LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Just another trade idea : Trade with the Browns

Originally posted by lamontb:
Here folks go again with this trading down s**t then wonder we have a roster full of back ups and no real impact players.

No way in the world do they trade down if Myles is sitting there...I'm fine with a trade down a couple spots then take those extra picks to move up for impact players
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM ]
My thing is always keep your top 10 pick and trade back into the 1st or 2nd round, if you did your homework you come out with 3 impact players
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No way in the world do the trade down if Myles is sitting there...I'm fine with a trade down a couple spots then take those extra picks to move up for impact players

This. If Garrett is there, it should be a no-brainer type situation, just write his name down and run the card up there.
I don't buy that there aren't a couple of hot QB prospects in this draft. Last year everyone loved Goff. Then the combine and pro day put Wentz right up there. Believe me, if Garrett goes number one we will be in a strong position to trade out for a bounty of picks to a team that wants the best QB in this draft. It happens practically every year now.
Trade Jed, John, Denise, Trent and Chip plus 1st and 2d round picks for an owner who is a football guy that wants to win.
Well let's say Clv wants to walk out with Garrett and a franchise qb. They know Garrett isn't hanging around past 2 so you take him at 1 and qb comes at 9.

Since there is no highly graded qb that's a risk I'd take if I was Clv. Worse case scenario is you walk out with Watson at 9. Or you can swing those 2 2nd rounders for Jimmy G.

Clv could have a monster day but since they're Clv they're going to draft Tim Couch 2.0.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM ]
Originally posted by rapid4:
Trade Jed, John, Denise, Trent and Chip plus 1st and 2d round picks for an owner who is a football guy that wants to win.

😂😂😂😂😂
Originally posted by Alfienator:
If Garrett is gone in the 1st. I'm on board for trading down just as long as we can get Reuben Foster. He is an impact player.

This. 👍
Originally posted by Furlow:
If Trubisky does not enter the draft, I wouldn't mind trading down. Not sure the Browns would be a likely partner, as they'd have to fork over a lot of salary for the first two picks of the draft. But I like idea of trading down.

If Trubisky isn't in the draft who are teams moving up to #2 for? That's the issue teams don't move up and give up a ton of draft capital for players that aren't QBs.

That's not entirely true. Since 2011-2015 there have been 14 Trades within the top 10 picks Only 2 were for QBs Bortles and RG3.
Didn't you just post this Exact same post yesterday? Why post it A second time with a new thread name?

massive difference between trading into the top 10 and trading into the top 3, where we'll be picking.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Here folks go again with this trading down s**t then wonder we have a roster full of back ups and no real impact players.

No way in the world do they trade down if Myles is sitting there...I'm fine with a trade down a couple spots then take those extra picks to move up for impact players

Agree

Strange things have happened before.

The Raiders passing on Crabtree and taking that other receiver - I think it was Bey?

If our new GM has Garrett there at #2 and trades down, I'll be very ill.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by Furlow:
If Trubisky does not enter the draft, I wouldn't mind trading down. Not sure the Browns would be a likely partner, as they'd have to fork over a lot of salary for the first two picks of the draft. But I like idea of trading down.

If Trubisky isn't in the draft who are teams moving up to #2 for? That's the issue teams don't move up and give up a ton of draft capital for players that aren't QBs.
Even if Mitch enters Watson is gonna be the first qb taken. Watch the hype train develop. Especially if he balls out against OSU

they can hype them all up... this qb class is very weak
Originally posted by Rascal:
That's crazeeeee. LOL.

Dude, ever heard of the phrase "quality not quantity"? You are beginning to sound like Baalke in stock-piling picks.

No way, Jose!!

Trent sure proved the "stockpiling picks" isn't as good as getting an impact player or 2.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
If Garrett is gone in the 1st. I'm on board for trading down just as long as we can get Reuben Foster. He is an impact player.

This. 👍

I agree problem is #2 doesnt hold too much value this year.
Share 49ersWebzone