49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 575 users in the forums

Who ?

Browse 49ers books and videos
Best move to get this franchise back to winning sooner rather than later is to sign Kirk Cousins and trade down for a ton of picks.

However if we end up with #1 overall(not likely the way Browns are "playing") and Kyle thinks any of the QBs are the real deal then they'll have to be the pick. If he's not sold then it should be Cousins & trade down.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
If C.J beathard continues to flash, or we sign Kirk Cousins in FA, and Hyde is extended, trade down for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

If the above holds true but no Hyde, Saquon Barkley.

If no QB, Rossen

"contnues to flash"
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,413
It's hard to say because a lot is riding on if we can sign Cousins.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
"contnues to flash"

Imo, he has done more to show promise than to not.
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'd go with Barkley and over Rosen too. I know Rosen has the best tools of the QB's but I don't trust him as a sure thing.
Shoot there never is a sure thing in football, but I don't think Rosen could come in and start. Not right away. Well for starters I'd think his confidence would take a massive beating.
He needs to really work on his reads. He stares his receivers down way too much and too often. He does not play well on the road. Is this because of his subpar supporting cast? Or is it his previous injuries? I don't know.
He sure can throw a beautiful ball and he's more polished than the other QB's in this draft. A lot of his throws in college he can get away with but not at the next level. It almost seems as if though the college game is too easy for him and he gets bored at times. Just like with Goff. Maybe he's ready for the next level and is playing it safe. I think if the browns have the #1 pick they would take him.
Is he a game changer? I don't think so. Not yet. I think he would need to sit for a year at least if he was drafted by us.

What if we are zeroed in on Cousins? The FA will really set the tone for the draft.
If we do land Cousins then I don't see us drafting Rosen.

Barkley is a game changer. He has such a powerful lower body it's unfair for tacklers. Combine his hands, speed , pass blocking awareness and you have the complete package.
He's so versatile. He can line up in the slot or outside. Runs nice routes and has great hands. How he stops on a dime and cut backs with speed of a gazelle is freakish. Haven't seen that since AP and LT in college.
Barkley is killing it and doing so behind a so so O-line. You put him behind a line like Notre Dame or Stanford and he'd Have way more yards, but he fills up the stat sheet each week.

I'll take Rosen and R Jones (if people think we need a RB that bad) in the 2nd over Barkley and whomever with our 1st 2nd rd pick.

All bets are off if we get Kirk....I'm moving down a couple spots beefing up that OL with those picks if we land Kirk/Jimmy G
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Rosen is going #1 - to the Browns
Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan
Minkah Fitzpatrick FS Alabama
Harold Landry DE Boston College
Quentin Nelson G Notre Dame
Josh Allen QB Wyoming
Derwin James S Florida
Bradley Chubb DE NC State
Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
Courtland Sutton WR MSU
Billy Price G Ohio State
Connor Williams OT Texas
Arden Key DE LSU
Roquan Smith OLB Georgia
Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma

I would put it in that order, for now
Quentin Nelson is a better player than McGlinchey at a more important position for the Niners right now--although I wouldn't take either at number 2.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'd go with Barkley and over Rosen too. I know Rosen has the best tools of the QB's but I don't trust him as a sure thing.
Shoot there never is a sure thing in football, but I don't think Rosen could come in and start. Not right away. Well for starters I'd think his confidence would take a massive beating.
He needs to really work on his reads. He stares his receivers down way too much and too often. He does not play well on the road. Is this because of his subpar supporting cast? Or is it his previous injuries? I don't know.
He sure can throw a beautiful ball and he's more polished than the other QB's in this draft. A lot of his throws in college he can get away with but not at the next level. It almost seems as if though the college game is too easy for him and he gets bored at times. Just like with Goff. Maybe he's ready for the next level and is playing it safe. I think if the browns have the #1 pick they would take him.
Is he a game changer? I don't think so. Not yet. I think he would need to sit for a year at least if he was drafted by us.

What if we are zeroed in on Cousins? The FA will really set the tone for the draft.
If we do land Cousins then I don't see us drafting Rosen.

Barkley is a game changer. He has such a powerful lower body it's unfair for tacklers. Combine his hands, speed , pass blocking awareness and you have the complete package.
He's so versatile. He can line up in the slot or outside. Runs nice routes and has great hands. How he stops on a dime and cut backs with speed of a gazelle is freakish. Haven't seen that since AP and LT in college.
Barkley is killing it and doing so behind a so so O-line. You put him behind a line like Notre Dame or Stanford and he'd Have way more yards, but he fills up the stat sheet each week.

I'll take Rosen and R Jones (if people think we need a RB that bad) in the 2nd over Barkley and whomever with our 1st 2nd rd pick.

All bets are off if we get Kirk....I'm moving down a couple spots beefing up that OL with those picks if we land Kirk/Jimmy G

R. Jones is the kid out of USC right..? hes got some wheels on him..i kno that much about him..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
R. Jones is the kid out of USC right..? hes got some wheels on him..i kno that much about him..

Yup
NY, I like the way you think.

I think RJ is the best pure outside zone RB at the top of the draft.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Rosen or they're morons.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Flush-It-Downs winning a game, so they'll likely get the #2 pick again.

yep Rosen is the logical pick and i think Lynch/Shannahan know it too. I think thats why they started Beathard because they want to 100% know that he cant be the FQB before they go out and get a top 5 draft QB.

After seeing how we played yesterday, i wouldnt be surprised if we go winless too. We have a chance against the cardinals, bears, and giants but i they will be down to the wire type of games.

Plus, if darnold comes out...i think Hue Jackson goes after him. He likes QBs with a high level of raw talent and i think he would sell more tickets than Rosen. Seems like a perfect fit where as Rosen is more of a accurate, high IQ pocket passer.
F*cking aorund on first-pick in a...all our problems are solved draft

I could live with this after signing Cousins.

Round 1 Pick 11 (JAX): Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS/CB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 2: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (CHI): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9 (DAL): Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11 (JAX): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (CAR): Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (B+)
Round 3 Pick 2: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 5: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (CAR): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 5 (CHI): Duke Dawson, CB, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma (C)
Round 6 Pick 2: Matt Linehan, QB, Idaho (B+)
Round 6 Pick 30 (N.E.): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama (A+)
Originally posted by genus49:
F*cking aorund on first-pick in a...all our problems are solved draft

I could live with this after signing Cousins.

Round 1 Pick 11 (JAX): Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS/CB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 2: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (CHI): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9 (DAL): Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11 (JAX): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (CAR): Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (B+)
Round 3 Pick 2: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 5: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (CAR): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 5 (CHI): Duke Dawson, CB, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma (C)
Round 6 Pick 2: Matt Linehan, QB, Idaho (B+)
Round 6 Pick 30 (N.E.): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama (A+)

lol it's nice to dream, like 5 1st rounders would be amazing..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
lol it's nice to dream, like 5 1st rounders would be amazing..

lol yeah...that site gives me a draft boner...then reality sinks in. If we get 2-3 of those players I'd be very happy.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
lol it's nice to dream, like 5 1st rounders would be amazing..

lol yeah...that site gives me a draft boner...then reality sinks in. If we get 2-3 of those players I'd be very happy.

I agree..very possible tho bc I could definitely see a lot of maneuvering from Lynch with 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds..
Originally posted by Hopper:
It's hard to say because a lot is riding on if we can sign Cousins.

Please re-sign with Washington. Any where but in SF. This guy is overrated. I'd rather have a rookie QB than Cousins
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone