LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

• okdkid
  • Veteran

I'm curious as to why he has declined this year. Looks less physical.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This guy is struggling with some of the basics. Not even above replacement level right now.
You kinda knew once Fangio left they would take a step back.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
You kinda knew once Fangio left they would take a step back.

He should've stayed. Bears D struggling now and so is Fangio as a HC. Good for NFC teams though.

But I get it that Fangio had to take the chance to see what he could do.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This guy is struggling with some of the basics. Not even above replacement level right now.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Are we allowed to use PFF or not? If so...that season grade tho
Are we allowed to use PFF or not? If so...that season grade tho

Only allowed to use it when it's on your side of the argument
Roquan, of the Hill People (do do do do)
Roquan, of the Hill People....
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We're veering into thank god the Bears took him before us territory. Looks lost out there. I don't know what happened to him.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Whoa boy.

We're veering into thank god the Bears took him before us territory. Looks lost out there. I don't know what happened to him.

Indeed.

In just under 2 seasons of work he has 220 tackles, 7 sacks and 2 INTs. A lot of teams would have been ecstatic to veer into drafting a Roquan Smith. Whatever his injury, he's developed into a very well rounded, top notch NFL LB.
Whoa boy.

That sucks
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Indeed.

In just under 2 seasons of work he has 220 tackles, 7 sacks and 2 INTs. A lot of teams would have been ecstatic to veer into drafting a Roquan Smith. Whatever his injury, he's developed into a very well rounded, top notch NFL LB.

Significant issues this year. Now an injury on top of his mental health issues. Certainly an unquestioned down year.
Significant issues this year. Now an injury on top of his mental health issues. Certainly an unquestioned down year.

He's been playing at an All Pro level since Trevathan went down. Not sure why you try so hard to bash this guy when its pretty clear that he is objectively a very good NFL LB.
Share 49ersWebzone