LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by genus49:
Acting like you're high and mighty when it comes to football evaluations when you were dogging Bosa the whole draft process seems silly no?

Lol,...pull up my 1st quote from Bosa's thread,...because you are COMPLETELY lost. Bosa had some issues that only people like you are allowed to discuss here on the board, that I cannot discuss.

Injuries had been a question mark. He deserved criticism for not coming back to OSU. He deserved questions about his injuries??

As far as a football player? What I 1st said on here is "let's stop pretending like this guy isin't athletic,...he bends like crazy and we see it on tape."

No offense to you, but you are the quintessential example of what I'm talking about. You will completely make up stuff months later out of nothing more than emotion. There's no sense in trying to weigh positives and negatives with you regarding just about all of our players because your judgement is clouded.

So much so that you will completely make up stuff about Bosa when everyone knows his criticism came from off-the-field stuff and not being on the field to begin with. So what's the point??

Back to the subject, because I dont want or need to be high and mighty regarding football evaluations, nor do I care who is. My point was, if you passed this kid over for Burns like he was crap,...you have been proven completely wrong up to this point.

There's really nothing you can defend your buddy with here on this point. By next year things could be totally reversed. We'll see. Until then? Move on to something else.

You can write a condescending book all you want but fact is you didn't want to draft Bosa and have looked foolish as a result. Instead of admitting it like many others have you're going the extra mile to pimp up Josh Allen who while being a very good player hasn't come close to the impact of Bosa.

And speaking of making sh*t up...who ever said Allen was crap? I had some concerns about Allen's game. He's addressed some of those concerns but the idea that taking Burns over Allen would be somehow a clear mistake given what each guy has done so far is crap.

If anything they have been neck and neck in terms of production and Burns as mentioned is 1 year younger and still has plenty of growth to go through.

You're acting like Allen is completely out producing Burns so drafting one over the other would be something crazy. Not even close to being the case. But you keep acting like it is and maybe by end of the season you'll be right.
You can write a condescending book all you want but fact is you didn't want to draft Bosa and have looked foolish as a result.

I most certainly did want us to draft Bosa on draft night,.. should Arizona pass on him (which I was surprised by) and should all of the injury and personality stuff have been green-lighted by a competent staff.

Now was all of the stuff green lighted by a competent staff, ala our Alabama Linebacker that hissyfitted his way out of the combine? Or did we simply take the BPA, unlike Zona?

My angle is CLEAR: I've always loved Shanahan's innovative tendencies, but I dont view our learning-on-the-job GM as competent,..as evidenced by his past drafts. I dont trust him, I hope our coach is in charge of the drafts, and I've made this point directly to you before to explain my angle on doubting virtually every step he takes. I'd like for him to be paired up with someone more worthy of a GM position.

Even still,...I get the teenage girlish outbursts about Bosa over stuff I've never said. I've said he's injury prone until he proves otherwise. I've said he has freakish ability and he's been the #1 rated player for pretty much a year now. I've said other stuff that is now not allowed to be said that I guess you're trying to bait me into.

What more is there to say? You will not find a post doubting his athletic ability because it doesn't exist, and you simply cant grasp the thesis statement above.

Everyone isint meant to or able to discuss football in a legit back-and-forth.

It's just not meant for you. You'll always side with whatever move our management makes (see your hilarious performances in the Solomon Thomas thread), and you'll make up stuff you cant find and quote, because they're what you want to believe, not because they've ever been said.

Lol....I'm good. Give me someone that doesnt get all emotional about legit criticism and has better things to do than seek out and make up haters on his own team's board. You're beyond paranoid.

If I want that kinda stuff I post on Seattle's boards. Give it a rest. We have ZERO to talk about. We dont seek to discuss the same types of things here.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 28, 2019 at 1:05 PM ]
Well now we know that Bosa is better in coverage (1 pick and stats tell all) so it's a wrap. /s #legionofbosa #endthread
You can write a condescending book all you want but fact is you didn't want to draft Bosa and have looked foolish as a result.

I most certainly did want us to draft Bosa on draft night,.. should Arizona pass on him (which I was surprised by) and should all of the injury and personality stuff have been green-lighted by a competent staff.

Now was all of the stuff green lighted by a competent staff, ala our Alabama Linebacker that hissyfitted his way out of the combine? Or did we simply take the BPA, unlike Zona?

My angle is CLEAR: I've always loved Shanahan's innovative tendencies, but I dont view our learning-on-the-job GM as competent,..as evidenced by his past drafts. I dont trust him, I hope our coach is in charge of the drafts, and I've made this point directly to you before to explain my angle on doubting virtually every step he takes. I'd like for him to be paired up with someone more worthy of a GM position.

Even still,...I get the teenage girlish outbursts about Bosa over stuff I've never said. I've said he's injury prone until he proves otherwise. I've said he has freakish ability and he's been the #1 rated player for pretty much a year now. I've said other stuff that is now not allowed to be said that I guess you're trying to bait me into.

What more is there to say? You will not find a post doubting his athletic ability because it doesn't exist, and you simply cant grasp the thesis statement above.

It's just not meant for you. You'll always side with whatever move our management makes (see your hilarious performances in the Solomon Thomas thread), and you'll make up stuff you cant find and quote, because they're what you want to believe, not because they've ever been said.

Lol....I'm good. Give me someone that doesnt get all emotional about legit criticism and has better things to do than seek out and make up haters on his own team's board. You're beyond paranoid.

If I want that kinda stuff I post on Seattle's boards. Give it a rest. We have ZERO to talk about. We dont seek to discuss the same types of things here.

lol whatever you want to keep telling yourself. Whatever your reasons were you were definitely not on the draft Bosa pre-draft talk.

Plenty of posts talking about his injury history. There are no emotions in my post outside of laughter.

Brian Burns has played great so far. So has Josh Allen. I'm not sure how your eye test works but claiming that Burns over Allen would've been incredibly stupid given what we've seen so far is a total stretch at best.

PFF is an "eye test" for their people

Allen has better numbers on nearly 100 more snaps but their eye test tells them Burns has been better. Both guys based on their "eye test" are super close.

Burns being 1 year younger certainly doesn't show he would've been a huge mistake passing on Allen...Now Clelein Ferrell is another story.

And for the record I don't love every move the franchise makes but I do support all 49er players unless they clearly prove to be asshats or I think their play makes us a worse team.

lol whatever you want to keep telling yourself. Whatever your reasons were you were definitely not on the draft Bosa pre-draft talk.

Plenty of posts talking about his injury history. There are no emotions in my post outside of laughter.

Brian Burns has played great so far. So has Josh Allen. I'm not sure how your eye test works but claiming that Burns over Allen would've been incredibly stupid given what we've seen so far is a total stretch at best.

PFF is an "eye test" for their people

Allen has better numbers on nearly 100 more snaps but their eye test tells them Burns has been better. Both guys based on their "eye test" are super close.

Burns being 1 year younger certainly doesn't show he would've been a huge mistake passing on Allen...Now Clelein Ferrell is another story.

And for the record I don't love every move the franchise makes but I do support all 49er players unless they clearly prove to be asshats or I think their play makes us a worse team.

Guys guys guys... just admit you were both wrong about your player. Random was wrong about Allen>Bosa and Genus was wrong about Thomas. Then you can both admit I was right about both Thomas and Bosa and everyone is even. K? /s
Bro,...do you realize you took the same exact tally you admittedly did not understand in 1 post just a couple days ago,...and used it as EVIDENCE of something here in this thread just now?? Comedy hour @ it's finest. Since I'm big on proof, here:

I honestly don't get how they do their calculations. They're so all over the place.

Hell the highest edge they list is Kemoko Turay. Now he's only played 4 games.

His pass rush grades in those 4 games were

His total pass rush grade is...91.0

Now it's been a while since I've taken a math class but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't average out to 91. So wtf?

How can you do this, yet think you can lead a legit discussion?

FWIW,...as a 6th man in the NBA,...you can lead the league in points per minute,..through 10 games even,...and be injured the rest of the year and still lead (like Turay is). But that in no way makes you Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant,...production-wise.

lol whatever you want to keep telling yourself. Whatever your reasons were

Stopped here. If you have no regard for someone's reasons, there's nothing more to discuss. I'm not a cheerleader.

On the issue of PFF stuff,...I taught you about what they really mean in another thread,...as you've already said, you have no idea what you're really looking at. (Your screenshot highlights that Josh Allen's been more productive, but you admittedly have no clue which # shows such)

That screenshot above is CLEARLY sorted by an average with no regard to sample size. I can see that because 2 are tied @ 44 with a 69.0, and I know that the guy that's still #1 the way you sorted wasnt playing very much when he was healthy, and is out for the rest of the year after 4 games with an injury. This # means SOMETHING,...just not what you think it means (which is why I'm breaking it down for you), so it's not really for you to use in a discussion.

You can click on totals, plays, hurries, et. al., and resort to have the rankings any way you see fit. You truly dont understand, but it's already explained in the Bosa thread, so no need to repost.

FWIW, I'm a mathematician,...but you give numbers to a bunch of people that truly dont have a concept of what they really mean, and we all end up in outerspace by post #4. Hence,...the reason I'd rather we just trust what we watched on video screen. #EyeTestIsBetter

BTW,...did you watch the Carolina game yesterday? Don't know if Burns even dressed.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 29, 2019 at 5:51 AM ]
I figured with Dee Ford on board, and with the way we ran the Seahawk Defense last year, along with what to do with Armstead,- I didn't think we needed to draft Bosa either. However, we CHANGED our defense and Bosa has exceded expectations and is the starter I wasn't sure he would be (given our defensive strategy and concepts in 2017-2018). Looks like we did a great job, and if I stand corrected then so be it-I can admit my apprehension even tho that's NOT the status quo on his board.
Josh Allen is sweet. Nice job using the speed to turn the tackle and set up the ice pick.

• jcs
  • Veteran
He's at 8 sacks and leads all rookies right now.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's at 8 sacks and leads all rookies right now.

But were they high quality doe

Originally posted by Heroism:
Josh Allen is sweet. Nice job using the speed to turn the tackle and set up the ice pick.

dude getting doubled a ton? I haven't seen much of that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:

dude getting doubled a ton? I haven't seen much of that.

Even before the draft I said either or Bosa or Allen and I'd be happy, both are going to be superstars for awhile
Raider fans...

Raider fans...

derp lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Even before the draft I said either or Bosa or Allen and I'd be happy, both are going to be superstars for awhile

Oh I had no problem with Allen, Bosa IMO was the better player of the two...I just wanted to know if he was getting doubled a ton?
Share 49ersWebzone