49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 776 users in the forums

2018 NFL Draft Running Backs

Browse 49ers books and videos
Good stuff. Thanks guys
I thought last year was a great draft for RBs, there were 8 that I wouldn't have minded if we drafted (we didn't), but this year I'm just blown away... There are 12 RBs I'd be more than happy too see the Niners select. I have a feeling there is going to be some really great RB value in round 3-4.
Give me Ronald Jones in the late 2nd. Love watching this kid play. Honestly, I dont see a weakness in his game.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Give me Ronald Jones in the late 2nd. Love watching this kid play. Honestly, I dont see a weakness in his game.

no way he lasts that long
I want Kerryon Johnson in the 3rd. I like him more than Rojo.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Below are the career offensive fumble rates for the top running back prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft class, broken down into five categories:

Chauncey,
Can you say where you got the list (on post #6)?
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Mar 1, 2018 at 5:09 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,580
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
I thought last year was a great draft for RBs, there were 8 that I wouldn't have minded if we drafted (we didn't), but this year I'm just blown away... There are 12 RBs I'd be more than happy too see the Niners select. I have a feeling there is going to be some really great RB value in round 3-4.

Has to be.... only team really NEEDS a RB CLE, TB, INDY, NYG.

With Wash, SF and DET probably in the market but not as dire need as fan bases and talking heads think.

So for more than 5 to go in the 1st 2 rounds would be crazy. No more than 7-8 by end of day 2. After the 1st 5 or so, its more about finding a back that fits cause they are relatively the same.

So even if a RB has a 2nd round grade or a poster wouldnt care if we spent a 2nd on a certain player... it's just impossible for them all to go that early. So someone willing be getting good value one way or another
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,446
It's safe to say that Penny is my favorite back this year. Only because Barkley is out of reach.

My comparisos;

Rashaad Penny - Jonathan Stewart

RoJo - Melvin Gordon

Kerryon Johnson - Latavious Murray
I want the Niners to get a potential home run hitter at RB. Imagine giving Jimmy G and Kyle Shanahan a RB who could take it to the house from the backfield or in the passing game. Our offense would be amazing. Hoping for Ronald Jones or Sony Michel from this draft.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,580
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I want the Niners to get a potential home run hitter at RB. Imagine giving Jimmy G and Kyle Shanahan a RB who could take it to the house from the backfield or in the passing game. Our offense would be amazing. Hoping for Ronald Jones or Sony Michel from this draft.

You mean like joe williams?
After signing McKinnon here is the 9ers current list of RB.

Mostert, 5'10 197
Raheem

Williams, 5'11 205
Joe

McKinnon, 5'9 205
Jerick

McNichols, 5'9 214
Jeremy

Breida, 5/11 190
Matt


Id like to see them draft a mid to late round goal line back.

Bases on NFL Draft Scouts round prediction and reported measurements, heres some options:

NFL Draft Scout - RB

Rashaad Penny San Diego State
2-3rd 5-11 220 4.46

Jaylen Samuels North Carolina State 3-4th 6-0 225 4.54

Royce Freeman Oregon
4th 5-11 229 4.54


*Bo Scarbrough Alabama
5th 6-1 228 4.52


Kalen Ballage Arizona State
5th 6-1 228 4.46


*Chris Warren III Texas
7-FA 6-2 247 4.69


Who's the best compliment as a power/goal line back for the Niners?
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 22, 2018 at 6:21 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,580
Originally posted by Butter:
After signing McKinnon here is the 9ers current list of RB.

Mostert, 5'10 197
Raheem

Williams, 5'11 205
Joe

McKinnon, 5'9 205
Jerick

McNichols, 5'9 214
Jeremy

Breida, 5/11 190
Matt


Id like to see them draft a mid to late round goal line back.

Bases on NFL Draft Scouts round prediction and reported measurements, heres some options:

NFL Draft Scout - RB

Rashaad Penny San Diego State
2-3rd 5-11 220 4.46

Jaylen Samuels North Carolina State 3-4th 6-0 225 4.54

Royce Freeman Oregon
4th 5-11 229 4.54


*Bo Scarbrough Alabama
5th 6-1 228 4.52


Kalen Ballage Arizona State
5th 6-1 228 4.46


*Chris Warren III Texas
7-FA 6-2 247 4.69


Who's the best compliment as a power/goal line back for the Niners?

You say BEST, compliment GOALINE/POWER back. I assume you mean mid-round. Which i would say chubb.

1. Chubb
2. Freeman
3. Ballage
4. Scarborough
5. Penny
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Butter:
After signing McKinnon here is the 9ers current list of RB.

Mostert, 5'10 197
Raheem

Williams, 5'11 205
Joe

McKinnon, 5'9 205
Jerick

McNichols, 5'9 214
Jeremy

Breida, 5/11 190
Matt


Id like to see them draft a mid to late round goal line back.

Bases on NFL Draft Scouts round prediction and reported measurements, heres some options:

NFL Draft Scout - RB

Rashaad Penny San Diego State
2-3rd 5-11 220 4.46

Jaylen Samuels North Carolina State 3-4th 6-0 225 4.54

Royce Freeman Oregon
4th 5-11 229 4.54


*Bo Scarbrough Alabama
5th 6-1 228 4.52


Kalen Ballage Arizona State
5th 6-1 228 4.46


*Chris Warren III Texas
7-FA 6-2 247 4.69


Who's the best compliment as a power/goal line back for the Niners?

You say BEST, compliment GOALINE/POWER back. I assume you mean mid-round. Which i would say chubb.

1. Chubb
2. Freeman
3. Ballage
4. Scarborough
5. Penny

Correct mid to late round power back. Barring Barkley falling to 9, I will be very surprised in the Niners take a RB before rd 3, but more likely, itll be with the late 4 or after.
Originally posted by Butter:
After signing McKinnon here is the 9ers current list of RB.

Mostert, 5'10 197
Raheem

Williams, 5'11 205
Joe

McKinnon, 5'9 205
Jerick

McNichols, 5'9 214
Jeremy

Breida, 5/11 190
Matt


Id like to see them draft a mid to late round goal line back.

Bases on NFL Draft Scouts round prediction and reported measurements, heres some options:

NFL Draft Scout - RB

Rashaad Penny San Diego State
2-3rd 5-11 220 4.46

Jaylen Samuels North Carolina State 3-4th 6-0 225 4.54

Royce Freeman Oregon
4th 5-11 229 4.54


*Bo Scarbrough Alabama
5th 6-1 228 4.52


Kalen Ballage Arizona State
5th 6-1 228 4.46


*Chris Warren III Texas
7-FA 6-2 247 4.69


Who's the best compliment as a power/goal line back for the Niners?

Breida is 200 now.
Freeman isn't really a power back but has the size to do some of the inside zone stuff that Hyde was doing, pounding the football in between the tackles. I don't expect Kyle to completely abandon that aspect of the offense and Freeman would be a great change up from McKinnon and Breida if Williams doesn't cut the mustard.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone