There are 243 users in the forums

Really Mel Kiper..?

Its Mason Rudolph indeed

Oklahoma State QB.

Sorry for the mistake

So why is the most prepared?
He does not turn the ball over which means that he make good decisions constantly.

He is one of the top 3 QBs with more 20+ yards pass attempts(actually 20+ yards through air attempts) and the second best with pct% in this category(52,2%).

Its quite amazing a guy try this ammount of deep passes and be intercepted so few(only 4 times)

Mason Rudolph has everthing: mind, arm, measures to succeed.

Like some scouts said " He is an hidden gem"
[ Edited by Judge82Dredd on Dec 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So I'm watching ESPN and Mel Kiper is giving his opinion on the top QBs and he had Trubisky rated highest but a mid 1st round pick, mentioned Mahomes as a possible 1st round pick, then Mentioned Falk as a 2nd rounder, then Watson as a 2nd 3rd rounder and Kizer as talented but not ready, then went on to say if Trubisky stays in school there might not be a QB drafted in round 1..is he crazy or is that a possibility and am I wrong and overhyping Watson or Mahomes ? I think Kiper is the worst draft analyst, I think Mayock is best..

meh, I hate Kiper at times but I agree with him on some level. I have Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes as mid first round talent.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
So I'm watching ESPN and Mel Kiper is giving his opinion on the top QBs and he had Trubisky rated highest but a mid 1st round pick, mentioned Mahomes as a possible 1st round pick, then Mentioned Falk as a 2nd rounder, then Watson as a 2nd 3rd rounder and Kizer as talented but not ready, then went on to say if Trubisky stays in school there might not be a QB drafted in round 1..is he crazy or is that a possibility and am I wrong and overhyping Watson or Mahomes ? I think Kiper is the worst draft analyst, I think Mayock is best..

meh, I hate Kiper at times but I agree with him on some level. I have Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes as mid first round talent.

It's going to be most interesting where Mahomes ends up if he declares..
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Jim Miller said about the same thing months ago. I believe his exact words were "This QB class is brutal."
He's probably talking about where they should be selected based off of their talent, not where they'll be selected if they decide to declare for the draft.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Go look back at what he said about Goff and Wentz this time last yr....Unless it's a no brainer prospect than say Winston or Luck they will say things like this.

The issue is there are better prospects at other positions then Watson/Trubisky...BUT they play such a highly coveted position that they will be pushed to the top.

Kiper was the first I remember to cite Wentz as a 1st rounder back in April of 2015.
But man, i hope we can draft falk in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But man, i hope we can draft falk in the 2nd round.

I was thinking in a my dream world it would be Garrett in the 1st and Watson in the 2nd..
Not a fan of kiper but he nailed it. I would go even further on Watson and say he's worth signing as an UDFA at best. Classic example of a college qb who's game has no chance of translating to the NFL.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Go look back at what he said about Goff and Wentz this time last yr....Unless it's a no brainer prospect than say Winston or Luck they will say things like this.

The issue is there are better prospects at other positions then Watson/Trubisky...BUT they play such a highly coveted position that they will be pushed to the top.

Kiper was the first I remember to cite Wentz as a 1st rounder back in April of 2015.

He also says things like this:

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that Raider nation. That fanbase, that football team, on the practice field, in that locker room."

"Three years from now you could be looking at a guy who's one of the elite, top five quarterbacks in this league."

"The skill level he has is John Elway like." - Mel Kiper on JaMarcus Russell.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 8, 2016 at 10:01 AM ]

Wait until Watson balls out in the college football playoff. He'll be the first QB off the board imo.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Not a fan of kiper but he nailed it. I would go even further on Watson and say he's worth signing as an UDFA at best. Classic example of a college qb who's game has no chance of translating to the NFL.

My opinion That's crazy..
Originally posted by mv49erfan:
Wait until Watson balls out in the college football playoff. He'll be the first QB off the board imo.

I can see that happening, Watson and Mahomes are my fav QBs in this draft..
My opinion That's crazy..

Would you say Watson is a better prospect then rg3 was coming out?

Skinny, reckless college qbs aren't draftable.
Kiper has gone full senile, IMO Trubisky, Watson, Kaaya, Kizer, and Barrett are all 1st rd talents, not saying they all go in rd 1.

Trubisky is raw, only a 1yr starter at UNC

Watson has the experience out of the 5

Kaaya is inconsistent, plus I don't think he fits Chip's offense.

Kizer is is very raw, I think he's only started 1 full season

Barrett has experience, but also seems raw, which I know is contradicting myself, but I'd like to see him get more experience.

Personally I would wait till rd 2, and pick someone like Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, or Patrick Mahomes.

I'd stay away from CJ Beathard, too slow, and Chad Kelly, torn ACL, and has off the field issues, plus he's been kicked off every football team that he was on before he went to Ole Miss.

Edit: And I wouldn't take any of these QBs at the top of the draft. My pick is Myles Garrett. I also wouldn't mind getting Takkarist McKinley or Mike Williams(He's come back strong from his neck injury last year). Look out for Houston OLB Steven Taylor, kid is a pass rush beast, and a sack machine, I have him as a 1st rd talent.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Dec 8, 2016 at 10:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone