There are 191 users in the forums

Jonathon Allen, DL, Alabama

May not be interested since we are already set on the sides, but I feel like one of the best college football players should have his own thread. Top 5?
I was big on this guy last year. He's an absolute monster and does everything at a high level. He's gotten bigger every year yet hasn't lost his athleticism. I really like his play style
I could see trading down a few spots in the first round and getting him between 4 and 7. The only concern is that Alabama is loaded, especially on defense, put him on a below average pro-D and he could be good not great.
Sounds like a HOF name draft him!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I could see trading down a few spots in the first round and getting him between 4 and 7. The only concern is that Alabama is loaded, especially on defense, put him on a below average pro-D and he could be good not great.

He's not gonna be there at 4-7
I would have zero problem taking him if Myles was gone and we could work a deal to get Jimmy G.

I think fans might be a little upset but this kid is a wrecking ball kinda reminds me of Fletcher Cox or a faster suh

End of the day he might be the best player in the draft and plays at a spot of need...Buckner Allen AA would be solid
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 11, 2016 at 8:55 AM ]
Ability, work ethic, attitude... This dude has it all (or at least appears to).
I would think he is in consideration right now
this guy here is a bad, bad man. the casual 49er fans would be upset with "another DL", but who gives a s**t. explosive, powerful and ridiculously violent hands. the guy is technician in the trenches.
Allen is a very very good player.

He is my backup pick behind Garrett. He is a disruptive force although a bit incongruent picking yet another DL guy.

Still have to figure out how to get Luke Falk somehow and some WR talent.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
He is my backup pick behind Garrett. He is a disruptive force although a bit incongruent picking yet another DL guy.

Still have to figure out how to get Luke Falk somehow and some WR talent.

Allen in the first and trade for Jimmy G in the 2nd I can live with that.
Originally posted by saniner:
I was big on this guy last year. He's an absolute monster and does everything at a high level. He's gotten bigger every year yet hasn't lost his athleticism. I really like his play style

This. A complete disrupter on that DL. Flat out monster
We can't possibly go DL 3 years in a row right?
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
We can't possibly go DL 3 years in a row right?

allen would be worth it but we would have to switch to a 4-3

AA buckner and allen on the DL would be almost impossible to stop

he is going in top 5 for sure my guess is he goes top 3

as the draft approaches he will be compared to aaron donald
Share 49ersWebzone