LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 278 users in the forums

Shanny Drafts

2 part question:

With Shannys history he waits at least with the teams he has been an OC on he has waited to draft RB late in drafts(none before 3rd and half UDFA)
2008- Steve Slaton (3rd rd)
2009- Arian Foster (UDFA)
2012- Alfred Morris (6th rd)
2013- Isaiah Crowell (UDFA)
2015- Tevin Coleman(3rd rd)
2016- Matt Breida (UDFA)

Question 1: Which RB would be a good possibly for later rounds
Question 2: With this history which prospect other than RB would be in place for the 1st round then at 9
[ Edited by DeHubb on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:12 PM ]
3rd round on RBs I like are Mark Walton out of the U, and Myles Gaskins out of Washington..
Justin Jackson RB Northwestern
5'11" 185 lbs
4.52 40
Est 4th round

"heavy college workload, body type, and lack of top-end speed have helped detract from his amazing accomplishments at Northwestern in the eyes of NFL scouts. Despite his elite elusiveness and ability to play the role of pass protector and pass catcher, he is projected by most as a 4th-round pick currently, and may drop even lower as his recent cold stretch is accounted for (thanks, Northwestern offensive line). But if the contributions of the players above, especially Ellington and Abdullah, are any indication, than Jackson's skills will give him a chance to at the very least cut out a role for himself in today's NFL. And if things break right, he certainly has the capacity to be an every-down back."
Insidenu.com

Compared to Paul Perkins:
Decisive when working between the tackles, but can bounce it when warranted. Flashes sudden, 1-cut ability on stretch plays...Reliable hands when asked to help in passing game. Willing to stick his nose in against the blitz."
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM ]
What about Sony Michel or Nick Chubb, also like Royce Jones or Bo Scarborough (just his injuries history scares me)
Your missing a couple

Chris Thompson, Roy Hulu, even royster, Terrance west (3rd rd in Cleveland), and our own joe Williams. Think they signed former 2nd rd pick ben Tate that same yr as well.

I don't think teams in general outside of the past couple seasons were drafting RBs high for a while.

If they love a guy they'll draft him regardless of position, at least that's what I'm hoping for
Originally posted by jersey49er:
3rd round on RBs I like are Mark Walton out of the U, and Myles Gaskins out of Washington..

Sounds like gaskins might stay in college
Originally posted by NYniner85:

For some reason I thought he declared already..
Originally posted by DeHubb:
What about Sony Michel or Nick Chubb, also like Royce Jones or Bo Scarborough (just his injuries history scares me)

Bo is poo, not a fit for our scheme imo. Same with chubb he's got no speed at all (it was pretty clear vs Bama)

Jones and Michel are two of my favorites behind the two big dogs (Barkley/Guice) all 4 imo will be top 50 picks (Barkley/Guice are 1st rd guys).
After RoJo, John Kelly has become my new favorite RB. I highly recommend you watch him if you haven't. In terms of playing style and traits, he's very similar to Kareem Hunt.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 11, 2018 at 6:32 PM ]

For some reason I thought he declared already..

Yeah from what I've heard/read he hasn't declared yet

Bo is poo, not a fit for our scheme imo. Same with chubb he's got no speed at all (it was pretty clear vs Bama)

Jones and Michel are two of my favorites behind the two big dogs (Barkley/Guice) all 4 imo will be top 50 picks (Barkley/Guice are 1st rd guys).

Yeah I agree, Michel looks to be a special talent who is going to shine, my possible ROY choice next year depending on a team he goes to lol I could see him being a dolphin or raven..

Yeah I agree, Michel looks to be a special talent who is going to shine, my possible ROY choice next year depending on a team he goes to lol I could see him being a dolphin or raven..
Alex Collins has the Ravens spot to himself, and Drake looks like he is going to command the Dolphins spot.. Now Giants, Redskins, Bucs or Seahawks

Alex Collins has the Ravens spot to himself, and Drake looks like he is going to command the Dolphins spot.. Now Giants, Redskins, Bucs or Seahawks

lol I thought about the Seahawks but please no, not trying to cheer against Michel..

lol I thought about the Seahawks but please no, not trying to cheer against Michel..

when i sit and think i do think Bo is a better fit for a team like Giants. Down hill bruiser. Bo has speed like Derek Henry.. He was eating up Clemson Defense last year in the championship. I still like Nick Chubb though. I think he could take Hyde spot if we dont keep him
I don't think he really had anything to do with where any of the teams prior to the 49ers drafted a RB.
Share 49ersWebzone