There are 229 users in the forums

2018 Senior Bowl

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Pretty much what I said, it is unlikely but if the Giants did give Spagnuolo the job permanently and he did have a staff they could coach it.

It is one from NFC and one from AFC, so yes it should be us, Bears or Buccs, I'm fairly sure that either Head coaches would be sacked if they had worse records than us, so looking good

Didn't know it had to be one from AFC/NFC cool to know.

Pretty sure if the team had a NEW HC they were out so even if Spagnulo got the job Giants would be out of it since it's a new HC but maybe the interim to HC is a loop hole. But I'm sure they'll be looking at someone else. Can't see Bears retaining Fox. You don't keep a guy who didn't know who you were drafting #2 overall the morning of the draft.
Kemoko Turray can be a very enticing day 3 pick
BYU senior LB Fred Warner accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl.

Warner (6'3/230) registered 87 tackles (9.0 for loss), a sack, an interception and a forced fumble for BYU's hapless squad this season. Prior to the start of the season, nfldraftscout.com's Rob Rang described the Cougar linebacker as "a physical striker who wraps his arms for the secure tackle and possesses the agility and length to harass the quarterback in coverage or on the rush." He could potentially sway his way into the Day 2 conversation with a strong evaluating process.
Source: AL.com

Didn't see BYU this year, anyone see him?
Boston College senior DE Harold Landry accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Landry (6'3/245) has drawn comps to Falcons DE Vic Beasley and will be in the first-round conversation this spring. Just how high he might be able to rise will depend on how the evaluating process plays out. The stalwart senior has registered 38 tackles (8.5 for loss) and five sacks this season. An ankle injury has sidelined him for the past four games, hence why those numbers are not particularly eye-popping. You want eye-popping, though, look no further than the 2016 season. Landry put up 50 tackles (22 for loss) and 16.5 sacks a year ago. When he's healthy, he has dominant upside.

Smart of him to accept the Senior Bowl invite, I agree his will be one of the more interesting evaluations.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
BYU senior LB Fred Warner accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl.

Warner (6'3/230) registered 87 tackles (9.0 for loss), a sack, an interception and a forced fumble for BYU's hapless squad this season. Prior to the start of the season, nfldraftscout.com's Rob Rang described the Cougar linebacker as "a physical striker who wraps his arms for the secure tackle and possesses the agility and length to harass the quarterback in coverage or on the rush." He could potentially sway his way into the Day 2 conversation with a strong evaluating process.

Didn't see BYU this year, anyone see him?

Yeah, I thought he had a better year last year but was still solid this year. Long, athletic LB that's great in space but has taken some bad angles this year. I could see him chasing down Wilson lol...worth looking at in mid to later rounds

Boston College senior DE Harold Landry accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Landry (6'3/245) has drawn comps to Falcons DE Vic Beasley and will be in the first-round conversation this spring. Just how high he might be able to rise will depend on how the evaluating process plays out. The stalwart senior has registered 38 tackles (8.5 for loss) and five sacks this season. An ankle injury has sidelined him for the past four games, hence why those numbers are not particularly eye-popping. You want eye-popping, though, look no further than the 2016 season. Landry put up 50 tackles (22 for loss) and 16.5 sacks a year ago. When he's healthy, he has dominant upside.

Smart of him to accept the Senior Bowl invite, I agree his will be one of the more interesting evaluations.

We could do a few trade backs get more 2nd and 3rd maybe 1st round picks ...And get him around 15-20 ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

We could do a few trade backs get more 2nd and 3rd maybe 1st round picks ...And get him around 15-20 ???

Maybe two mini trade downs but i doubt he goes past 15 because pass rushers always shoot up some. But doing atleast one mini trade down probably allows you to diagnose if youre able to make/entertain another mini trade down.
Bears win convincingly on the road, if Fox keeps his job this will be a straight shootout between us to coach the Senior Bowl, I really want to coach this game. The Bucks are threatening as well but surely Dirk gets fired
Bears win convincingly on the road, if Fox keeps his job this will be a straight shootout between us to coach the Senior Bowl, I really want to coach this game. The Bucks are threatening as well but surely Dirk gets fired

whats the criteria for coaching the senior bowl?
Originally posted by gold49digger:

whats the criteria for coaching the senior bowl?

worst record with an incumbent head coach.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Pretty much, except one from AFC one from NFC, also it states "established coaching staff" so in theory if all the hiring are in place a new staff could coach it
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Pretty much, except one from AFC one from NFC, also it states "established coaching staff" so in theory if all the hiring are in place a new staff could coach it

I think it's coached by teams with the worst records that have most of their coaching staff intact or something along the lines of that. It doesn't have to be only one from NFC and one from AFC, just the 2 worst records in the league
Colts have the #3 spot currently(Were at 4) but Pagano might get canned.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Colts have the #3 spot currently(Were at 4) but Pagano might get canned.

Surely he will be.
I stand corrected, the criteria for NFC vs AFC was ditched years ago!!! Was just a coincidence that it's happened the last few years.

I think we might be screwed now, would take a lot of coaching staff being fired
Share 49ersWebzone