There are 254 users in the forums

The "Seattle Seahawks Blunder"

Can't believe anybody is talking about this (maybe they have but there are a lot of posts to read). IMHO, the Hawks may have made the worst decision in the entire draft in trading the 31st pick to the Niners. Not only did they break the cardinal rule of trading to an inter division team, they were flat out guilty of losing track of who was still available at 31!!!!

What I think happened is that they took a look at their own draft board to see who was in the 31-35 range. Thing is they are so loaded at LB, Rueben Foster was probably low on their draft board. Also they probably thought we were trading up to grab Kizer. Appears they didn't run any "what if" scenarios in their war room. I can guarantee you when we selected Foster they uttered "oh crap."

So thank you Seattle! Without you, there is no Rueben Foster on the San Francisco Forty Niners. As we all know the Saints were already on the phone with him announcing they were going to take him with the next pick.

I live in Seattle and only one of the local sports DJs brought this up and man was he livid!!!!!!!!! He was basically saying, "we just allowed the Niners to draft a Top 5 talent and now we have to play against him twice a year for the next 10 years. Guarantee Russell Wilson is thinking "thanks guys."

Maybe I'm getting a melo dramatic, but I think Foster is going to be the new face for this team. Not only are we struggling for an identity, we REALLY need help at ILB. Throw in the fact that I bet his jersey will be #1 in sales (just watch), he'll put people in our stadium and fans will tune into him to see watch him play all across the nation.

Lastly, I do think he'll straighten himself out. Bet Lynch takes Rueben under his wing and keeps him on the straight and narrow. Football is too important to Rueben to mess it up.

Thank you Seattle. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have this opportunity
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM ]
Foster projects to WILL, but I agree, he's gonna be a stud. He may end up our MIKE someday, but hopefully not for several years! lol

In any case, I was pretty shocked that Seattle made that trade. You might be right in thinking we were targeting Kizer.
I was very shocked the Seahawks traded with us, hopefully it comes back to haunt them for years!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
maybe the hawks don't think much of Foster or felt more picks were more valuable to them? maybe?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
maybe the hawks don't think much of Foster or felt more picks were more valuable to them? maybe?

Nah. More and more it seems Seattle got really lucky in 2011 and 2012. Since then their drafting has been fairly s**tty. They also lost out on the top OL in the draft by trading back.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I was very shocked the Seahawks traded with us, hopefully it comes back to haunt them for years!

Ditto

I just couldn't believe it and thought the announcers made a mistake.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nah. More and more it seems Seattle got really lucky in 2011 and 2012. Since then their drafting has been fairly s**tty. They also lost out on the top OL in the draft by trading back.

Don't need no stinking rookies. Cable will make Luke Joeckel realize his potential as he's the bestest OL coach ever.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Can't believe anybody is talking about this (maybe they have but there are a lot of posts to read). IMHO, the Hawks may have made the worst decision in the entire draft in trading the 31st pick to the Niners. Not only did they break the cardinal rule of trading to an inter division team, they were flat out guilty of losing track of who was still available at 31!!!!

What I think happened is that they took a look at their own draft board to see who was in the 31-35 range. Thing is they are so loaded at LB, Rueben Foster was probably low on their draft board. Also they probably thought we were trading up to grab Kizer. Appears they didn't run any "what if" scenarios in their war room. I can guarantee you when we selected Foster they uttered "oh crap."

So thank you Seattle! Without you, there is no Rueben Foster on the San Francisco Forty Niners. As we all know the Saints were already on the phone with him announcing they were going to take him with the next pick.

I live in Seattle and only one of the local sports DJs brought this up and man was he livid!!!!!!!!! He was basically saying, "we just allowed the Niners to draft a Top 5 talent and now we have to play against him twice a year for the next 10 years. Guarantee Russell Wilson is thinking "thanks guys."

Maybe I'm getting a melo dramatic, but I think Foster is going to be the new face for this team. Not only are we struggling for an identity, we REALLY need help at ILB. Throw in the fact that I bet his jersey will be #1 in sales (just watch), he'll put people in our stadium and fans will tune into him to see watch him play all across the nation.

Lastly, I do think he'll straighten himself out. Bet Lynch takes Rueben under his wing and keeps him on the straight and narrow. Football is too important to Rueben to mess it up.

I don't think Seattle sees the Niners as much of a threat (and they're right).

This move could come back & bite Seattle, but I think the Niners would've been better off just staying put & drafting Cam Robinson.
Seattle got two good safeties that could develop with the third and fourth they picked up from ATL and Sf, and they still walked away with Malik McDowell. You guy realize how dangerous it is for us that Seattle has McDowell on their team?? That's the perfect landing spot for him, and they could end up developing him into a total monster.

As soon as Reuben gets his permanent jersey number Im getting it. I'm so pumped.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

This move could come back & bite Seattle, but I think the Niners would've been better off just staying put & drafting Cam Robinson.

We may not be a threat to them this year, but I bet by 2019 we will be.
Yeah, I think the Seahawks made a big mistake as well. They've been making some curious draft decisions for years now. People have been hesitant to question them because they've been so successful, but nearly all that success can be attributed to their 2010-2012 draft classes. Since then they've been flat out bad in the draft. Most of their strange choices have indeed turned out to be bad picks.

The one guy I was hoping they would draft is Malik McDowell, and they did lol. He's got a ton of talent, but I picked him as the guy most likely to bust. Can't believe they passed on Forrest Lamp.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Seattle got two good safeties that could develop with the third and fourth they picked up from ATL and Sf, and they still walked away with Malik McDowell. You guy realize how dangerous it is for us that Seattle has McDowell on their team?? That's the perfect landing spot for him, and they could end up developing him into a total monster.

The list of defensive linemen that the Seahawks have developed into studs is a very short one.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Foster or Robinson? I'll take Foster every day and twice on Sunday. Robinson was an underachiever on the field which is why he slipped.
I don't think they care much for the draft in general
Share 49ersWebzone