There are 287 users in the forums

Really Mel Kiper..?

So I'm watching ESPN and Mel Kiper is giving his opinion on the top QBs and he had Trubisky rated highest but a mid 1st round pick, mentioned Mahomes as a possible 1st round pick, then Mentioned Falk as a 2nd rounder, then Watson as a 2nd 3rd rounder and Kizer as talented but not ready, then went on to say if Trubisky stays in school there might not be a QB drafted in round 1..is he crazy or is that a possibility and am I wrong and overhyping Watson or Mahomes ? I think Kiper is the worst draft analyst, I think Mayock is best..
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So I'm watching ESPN and Mel Kiper is giving his opinion on the top QBs and he had Trubisky rated highest but a mid 1st round pick, mentioned Mahomes as a possible 1st round pick, then Mentioned Falk as a 2nd rounder, then Watson as a 2nd 3rd rounder and Kizer as talented but not ready, then went on to say if Trubisky stays in school there might not be a QB drafted in round 1..is he crazy or is that a possibility and am I wrong and overhyping Watson or Mahomes ? I think Kiper is the worst draft analyst, I think Mayock is best..

I think Kiper is full of sh*t. There is no way in hell Watson is a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. That is just taking the p*ss. He is absolutely ridiculous.
Mel Kiper says something stupid.

What next man lands on moon?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Well this does seem like a down year for QBs. I wouldn't take one at #2 at this point.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Well this does seem like a down year for QBs. I wouldn't take one at #2 at this point.

That's the thing, it's I guess scary taking a QB that high and teams desperate for a QB reach..I really hope Garrett is there at 2 so this whole convo means nothing..

Seems like every year this is said.

It remains to be seen which ones actually declare but there could be a handful of solid starters out of this class.

Trubisky, Watson and Kizer have elite level potential. Question is whether they can reach that.

Falk is very steady but his potential isn't up there with those guys.

Mahomes potential is also pretty special but he's a bigger gamble.

Could be a few other surprises. Chad Kelly if he heals and stops being a douche. Rudolph. Even Kaaya could be a decent level starter if drafted later on(never bought the first round hype)
None of the QBs stand out to be a 1st overall.

I like Kyle Rudolph(to me the mos prepared to NFL) and Mahomes.

Watson and Trubinsky both have some red flags:
Watson makes to much bad decisions and is not very good seing the field.
Trubinsky only does have one year as a starter so is kind of a gamble

Regarding Kaaya he is very inconsistent.

I don't understand what people see in Kizer.Athletic ability?We already gone through that road and we end up with nothing.

Go look back at what he said about Goff and Wentz this time last yr....Unless it's a no brainer prospect than say Winston or Luck they will say things like this.

The issue is there are better prospects at other positions then Watson/Trubisky...BUT they play such a highly coveted position that they will be pushed to the top.
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:

I don't understand what people see in Kizer.Athletic ability?We already gone through that road and we end up with nothing.

you mean Mason How is he the most prepared?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Go look back at what he said about Goff and Wentz this time last yr....Unless it's a no brainer prospect than say Winston or Luck they will say things like this.

The issue is there are better prospects at other positions then Watson/Trubisky...BUT they play such a highly coveted position that they will be pushed to the top.

Exactly, which is why there hitting on a QB feels like you hit the lottery..drafting a QB as a GM must be the scariest thing ever..it basically can make or break you..

Originally posted by NYniner85:

you mean Mason How is he the most prepared?

Yeah I'd like to hear how he's most ready..and I'm not being ignorant or arguing I don't kno much about Rudolph so hopefully your answer will give me an idea of his strengths..

Considering he's been playing in the NFL now for 6 seasons that's a safe bet.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Nah this is a solid QB class. Just no obvious stand outs like 2015. Great pocket passer in MT. IMO DW plays just like a taller Russell Wilson. Mahomes is that wild card that will succeed if put in a good situation like Dak. Kizer has all the raw ability to be developed into a top tier QB.

Way stronger than last years class. I honestly don't think any QB could save our team. Our front office is such a mess. Chip has the right system but crybaby Baalke still micro manages the roster. sigh another problem for another thread.
Exactly, which is why there hitting on a QB feels like you hit the lottery..drafting a QB as a GM must be the scariest thing ever..it basically can make or break you..

Yeah just need the right mind in there to make those calls we clearly don't have that...not sure how in 6 yrs you draft 1 qb in the first 6 rds and don't expect us to be in this situation...it's unbelievable that they didn't have any promising qb to develop during his time here.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Nah this is a solid QB class. Just no obvious stand outs like 2015. Great pocket passer in MT. IMO DW plays just like a taller Russell Wilson. Mahomes is that wild card that will succeed if put in a good situation like Dak. Kizer has all the raw ability to be developed into a top tier QB.

Way stronger than last years class. I honestly don't think any QB could save our team. Our front office is such a mess. Chip has the right system but crybaby Baalke still micro manages the roster. sigh another problem for another thread.

This...there's no luck or Winston but there are some solid qbs.
Share 49ersWebzone