Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 938 users in the forums

Rams trade for No. 1 pick in 2016 draft

Browse 49ers books and videos
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
Adam Schefter one of the best in the biz said this morning is that everything he is hearing is that the Browns WONT draft a QB at #2.

Rams - Wentz
Browns - Ramsey
Chargers - Tunsil
Cowboys - Buckner
Jaguars - Bosa
49ers - Goff
Ravens - Stanley
Eagles - Elliott

The 49ers flip up to ensure no one cockblocks them. Probably wishful thinking.

Should be exciting seeing how the draft unfolds.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I thought the Browns wanted Wentz as well?

Reportedly their scouts want Wentz and the coaches want Goff.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,941
Yeah that pretty much does us in at QB.
Somebody is on cocaine in the Rams front office.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,179
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I thought the Browns wanted Wentz as well?

Reportedly their scouts want Wentz and the coaches want Goff.

that's just so the media doesn't know who they really want lol

I heard their water boy wants Paxton
Are we locking up the SuckForGoff thread?
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I wonder if they want Goff or Wentz

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/14/rams-reportedly-targeting-carson-wentz-now-that-they-have-top-pick/
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,749
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You'd think they' be more cautious with a trade like this, since they fleeced the Redskins in 2012, but whatever. Shame on the Titans for not getting more out of them. Dropping out from 1 to 15, and only getting a future 1 and 3 with 2 2016 2s as picks that matter? Yuck. Rams actually got a pretty lucky deal.If Fisher was a good coach, they'd be pretty dangerous this year, with the running game and defense to support a young QB.


They traded the #1 pick for four of the first 76 picks plus a 1st and 3rd next year, that is a pretty good haul.

But they dropped down far enough to miss any elite prospects, possibly over both drafts. The distance they dropped should have gotten them more, imo. AT LEAST a 2 instead of a 3 next year, but likely picks into 2018, especially with Fisher in apparent #yolo mode.

Titans could potentially have 2 top 15 or even top 10 picks next year. Also have the fire power to move back into the top 10 if they want to this year or even back into the back end of the first, the possibilities are nearly endless for what they can do depending on how the board unfolds.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Are we locking up the SuckForGoff thread?

Nope. Still not a foregone conclusion that he'll be gone but starting to look that way.

Hopefully if thats the case, then Buckner is the pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I thought the Browns wanted Wentz as well?

Reportedly their scouts want Wentz and the coaches want Goff.

They have 2 weeks to talk themselves into liking whoever is left. QBs go 1-2. I'd be shocked if they don't. If Goff makes it down to 4, we gotta go get him. Damnit, now I'm getting to invested. I know better than this. f**k it, gonna do it anyway.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by paulk205:
Excellent news. The Rams deplete their picks. It also ensures that the two QBs go 1-2 and we're not tempted with either. I see this draft having 8 elite prospects including the QBs (neither of whom I personally rate as elite, but with the inflated importance of the position they are objectively important). With the QBs going 1-2 it leaves the two OLinemen (Tunsil, Stanley), the two DLinemen (Buckner, Bosa), Ramsey and Jack. All of them are major positions of need. Regardless of how the order goes after #2, at #7 we are guaranteed a choice of two of the above.

Looks like it, but don't be so sure. Cleveland could still shock and take Ramsey, especially if LA takes the guy Cleveland really wanted.

You may be right about Cleveland, but not about #2 . I mean, if the Browns don't fancy the remaining QB at #2 they can always trade down for another desperate team. Whoever picks in whichever order, I would be shocked if the QBs don't go 1-2 after the Rams' move.
This is too good to be true. Another Rams disaster I guess I guess I finally have something good to say about Trent bulky. He didn't do this. We just might not finish last in the west next season. Or the season after that. Or the season after that. Thank you Los Angeles
Sh!t
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,749
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Are we locking up the SuckForGoff thread?

Some dudes may end up on suicide watch so no. We need to be there for said brothers and sisters who may need our help in keeping their sanity.
I'm glad this happened, because it makes it less likely the 49ers will reach for one of these QBs. I'm hoping for Buckner/Jack.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone