There are 513 users in the forums
DJ Chark WR LSU
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:11 AM
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,775
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:13 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,350
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM
- PA9erFaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,462
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Maybe you should try thinking logically about the team he plays on. LSU runs the football and plays defense. Guys don't just put up numbers out of thin air, they're just as much a product of the offense as a they are of the kid's individual talent. Also, how many good quarterbacks have they had to get this kid the football?
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/99
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM
- Dillesq
- Member
- Posts: 1,512
I WANT HIM
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
probably just the scheme and poor QB play. He had some amazing games though. Primarily was a big play receiver. Didnt show consistency but probably because he wasnt given the chance. He showed in the Senior Bowl that he can consistently terrorize a defense.
Would love this guy in the 2nd round. has the potential to be a top 5 WR. Im always wary of these late risers but this guy seems like he has it all. Checks off all the boxes.
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,126
Originally posted by Heroism:
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,350
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Maybe you should try thinking logically about the team he plays on. LSU runs the football and plays defense. Guys don't just put up numbers out of thin air, they're just as much a product of the offense as a they are of the kid's individual talent. Also, how many good quarterbacks have they had to get this kid the football?
Maybe but with ability like that you have to put up more than 3 TD's. For the explosiveness he has that is actually pretty bad. Plus he should have over 1,000 yards. The only red flag is production here. I still think his production should be more. Especially the TD's. Even more so than the yards. 3 TD's all year long with that size and speed?.....
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:28 AM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Have you watched LSU at all? Their offense is built around the run game and defense, plus their QB's have been horrible since JaMarcus Russell left. Completely underutilized.
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:29 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,350
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
probably just the scheme and poor QB play. He had some amazing games though. Primarily was a big play receiver. Didnt show consistency but probably because he wasnt given the chance. He showed in the Senior Bowl that he can consistently terrorize a defense.
Would love this guy in the 2nd round. has the potential to be a top 5 WR. Im always wary of these late risers but this guy seems like he has it all. Checks off all the boxes.
There really is a lot to like here. But the #'s just seem bad somehow. Especially the 3 TD's. The height and size and speed he has and all he can get is 3 TD's all year long? That doesn't make sense to me.
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:32 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,350
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Have you watched LSU at all? Their offense is built around the run game and defense, plus their QB's have been horrible since JaMarcus Russell left. Completely underutilized.
So you think with the right accurate QB he can be much better? Jimmy G can get him the ball? I would just like to see more TD's especially. More so than even the yards. Jimmy G can do it all but the one thing he is not perfect at is the deep ball. That's a lot of what he would throw to this guy. He's not terrible at it but I don't think it is his best throw. It's something to consider.
But we could use a big, tall, fast WR who could take the top off a defense. We need that really badly. We haven't had that in so long. It would be great for this team.
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
probably just the scheme and poor QB play. He had some amazing games though. Primarily was a big play receiver. Didnt show consistency but probably because he wasnt given the chance. He showed in the Senior Bowl that he can consistently terrorize a defense.
Would love this guy in the 2nd round. has the potential to be a top 5 WR. Im always wary of these late risers but this guy seems like he has it all. Checks off all the boxes.
There really is a lot to like here. But the #'s just seem bad somehow. Especially the 3 TD's. The height and size and speed he has and all he can get is 3 TD's all year long? That doesn't make sense to me.
well the things i think he needs to work on is upper body strength and fighting at the line of scrimmage. I think those two things he can definitely learn under a good coach and strength program.
He hasnt been challenged with route running but Shannahan has turned Gabriel and Goodwin into great receivers. Those two were also guys who were previously thought of as having limited route trees
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:44 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,350
Top 5 D.J. Chark plays | Reese's Senior Bowl
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:46 AM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,428
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:There is a lot to like. He has to be skyrocketing up the draft boards now. I just wonder why his #'s aren't better? He can't put up 1,000 yards? He can't put up more than 3 TD's? Something doesn't add up here? I don't get it?
Ground and pound offense. Low grade game manager at QB. Chark was often used like a decoy. His production issues weren't because he wasn't getting open.