LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Scott Quessenberry - C - UCLA

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Never really looked at the centers in this draft other than Price (bleh) because I was hoping we go with a vet that has more experience sorting things out on the line...and by that, I DO NOT MEAN KILGORE

Anyways, this guy seems to be mentally great. One of those technique over physicality linemen. He's got enough strength to get the job done, but he covers his assignments off of footwork and hand placement. Doesn't have Jason Kelce like speed, but he gets to his spots by taking good angles and not wasting steps. Vea got him once on a quick inside move and overpowered him to stuff a run. He won a couple battles against Vea tho. He doesn't seem to have a high motor. Day 3 developmental guy. If we can build his leg strength, he'll be a serviceable line general in the middle. This guy really knows his stuff.

SIDE NOTE: His brother David currently plays Guard for the Texans and had to overcome Lymphoma after getting drafted. Just made his first start last December. Really tough family.

[ Edited by TheNef77 on Feb 1, 2018 at 1:06 AM ]
He got abused in Senior bowl practices, stopped watching him after that
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
He got abused in Senior bowl practices, stopped watching him after that

Yeah saw that too. The Ohio State kid was killing him, but not gonna discard 4 years of starting for a poor All-Star game practice. I still think he's a nice day 3 guy.
I think Rosen will tell any team that drafts him to stay the hell away from Quessenberry
Share 49ersWebzone