Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 477 users in the forums

Goff-Putting Your Money Where your mouth is...

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Did I really just see someone suggest Goff is Jake Locker 2.0.


The hell? They are literally nothing alike.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:22 PM ]
1
4
(I don't want Goff, nor do i want a QB)
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,446
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,926
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.

Well, if that is the case then I guess just about every single analyst in the world got it all wrong cos from what I've seen Goff has been ranked between 4th-8th on their big boards.

Not worthy of a top 20 pick even? Now let's be nice and admit you are just trolling. LOL.
Originally posted by HERN:
I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.


Ok..thanks for clarifying. I was having a coronary over here with that comparison. Now I know where you are going.

Here is my opinion of Goff. He's a young kid and not ready for the NFL. But he does have some Montana like abilities I think. I like that he's cool under pressure and throws a ball that only his receivers can catch. You can't teach that and it must come naturally. I think he'd flourish under Chip's offense. We need somebody that is accurate and slide around in the pocket. I think Goff has that in spades. But he needs to add 10 lbs of muscle to survive in the NFL. That will come.

He's still my draft crush and praying like hell that he's there at #7.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:49 PM ]
Should be a poll, I'd say a 2 but if a Myles Jack or Buckner were on the board I'd be a 4
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,446
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.

Well, if that is the case then I guess just about every single analyst in the world got it all wrong cos from what I've seen Goff has been ranked between 4th-8th on their big boards.

Not worthy of a top 20 pick even? Now let's be nice and admit you are just trolling. LOL.

I'm not trolling. Analyst can have him ranked At 1 For all I care.

Like I said it's simply my opinion.

He's a top pick For you, not a top 20 For me. At the end of the day time will tell.

R-E-L-A-X.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,926
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.

Well, if that is the case then I guess just about every single analyst in the world got it all wrong cos from what I've seen Goff has been ranked between 4th-8th on their big boards.

Not worthy of a top 20 pick even? Now let's be nice and admit you are just trolling. LOL.

I'm not trolling. Analyst can have him ranked At 1 For all I care.

Like I said it's simply my opinion.

He's a top pick For you, not a top 20 For me. At the end of the day time will tell.

R-E-L-A-X.

I was simply pointing out the fact 99% of the big boards out there have Goff as a top 10 player comfortably, even though I would like to draft Goff I still need to rely on what the analysts are saying to an extent. For example, if Goff was ranked outside of the top 20 as you suggest, there would be no way I would suggest to draft him at 7th overall, it would be insane. Obviously, you are not keen on Goff, but I just don't see how the analysts can be so far off when some have ranked him as high as 4th. By the same token, just imagine if I were to say Joey Bosa is not even a top 20 player? I guess 90% of Webzone would explode. LOL. See what I am getting at? But, of course you are entitled to your own opinion.
[ Edited by Rascal on Mar 4, 2016 at 1:31 AM ]
Originally posted by 9RVOLS:
1 but there are a few other players I would be happy with if Goff is not the choice... Buckner, Ramsey, or Jack

I'm still in group one, but I agree, if we miss out Jack and Buckner are decent fall back options.
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.

Well, if that is the case then I guess just about every single analyst in the world got it all wrong cos from what I've seen Goff has been ranked between 4th-8th on their big boards.

Not worthy of a top 20 pick even? Now let's be nice and admit you are just trolling. LOL.

I'm not trolling. Analyst can have him ranked At 1 For all I care.

Like I said it's simply my opinion.

He's a top pick For you, not a top 20 For me. At the end of the day time will tell.

R-E-L-A-X.

Ha your post made me think of this lol.

2
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm #3.

Haven't gave up on Kaep yet. Even if Kaep doesn't pan out next this year, Goff doesn't strike me as someone that is going to be a difference maker.

Goff is in the top 2 QB conversation this draft not because of talent, but because of lack of quality QB coming out this year.

Jake Locker 2.0

This is possibly the worst post that I've seen on this site in maybe 5 years. Sorry man but it's just a flat out potato statement. I won't even go into the reasons why. Just plain silly. Goff = Locker. Really?

I'm trying to bite my tounge and be nice but Goff is the Anti Jake Locker. I live in Seattle and I'm a huge Husky fan. Either you haven't watched Jake Locker play football or you haven't watched Goff play football. They are COMPLETE opposites. Aside from having blonde hair, they share NO similar traits. Simply simply simply absurd comparison.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hold Your horses. What I was trying to compare between the 2 was not style of play. I was simply suggesting that a team will reach for QB not worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Johnny Manziel

Am I saying Goff will be a bust, NO. For my taste, Goff does not warrant to be picked at #7. Am I against drafting Goff, No, just not at 7.

Well, if that is the case then I guess just about every single analyst in the world got it all wrong cos from what I've seen Goff has been ranked between 4th-8th on their big boards.

Not worthy of a top 20 pick even? Now let's be nice and admit you are just trolling. LOL.

Just because he holds a different opinion to yours does not mean he is trolling.
2

Don't hate him, could live with it if we take him, but would rather BPA.

I don't see us competing next year and I think there are a few QB's who could be grabbed in the 2nd/3rd who could become very good starters in time. If that means we're stuck with Gabbert/Kap for next year while we rebuild then so be it.

Even if we took Goff I wouldn't mind him sitting to start with. I hope we don't feel the pressure of last years failure and look for short cuts. Won't do us or any potential QB any good.
  • crew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 805
2. - Baalke takes either Buckner or Jack, if both are off the board and Goff is there, he either takes Goff or trades down.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone