Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 530 users in the forums

Marcus Williams FS Utah

Browse 49ers books and videos
Watched this film a few days ago, and I agree he could be really good. He does seem slow in coverage sometimes though, however he makes up for it by some nasty hits
What impresses me about him in comparison to hooker is his tackling and rub stop abilities
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Watched this film a few days ago, and I agree he could be really good. He does seem slow in coverage sometimes though, however he makes up for it by some nasty hits
What impresses me about him in comparison to hooker is his tackling and rub stop abilities

yeah he's not Hooker but I think he could be a very good FS in this league. I would agree I think his tackling is much better than Hooker.
My #3 FS, but only gave him a 3rd/4th round grade.

I think after Hooker/Baker there is a big drop off this year in FS.
SunDevil, what do you think about Tedric Thompson at FS? Seems like he has the coverage and range skills to do it.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
SunDevil, what do you think about Tedric Thompson at FS? Seems like he has the coverage and range skills to do it.

Haven't had the time to get a grade on him yet. That Colorado secondary was pretty impressive this year, and just looking at stats he obviously has some ball skills. I'll try to circle back to him, right now I'm trying to get some OL and DL guys finished
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
SunDevil, what do you think about Tedric Thompson at FS? Seems like he has the coverage and range skills to do it.

Haven't had the time to get a grade on him yet. That Colorado secondary was pretty impressive this year, and just looking at stats he obviously has some ball skills. I'll try to circle back to him, right now I'm trying to get some OL and DL guys finished
Sweet, update his thread when/if you get to grading him, interested to see your take
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My #3 FS, but only gave him a 3rd/4th round grade.

I think after Hooker/Baker there is a big drop off this year in FS.

Yeah I agree...I'm really a big fan of Baker.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Watched this film a few days ago, and I agree he could be really good. He does seem slow in coverage sometimes though, however he makes up for it by some nasty hits
What impresses me about him in comparison to hooker is his tackling and rub stop abilities

Agreed nice find. He would fit in this defense nicely
Man the more I watch from this kid the more I like...ball hawk FS with range
He looks like a good prospect but if we do not draft Hooker I doubt we draft a FS at all this year.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
He looks like a good prospect but if we do not draft Hooker I doubt we draft a FS at all this year.

Why is that?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man the more I watch from this kid the more I like...ball hawk FS with range

Who y'all like better, baker or this guy.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM ]
athletic freak
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
athletic freak

Agreed
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone