There are 210 users in the forums

Brad Kaaya - QB Miami

It's really early but Brad Kaaya keeps getting mocked to us for next year's draft.

Any thoughts? pros/cons?

From the "overrated" thread:

Just doesn't look like an NFL-level franchise QB IMO. There's nothing about his game, really, that stands out. He doesn't have an amazing arm; he doesn't get rid of the ball all that quickly; he's not physically imposing; he's a little jumpy in the pocket & doesn't always keep his eyes downfield... He's just kind of "meh" as a prospect. I liked Lynch better in this last draft, and I didn't like Lynch very much either.
it deoends what you want in a qb

kaaya is very smart and is pro ready
problem is not very athlethic and needs to work on ball placement but thats due to some minor mechanical issues
Not a very strong QB class this year compared to this last one imo.
Originally posted by gametime49er:
Not a very strong QB class this year compared to this last one imo.

Unfortunately, I agree with that. There are a couple of interesting prospects like the dude from Ok. State & the dude from Ole Miss, but they're not finished prospects, and they're probably not as talented as Christian Hackenberg.
Kayaa would be a terrible fit for Kelly's offense. He's already got poor mobility for a college QB. He's going to need a pretty dominant pass blocking line in front of him.
Kayak
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WEAKNESS
Making some NFL caliber throws today
Matt Miller has the 49ers taking Kaaya in his latest mock draft, ahead of Deshaun Watson.

The Pick: QB Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)

The San Francisco 49ers cannot go another year with Blaine Gabbert at quarterback. In fact, the front office would probably trade Gabbert for any of the top three quarterbacks in this class right now. Whether it's current general manager Trent Baalke who makes the pick this April or a new GM, a decision has to be made at quarterback to improve the position long-term.

If you liked Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff—and boy, did I—then you'll like Brad Kaaya a lot. A tall, lean, smart quarterback with a ton of poise, Kaaya hasn't been on great Miami teams, but he's balled and won games while showing accuracy, smarts and instincts few college passers have. Now that he's working with Mark Richt, many of the old habits (back-foot throws were a big one) are gone.

Kaaya's tape may not wow like DeShone Kizer or Deshaun Watson from an athletic standpoint, but he will win NFL scouts over in the interview room. He's a top-level processor and has the quick decision-making skills to be an ideal fit in Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense, where you're ripping off plays every 60 seconds and need a quarterback who can win the game mentally.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Matt Miller has the 49ers taking Kaaya in his latest mock draft, ahead of Deshaun Watson.

The Pick: QB Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)

The San Francisco 49ers cannot go another year with Blaine Gabbert at quarterback. In fact, the front office would probably trade Gabbert for any of the top three quarterbacks in this class right now. Whether it's current general manager Trent Baalke who makes the pick this April or a new GM, a decision has to be made at quarterback to improve the position long-term.

If you liked Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff—and boy, did I—then you'll like Brad Kaaya a lot. A tall, lean, smart quarterback with a ton of poise, Kaaya hasn't been on great Miami teams, but he's balled and won games while showing accuracy, smarts and instincts few college passers have. Now that he's working with Mark Richt, many of the old habits (back-foot throws were a big one) are gone.

Kaaya's tape may not wow like DeShone Kizer or Deshaun Watson from an athletic standpoint, but he will win NFL scouts over in the interview room. He's a top-level processor and has the quick decision-making skills to be an ideal fit in Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense, where you're ripping off plays every 60 seconds and need a quarterback who can win the game mentally.

Like him not a top 3 pick though
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like him not a top 3 pick though

That's good, Miller has the 49ers picking him at #4.
I like the way he throws the ball. draft him in the 2nd
Originally posted by valrod33:

You got jokes huh?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:

You got jokes huh?

im gonna make sure he gets a DUI prior to the draft
Share 49ersWebzone