There are 216 users in the forums

I'm bored scenario

Some Tennessee writer was talking about the Titans dangling Mariota in front of Kelly. He was saying that assuming the Titans love and think Goff or Wentz was the man, or equal to Mariota, it would make sense for them to trade Mariota to SF for a 2016 1st, 2016 2nd, 2017 1st.

So my question to you fans is this.....If it were offered, would you make that trade? You would still be able to trade Kaepernick to the Broncos for a 3rd, so you'd have 10 picks. Mariota and Chip probably gets an extra win or two this year, but long term, it's a great fit

Tennessee would be able to draft Stanley at 7, to protect their new QB, and have a total of 4 picks in the first 38 picks.

Makes some sense for both sides
Well at least you admitted to being bored.

Mariotta played pretty well on a crappy team. No franchise in their right mind would suddenly trade away a QB who has proven himself for an unknown no matter how much they liked him.

Plus no way Baalke would allow that chit.
If Mariota was in this draft he would be the first QB off the board.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Personally I'd have him #2 behind Goff but wtf do i know lol.

Yes he would.
And throw in David Putney, just because I feel like it.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
And throw in David Putney, just because I feel like it.

This
There is no way in hell i would take Mariota.... No thanks, i'd rather keep Gabbert
Would like marital on this team but 2 1st and 2nd is too much.

You must be bored. Chip the GM may be interested in this, but Baalke wouldn't. Not happening.
Baalke would laugh and hang up on the Titans if they proposed that idea.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Baalke would laugh and hang up on the Titans if they proposed that idea.

Would he hang up on them if they called and offered the first pick for the same price......cause that's what it would cost
Spreading this rumor would make a lot of sense if they're trying to drum up interest in the #1 pick. In reality, there's no one in this draft worth trading a king's ransom for. The Titans want to trade the pick, but they won't get anything close to what the draft pick value chart says because there is no one like Garrett or Watson in this draft class.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You must be bored. Chip the GM may be interested in this, but Baalke wouldn't. Not happening.

did you see what kelly was willing to give up for mariota its ridiculous

1st and 2nd rounder for 2015 and 2016 first rounder
any qb on roster
any defensive player on roster

i mean holy crap
[ Edited by harryj on Mar 29, 2016 at 5:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone