LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Wyatt Teller-OG-Virginia Tech

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude. Brown and Brown Wrecking Crew ftw! Two 6'8" monster tackles that are as wide as a Mack Truck. Could be fun.

I personally think Browns the best tackle in the draft but drafting at #2 and selecting a back up until Staley's gone would and someone who is probably a stretch to fit into a ZBS is pretty comical.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I personally think Browns the best tackle in the draft but drafting at #2 and selecting a back up until Staley's gone would and someone who is probably a stretch to fit into a ZBS is pretty comical.

I'm guessing that if they went with Brown, it would likely mean that Staley is retired, getting traded or moving to guard.
More info on Teller from 2013.

On playing defensive tackle instead of defensive end: "I'm going to do whatever the coach wants. Defensive tackle is a little different, but I basically had an idea that I was going to end up at defensive tackle. I was a huge defensive end in high school. It just didn't fit. I'm not as fast as Gayle, not everybody can do that. Defensive tackle, it's a little harder, different techniques, that's about it."
On his size: "Actually a month ago I was about 253, and I'm 276 now. So 23 pounds…Tech food is the best, I can't stop eating it! Lots of protein, lots of weight room, and I'm the same speed…I'm just 23 pounds heavier."

So he had already started bulking up to play defensive tackle before they wound up moving him to guard.
More info on Teller from 2013.

On playing defensive tackle instead of defensive end: "I'm going to do whatever the coach wants. Defensive tackle is a little different, but I basically had an idea that I was going to end up at defensive tackle. I was a huge defensive end in high school. It just didn't fit. I'm not as fast as Gayle, not everybody can do that. Defensive tackle, it's a little harder, different techniques, that's about it."
On his size: "Actually a month ago I was about 253, and I'm 276 now. So 23 pounds…Tech food is the best, I can't stop eating it! Lots of protein, lots of weight room, and I'm the same speed…I'm just 23 pounds heavier."

So he had already started bulking up to play defensive tackle before they wound up moving him to guard.

If we go Barkley I hope we find a way to get him but he seems like he's going to be the show stopper at the combine.
If we go Barkley I hope we find a way to get him but he seems like he's going to be the show stopper at the combine.

I expect Teller to go somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds. If the 49ers really wanted him, he'd be available.
Man, you're right about Teller flying under the radar...he's not in Walter Football's top 25...he's #57 in NFL Draft Scout & I couldn't even find an NFL.com draft profile on him. Could be a sleeper pick, eh. There are usually a few in every draft. I'd be down for that...pretty sure Lynch will sign a FA C and OG, so he'd be drafting for depth/development most likely.
271 apparently

He's not 271. That may have been his weight a few years ago. Virginia Tech actually has him listed at 315. For around 6'5", he's easily at least 295 pounds.

I wouldn't care what his weight was he is just a football player. For a Shanahan scheme I would think lighter is better. Some good options to upgrade our O line in this draft. Of course I saw a mock draft where the niners took Orlando Brown at #2 and I just laughed.

yep it all depends on how they carry their weight and their athleticism. Brown is probably one of the bigger Ts in the league but he is so darn athletic that he is able to play zone.

This guy looks like a perfect fit. If we got Nelson and this guy, people better watch out. I want that nasty line like we had in 2012.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Man, you're right about Teller flying under the radar...he's not in Walter Football's top 25...he's #57 in NFL Draft Scout & I couldn't even find an NFL.com draft profile on him. Could be a sleeper pick, eh. There are usually a few in every draft. I'd be down for that...pretty sure Lynch will sign a FA C and OG, so he'd be drafting for depth/development most likely.

Hope he continues to fly under the radar. I want FA lineman, but we still should bring in some rookies that have starting potential.
Nice, I haven't seen any VT but I like what I see so far. I hope we end up coaching the Senior Bowl, our coaches can get a good look and I bet we'd end up with some guys like him
So how does this guy stack up to Nelson ??? Lets say Nelson is a 9 out of 10 ...what kinda number does Teller get ???

The senior bowl is going to be a good one this year. Plenty of good players will be going. Really excited to see all these guys
Giants have pretty much taken themselves out of coaching it (unless they go with Spagnolo and he gets a staff in time) I'd say we're looking very good to coach it
Senior Bowl is going to be extra stacked this year.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Senior Bowl is going to be extra stacked this year.

Hells yeah! Lets trade down and get them extra picks... BO-IIIIIII.

Early in his career, Teller was a media darling, a gregarious character who always had a funny story to share with reporters looking to add color to articles about Teller or his teammates.
In 2014, as a redshirt freshman who became a starter midway through the year, Teller captivated writers by speculating on how lineman David Wang might celebrate scoring a touchdown and describing the audible "bang" when Jerome Wright collided with a defender.
In 2015, while talking about a teammate's offseason job, Teller launched into a passionate endorsement of Taco Bell's beefy Fritos burritos. Last year, he chatted about his haircut — "the bun of disgust" — and the "fool's hammer" that was awarded to the team's top performing lineman each week.
In March, he shared an anecdote about the only player he said who beat him one on one during a recruiting camp — current teammate Braxton Pfaff. In August, he reminisced about his all-time favorite hairstyles.
Then, he went silent.
Teller has turned down multiple interviews requests, both in group and one-on-one settings throughout the season.
"That's on his own there," Tech offensive line coach Vance Vice said. "I did not know that. Shocked me, right there. He didn't want to talk? Wow."
Teller's avoidance of the media has contributed to his senior season flying somewhat under the radar. But it's been his best year in college. He's started all 12 games and has now started 24 straight for the Hokies (9-3), who will cap Teller's final season with an appearance in the Camping World Bowl against Oklahoma State on Dec. 28 in Orlando.
He was first-team all-ACC selection and finished second in the balloting for the league's Jacobs Blocking Trophy. NFL draft experts project him to possibly go on Day 2 of the draft.
"I think he's definitely a big leader on this team, and obviously he's one of the best linemen in the country," redshirt freshman quarterback Josh Jackson said. "Just to know I have that protection on the left side is very nice."

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/virginia-tech/quietly-virginia-tech-s-talkative-wyatt-teller-is-having-a/article_6405d9c0-3c11-5278-9975-3c427a88338e.html
Share 49ersWebzone