LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jake Browning

With all they hype around Rosen( favorite bar none), Allen, and Darnold, it seems as if Jake Browning keeps getting left out of the top 3 conversation.

Passed for a total of 3430 yards this past year with a comp. percentage of 62.1 all while only throwing 9 picks.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
5th round pick at best. IMO
He has a noodle arm just like the other Petersen QBs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 11, 2017 at 2:49 AM ]
You mean the guy that consistently under threw a wide open John Ross?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
You mean the guy that consistently under threw a wide open John Ross?

I noticed that watching some of the Ross highlights. Dude would have had about 400 more yards receiving playing with Watson or Trubisky.
garbage
Like everything about him except his arm just doesn't look strong enough to make all the throws he'll be asked to make at the NFL level.
Will Kyle select a gimmick college QB?
Player against this guy in high school. Damn good player, arm is a serious question. Would have to play in a place with good weather or indoors.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Player against this guy in high school. Damn good player, arm is a serious question. Would have to play in a place with good weather or indoors.

Unreal in HS. What was it, 90 TD's in one season and won the CA state championship. I live near Folsom. But a lot of that was from being in the same system since pop warner and the same coach moved up with him. Browning could have ran that offense with his eyes closed.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 11, 2017 at 7:07 AM ]
pass...we're seeing a theme of what Kyle likes in qbs and it's not him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
pass...we're seeing a theme of what Kyle likes in qbs and it's not him

This guy gets it.
As I've looked at next year's QB crop, I don't see it as any better than this last draft. There may be more of 'em, but that doesn't mean the quality's any better. There were solid reasons Shanahan focused on Beathard...because he played his entire Iowa career in a pro-style offense. He's tough...exceptionally smart and should thrive in Coach's offense. Based on what I saw last year, Darnold was the most dynamic QB in the country...but even after the 2017 season, he'll still be a sophomore. Browning's just one of the QB's that'll get way overdrafted...but not by Lynch, I guarantee that.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Poor man TY DETMER
Share 49ersWebzone