LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 202 users in the forums

Fred Warner LB BYU

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Landry and Warner. Make it happen

No hate from me, prefer Roquan and OBO though!

I like the double dip idea, if we pick Landry, double dip on LB's, if we pick Roquan, pass rushers.

I'd actually like to do both but not sure we'll be able to with the other spots that need depth/upgrades.

I'd love Smith and OBO...I just don't know if OBO will be there at 59. This draft is weak at edge and I think guys will get overdrafted ( much like OT).
Could be a good fit at Will.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
This dude worthy of a 4th? If so what about our second 3rd?

People have to remember that the 49ers 4th is damn near a 5th rounder really. Barring a tradedown somewhere there is going to be a LOOOONNNG gap between the 49ers second third rounder and the fourth rounder.

Hmm...you still didn't answer my question lol.

Is he worthy of a late 3rd? Maybe we try to trade down and package with a later pick and maybe add another 4th or 5th rounder to try and hit on some day 3 picks.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 17, 2018 at 2:19 PM ]

Is he worthy of a late 3rd? Maybe we try to trade down and package with a later pick and maybe add another 4th or 5th rounder to try and hit on some day 3 picks.

He could be gone anywhere from early in the 3rd round to early in the 4th. If you like him a lot, you take him with one of the two early 3rd rounders.

He could be gone anywhere from early in the 3rd round to early in the 4th. If you like him a lot, you take him with one of the two early 3rd rounders.

Gotcha thanks. Hopefully he slides like Kittle and Taylor.

Neither of those guys slid, they went in the range they were expected to go. Taylor all throughout the pre-draft process was seen as 5th-6th rounder, Kittle was a 4th to 6th rounder.

Neither of those guys slid, they went in the range they were expected to go. Taylor all throughout the pre-draft process was seen as 5th-6th rounder, Kittle was a 4th to 6th rounder.

As far as Taylor yeah I feel you but that's pretty much cause of size.

Mayock doe had Kittle rated above Everett and Everett went in the 2nd. So seemed like he slid a lil sir jcs ...
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:

If they don't grab Roquan, Fred Warner is the guy I want with one of those thirds! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

[ Edited by 16_to_80 on Apr 19, 2018 at 6:36 PM ]
He's going to be a good one.

Originally posted by Heroism:
He's going to be a good one.

gonna look good in red and gold

He's a Will, but not a Mike. Looks good in pads. Just wish he made more plays. Inconsistent performance from one game to the next
I've seen this int before but not this angle..looks natural catching it

Old but good...idk about getting caught by that qb tho haha

Originally posted by 801niner:
I've seen this int before but not this angle..looks natural catching it

Old but good...idk about getting caught by that qb tho haha

We need this!
4. Fred Warner, BYU – Early Day 2
Warner killed the Senior Bowl, showing he can make the transition off the ball after playing as a big slot and a non-pass rushing edge defender at BYU. I think he's going to be an even better pro than he was in college, as his ball skills and range in coverage should get him on the field right away. He's got to finish better as a tackler, but he gets off blocks better than any linebacker in this class not named Rashaan Evans.

Ideal Scheme Fit: WILL linebacker who can be versatile in coverage.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-2018-nfl-draft-final-positional-rankings-linebackers/
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's a Will, but not a Mike. Looks good in pads. Just wish he made more plays. Inconsistent performance from one game to the next

So this. Not sure why some like this dude. I dont see it
Share 49ersWebzone