LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The "Seattle Seahawks Blunder"

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
They went in with 7 picks and got 11, what is everyone gloating about?

Quantity doesnt equal quality. Their OL is still a huge weakness.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
They went in with 7 picks and got 11, what is everyone gloating about?

Quantity doesnt equal quality. Their OL is still a huge weakness.

Seattle did strengthen their defensive depth considerably if the guys they took develop. But only adding Pocic to that O Line is an issue. Don't see him playing tackle at a high level so they are stuck with the same crap outside. The hubris is amazing.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 1, 2017 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
A lot of teams trade picks within the division. I don't think there's any "cardinal rule" against it.

They probably wanted the extra picks to move down 3 spots. They're drafts have been terrible since 2011 besides Wilson and Lockett.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
A lot of teams trade picks within the division. I don't think there's any "cardinal rule" against it.

They probably wanted the extra picks to move down 3 spots. They're drafts have been terrible since 2011 besides Wilson and Lockett.

If you are going to maneuver within the division, the team that trades the pick better darn well have a thorough understanding of how the transaction may effect you down the road. If you exchange 4th, 5th or 6th rounders, it's not a big deal. There is a good chance this move doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

However, when you are trading inter division in the 1st round, you are asking for trouble! Seattle got caught with their pants down. They shrugged it off and took the extra picks without taking into consideration that Foster fills a HUGE need for the Niners and when healthy, he's a potential top 5 talent. Seattle didn't give this trade enough thought (thank goodness). Plain and simple, the additional pick they received probably won't offset the boast in talent that we got in Foster.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Seattle did strengthen their defensive depth considerably if the guys they took develop. But only adding Pocic to that O Line is an issue. Don't see him playing tackle at a high level so they are stuck with the same crap outside. The hubris is amazing.

You're right!

I believe they also snagged a tackle in the late rounds, but they need serious help in that department, teams are going to tee off on Willow worse than last year.

All the guys they got on defense won't come close to being a competent fill-in should an injury take down one of their starters. Their D is still legit even tho it has declined from previous years (still very good compared to the rest of the league)... I'm just not sold on their depth chart.

Their salary cap is tight. They haven't been very good with draft picks (of need). They're not getting younger. They've played a s**t load of football (always in the playoffs / SB).... they're wearing down and it will show again this year. The NFC West throne will be up for grabs soon.
Originally posted by LVJay:
You're right!

I believe they also snagged a tackle in the late rounds, but they need serious help in that department, teams are going to tee off on Willow worse than last year.

All the guys they got on defense won't come close to being a competent fill-in should an injury take down one of their starters. Their D is still legit even tho it has declined from previous years (still very good compared to the rest of the league)... I'm just not sold on their depth chart.

Their salary cap is tight. They haven't been very good with draft picks (of need). They're not getting younger. They've played a s**t load of football (always in the playoffs / SB).... they're wearing down and it will show again this year. The NFC West throne will be up for grabs soon.

49ers and Cardinals upgraded their pass rushes, Rams are still loaded, meanwhile Seattle improved their poor OL marginally.

Bottomline, Willow is getting f**ked up.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
You're right!

49ers and Cardinals upgraded their pass rushes, Rams are still loaded, meanwhile Seattle improved their poor OL marginally.

Bottomline, Willow is getting f**ked up.

Lol exactly!

Those ****nuts are either still too cocky or they are confused or both. Once Willow goes down 9-7 or 8-8 might win this division.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Seattle has decided that the OL is where they'll cut corners. Money goes to defense and skill players.
Can't believe they passed up Lamp. But they got my dude McDowell and I am terrified to be right that he is going to be an incredible pro now that he won't be having to play NT and face double and triple teams virtually every play.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Can't believe they passed up Lamp. But they got my dude McDowell and I am terrified to be right that he is going to be an incredible pro now that he won't be having to play NT and face double and triple teams virtually every play.
People are giving them crap for passing on linemen, but who says they liked those linemen? Great, freely-available draft publications say that the linemen they passed on were great prospects and would've filled an obvious need. So what? Those same publications say that CJ Beathard was a reach, but our front office took him anyway because they feel strongly about him. I see a lot of parallels here.

The traded back, and still managed to get their guy in McDowell. Seems like classic BPA instead of need.

I am surprised they weren't more aggressive with TJ Lang this offseason though. Not sure how they let him slip away. Sounds like they thought they had him in the bag and outside factors led to him choosing Detroit instead.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Seattle has decided that the OL is where they'll cut corners. Money goes to defense and skill players.

Yes indeed, and that formula has mostly costed them an early exit from the playoffs
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I don't think they care much for the draft in general

or free agency!
Share 49ersWebzone