49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 561 users in the forums

Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech

Browse 49ers books and videos
I like Hodges, Engram (Ole Miss), and Howard (Bama). We need to grab one of these big, athletic guys this year. I love all three of these guys' potential. They're a little raw, but great athletes.
Is he entering draft? Kid has HUGE upside
Engram is essentially another WR. His hands are better than most guys coming out. I think he'll be a solid pro.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Is he entering draft? Kid has HUGE upside

Draft Advisory board reportedly told him to stay at VA Tech for another year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Is he entering draft? Kid has HUGE upside

Draft Advisory board reportedly told him to stay at VA Tech for another year.

Screw those guys.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Screw those guys.


They're always conservative. I don't think they tell a single prospect he would be a first round pick. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose if they told a guy he'd be a top pick and he ended up being drafted in the fourth round or so, they probably could be sued for loss of income or something.
Jimmy graham clone ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Jimmy graham clone ?

Not really. Doesn't look like a Morlock.
Originally posted by strickac:
I like Hodges, Engram (Ole Miss), and Howard (Bama). We need to grab one of these big, athletic guys this year. I love all three of these guys' potential. They're a little raw, but great athletes.

Evan Engram isn't big. Tiny for a TE at 6'3", 227.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by strickac:
I like Hodges, Engram (Ole Miss), and Howard (Bama). We need to grab one of these big, athletic guys this year. I love all three of these guys' potential. They're a little raw, but great athletes.

Evan Engram isn't big. Tiny for a TE at 6'3", 227.

I know. That's why I said he was essentially another WR. He's a better pure receiver than the rest of the TE group and its not even close. This guy does the OBJ one-handed warm-ups.

Hes a little smaller than Busta Anderson and much more accomplished as a receiver. I could see him going to NE, NO, or another pass-heavy system.
I wouldn't say he's a better pure receiver. Both Hodges and Henry had more catches, and they are bigger and younger than Engram. Pretty sure the other guys go before him in the draft if they declare. TE class is really deep in this draft, there are going to be studs going on the second and third day of the draft.
[ Edited by GreatGabbert on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM ]
Might as well rename this as the TE thread.
No Bucky this year.
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
No Bucky this year.

Want to edit the thread and we can continue talking TEs here?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone