

SAM – Landry
MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Passing Downs
LEO – Landry
DT – Armstead
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Yes!
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Running Downs
LEO – Armstead
NT – Mitchell
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

SAM – Landry
MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Passing Downs
LEO – Landry
DT – Armstead
3Tech – Buckner
Big End – Thomas

MIKE – Foster
WILL – Smith

Yes!

I hate AA inside on passing downs. Can't we have Thomas inside and Blair at end instead? Lol
[ Edited by RumphSteak on Mar 5, 2018 at 12:56 PM ]
Definitely Landry. No one else in the draft has that bend.
Share 49ersWebzone