LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

Geek's Post-Rams Final Mock

• GEEK
  • Veteran
With our luck, we ain't getting any of the top 6 prospects. And here we go...

NFL Draft - Wentz, Goff, Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Buckner are picked ahead of the 49ers.

R1 - Joey Bosa - DE/OLB/DT - Ohio St | A blue chip prospect that can play a variety of roles. I don't make bold predictions, but I think Bosa could be our next Justin Smith. I see him lining up at DE in the 3-4 or 4-2-5 scheme as well as play DE and DT in a 4-3 scheme.

R2 - Michael Thomas - WR - Ohio St | Yes, another Buckeye. Thomas has the prototypical height and physical skills to replace Boldin at the position. A trio of Smith, Thomas, and Smelter/Patton will be dangerous on the field in Kelly's offense.

R3 - Connor McGovern - RT/RG - Missouri | Freakishly strong at the point of attack with good movement skills - an interesting RT or RG prospect in our zone scheme. I think he battles Brown for the starting RT spot.

49ers trade 5th round pick and Colin Kaepernick for Broncos 3rd round pick and conditional late 2017 pick.

R3 - Josh Ferguson - RB - Illinois (via DEN) | Speedy running back that provides a much needed spark to the 49ers offense. Dangerous weapon in the passing game - give him space, and he'll burn yah for a large pickup.

R4 - Sean Davis - CB/S - Maryland | A poor man's Chris Culliver, Davis has the physical traits to be a good corner, but lacks the proper technique to be an instant starter. I see him competing as a #3 or #4 but contributing on ST.

R4 - Cody Kessler - QB - USC (comp) | Out of all of the third tier QBs in this draft, Kessler is the most pro ready. Smart, accurate, safe. Competes for the backup spot.

R5 - Alex McCalister - DE/LB - Florida (via DAL) | Monster potential but off-field issues push him here. Long arms. Baalke pick hoping for Aaron Lynch 2.0.

R5 - D.J. Reader - NT - Clemson (comp) | Classic 2 gap NT that will replace Dorsey and TJE on the roster. Provides insurance behind Williams.

49ers trade 6th round pick (via SD) for 2017 5th round pick.

R6 - Reggie Northrup - ILB - Florida St | Competes with Skov and Wilhoite for a backup spot on the roster. Most likely a PS candidate.

R6 - Clayton Fejedelem - S/LB - Illinois (comp) | Projected as a box safety, but I see him as a potential ILB in our system. Needs to bulk up, but can provide some ST contributions in his rookie year.

R6 - Tyler Johnstone - OT - Oregon (comp) | Potential backup to Staley, but competes for a roster spot across OT and OG positions.

Depth Chart -

QB: Gabbert/Kessler*/Lewis
RB: Hyde/Davis/Ferguson*/Miller
TE: McDonald/Celek/Bell

WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Thomas*/Rogers*
WR: Patton/Smelter*

LT: Staley
LG: Beadles*/Siberman
C: Kilgore/Martin
RG: Thomas/Tiller
RT: McGovern*/Brown

LE: Bosa*/Dial
NT: Williams/Reader*
RE: Armstead/Purcell

OLB: Lynch/Carradine/Lemonier
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Skov
OLB: Harold/McCalister*

CB: Brock/Acker/Reaser
CB: Johnson/Davis*
FS: Reid/McCray
SS: Ward/Tartt/Fejedelem*

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

Brooks and Bethea are released post-June 1st.
That QB depth chart is so incredibly depressing. But I totally wouldnt be shocked if thst is how things worked out.
Love it all especially bosa...this time last yr he was a no brainer #1 then got doubled and even tripled this past season.

pass on Kessler what no part of him...give me dak and no to RB that early. Give me a COP back in the late 4th or 5th.
That trade with Kap is terrible.
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:

Its about the best the 49ers will do for a guy that they are looking to dump.
Love the first pick. Wish you had found a way to get Dak Prescott in there in the 3rd round.
I like it..good job..only thing I think OG is more important then WR at this time..go Garnett and Caroo..love the Sean Davis pick too..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:

Its about the best the 49ers will do for a guy that they are looking to dump.

Waiting to see your mock..would like to see your point of view on prospects and who your have a crush on..is it coming soon ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Waiting to see your mock..would like to see your point of view on prospects and who your have a crush on..is it coming soon ?

Ive put one together and deleted it like three different times but ill have something in a few days.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Ive put one together and deleted it like three different times but ill have something in a few days.

Sounds good..

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Bosa at 7. I'll take him over Ronnie Stanley aka kwame Harris 2.0.
Cody Kessler will be available much later.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Bosa at 7. I'll take him over Ronnie Stanley aka kwame Harris 2.0.

Idk about Stanley being that bad...lol
Originally posted by Heroism:

I want bosa or Buckner more than Jack but looks like we may get one of the three for sure. The need for Stanley isn't as great so I hope we get a defender plus great guards or a center in round 2
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
That QB depth chart is so incredibly depressing. But I totally wouldnt be shocked if thst is how things worked out.

Yeah I think it's a sad reality. I mean maybe Dak or Jacoby but that's not a huge upgrade.

We just need to give Gabbert some protection and weapons - and if he fails, we should be competing for a top 5 pick in 2017.
Share 49ersWebzone