LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Brad Kaaya - QB Miami

I'm torn on Kaaya. He definitely has a good arm and does some good things as far as a pocket passer but there are some times I see some awful throws from him which if done in the NFL are potential game losing plays. If he can clean those up and prove that he's got the mental part of the game down(toughest thing to figure out in these evaluations especially for us fans who have no inside word on the kid) then he's definitely a top 5 talent.

Upside with him is definitely that he should be able to grasp an NFL offense easier but downside is he's not a threat to really run with the ball but neither were Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and they've done alright for themselves.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's not a top 5 pick IMO

People have him all over the place but I can definitely see going that high, especially if he continues playing at a high level. Having Mark Richt coaching him is like a blessing from on high.

The athleticism is lacking but as Miller mentioned, the mental side of his game is strong, processing quickly, moving through progressions, getting rid of the ball in a hurry.....etc.

Athleticism is nice but what does it mean? Peyton Manning meets nobodies definition of athletic QB yet excelled. Neither is Tom Brady. Nor was Montana for that matter.

What would seem most beneficial to me would be the ability to read the field including progressions, the ability to make all the throws, and the ability to sense pressure AND make adjustments in the pocket.

I'll be honest I don't wouldn't know how to assess a QB's NFL worthiness, but from the limited tapes I've seen Kaya looks very smooth and relaxed in the pocket. He even showed he knows how to control the football velocity well. For SF, that'd be a nice change.

Is he a top 5 pick? I have no idea.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 6, 2016 at 12:22 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
No idea who he is, but i'd take him just so I can say,

ON FAYA LIKE KAAYA!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

ON FAYA LIKE KAAYA!

Or Bye Felicia...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

ON FAYA LIKE KAAYA!

This is his mom.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667752-insider-buzz-nfl-teams-have-higher-grade-on-brad-kaaya-than-deshaun-watson

Deshaun Watson opened the college football season as the clear-cut No. 1 quarterback on most big boards, but now multiple NFL scouts tell me they see Watson as the No. 3 passer behind Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer and Miami's Brad Kaaya.
I'm not very familiar with Kaaya so for the fans who know Kaaya and follow him closely What are the best things about his game..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm not very familiar with Kaaya so for the fans who know Kaaya and follow him closely What are the best things about his game..?

Protypical pocket passer. So much of a pocket passer that he will not run. Like ever. It annoys the hell out of me (UM fan here).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Protypical pocket passer. So much of a pocket passer that he will not run. Like ever. It annoys the hell out of me (UM fan here).

Amen to that.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm torn on Kaaya. He definitely has a good arm and does some good things as far as a pocket passer but there are some times I see some awful throws from him which if done in the NFL are potential game losing plays. If he can clean those up and prove that he's got the mental part of the game down(toughest thing to figure out in these evaluations especially for us fans who have no inside word on the kid) then he's definitely a top 5 talent.

Upside with him is definitely that he should be able to grasp an NFL offense easier but downside is he's not a threat to really run with the ball but neither were Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and they've done alright for themselves.

Who cares if he's not athletic. People have become too enamored with the "dual threat QB."

My favorite QB in the draft. This is a good year to need a QB. And well most likely have a top pick so we can pick one of the top 3 qbs.
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667752-insider-buzz-nfl-teams-have-higher-grade-on-brad-kaaya-than-deshaun-watson

Deshaun Watson opened the college football season as the clear-cut No. 1 quarterback on most big boards, but now multiple NFL scouts tell me they see Watson as the No. 3 passer behind Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer and Miami's Brad Kaaya.

I told you Watson was overrated. I hope we either select Kaaya or Kizer.
One promising sign is that his accuracy has consistently gone up a each year.

58.5% as a freshman, 8.5 ypa

61.5% as a sophomore, 8.3 ypa

64.6% as a junior, 9.0 ypa
Originally posted by Stanley:
Who cares if he's not athletic. People have become too enamored with the "dual threat QB."

It matters when you coach runs the read option. I like him but I don't see him as a fit at all. Throws costly INTs in the red zone
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

I told you Watson was overrated. I hope we either select Kaaya or Kizer.

Lol yeah bleacher reports is always on point.
Share 49ersWebzone