LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 137 users in the forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR - USC

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
6'2" for a speedy WR like him. Smooth footwork and can cut on a dime. Suffers from poor QB play and probably gets a bad rap from previous USC WRs. Decent hands. High motor, does well finding blocking assignments not the strongest WR in the world but understands blocking angles.

Day 2 prospect

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/juju-smith-schuster/
Originally posted by TheNef77:
6'2" for a speedy WR like him. Smooth footwork and can cut on a dime. Suffers from poor QB play and probably gets a bad rap from previous USC WRs. Decent hands. High motor, does well finding blocking assignments not the strongest WR in the world but understands blocking angles.

Day 2 prospect

Bad QB play?I thought Sam Darnold was looking pretty good?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Southpaw79:

Day 2 prospect

Bad QB play?I thought Sam Darnold was looking pretty good?

Against U of A, misses a lot of throws to him including the one that put Juju out of the game.
I wouldn't really call him speedy. His speed is a big question mark at the next level. I do love his YAC ability though. He has a mean stiffarm.

I would love to grab him in the 2nd with Mitch in the first
I know it's not fair to him but I just can't put any stock into WRs coming out of SC anymore. They haven't planned out at the next level it seems the past decade.
Terrified of USC prospects.

Chilo rachal

Ronald Johnson

Marcus Martin

No more
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I know it's not fair to him but I just can't put any stock into WRs coming out of SC anymore. They haven't planned out at the next level it seems the past decade.

Marquise Lee is playing better and Robert Woods is productive when healthy. I think Schuster is a very different type of WR compared to the last few years of USC receivers.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Terrified of USC prospects.

Chilo rachal

Ronald Johnson

Marcus Martin

No more

Leonard Williams

Josh Shaw

TJ McDonald

Matt Kalil

Tyron Smith

Nick Perry....

You just have to pick the right guys and develop them well, two things we kind of suck at right now
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Marquise Lee is playing better and Robert Woods is productive when healthy. I think Schuster is a very different type of WR compared to the last few years of USC receivers.

I hope your right. I really do. But I don't like my chanc
Let's not forget Mike Willams,Dwayne Jarrett, Damien Williams and Nelson Agholor

It there was ever a factory that constructed NFL busts Receivers it would be USC lol.

I'll pass

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Let's not forget Mike Willams,Dwayne Jarrett, Damien Williams and Nelson Agholor

It there was ever a factory that constructed NFL busts Receivers it would be USC lol.

I'll pass

Ronald Johnson looked amazing until his injury too. I agree with this above but the film doesn't lie, Juju can produce if given the chance. I didn't like Agholor on film to begin with also.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

I'll pass

Ronald Johnson looked amazing until his injury too. I agree with this above but the film doesn't lie, Juju can produce if given the chance. I didn't like Agholor on film to begin with also.

I was at this game and Ronald Johnson lost the game for USC:
Darnold was actually one of the top QBs in the country towards the end of the season.

But this guy reminds me of Treadwell and Strong. 6'2 receivers with average (possibly below average) speed, big bodies, and good hands. These guys are usually able to out-man college CBs but NFL CBs are way stronger and they are never able to get any seperation
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Dec 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM ]
Darnolds the 2nd best QB in the LA area. Josh Rosen 1 Darnold 2 Goff 3
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Darnold was actually one of the top QBs in the country towards the end of the season.

But this guy reminds me of Treadwell and Strong. 6'2 receivers with average (possibly below average) speed, big bodies, and good hands. These guys are usually able to out-man college CBs but NFL CBs are way stronger and they are never able to get any seperation

idk man. Darnold gets a pass because he's a freshman but he's mainly hitting hitches and screens on the 3 tapes that I saw. The OC is really safe with him and rightfully so since he's so young. I really liked what he was becoming in the UW game but this is still a developmental year for him.

Juju is quicker and runs better routes than Treadwell and Strong. Both were mainly jumpball guys. I think Juju weaker than both of them too but gets separation due to his agility. Juju doesn't need many steps to stop and change directions.
Share 49ersWebzone