Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Kap stays a Niner, which I expect will happen (Baalke's not going to deny Kelly a chance to coach him up), taking Goff at #7 isn't the smart move. Landing Buckner is...getting him would allow Dial to move to NT (with Purcell his b/u). That would create an Armstead - Dial/Williams - Buckner front 3. It's the single biggest thing to fix an anemic pass rush and allowing teams like the Browns to run for over 200 yds against us. Adding pass rushers after landing Buckner is the best way to get consistent pressure on QB's.
Butler's a quality DL...if he can play both NT and DE, fine. After taking Buckner, though, not sure DL is the right position to draft 2nd. Here's where a pass rusher would be good...after Baalke's upgraded the DL. Talking Spence or Shilique Calhoun neighborhood.
I don't see Carroo as a 3rd rd pick...it's hard to predict how WR's will come off the board after the first few, but Peake, Boyd, Thomas, Lawler, Shepard, even Braxton Miller look to be considerably better playmakers with both size and speed than Carroo.
The rest of the picks seem ok.
Crazy thing is I have us trading Kap so the Goff pick does make sense

I don't see kap staying on this team based on all the wanting to be traded and the poor relationship between him, the FO, and lockeroom. If Goff is there they draft him.
I love Buckner I got no issue if he ends up in red in gold but I love the value of someone like butler or jones in the 2nd as well.
Carroo has done nothing but been a soild WR through out his career

PFF has him as one of the most underrated prospects in the draft. He's tough and doesn't shy away from contact, doesn't drop balls ever, runs good routes, can play inside and out, plus can block which is huge in chips offense. You should go back and watch him
Peake hasn't accomplished half of what carroo has, Miller Thomas and shepherd IMO will all be gone before the 3rd and I see Boyd as more of a possession WR compared to Carroo. Thanks for the comments dude!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM ]