LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech

With Jake Butt & OJ Howard probably going in the first round, I wouldn't mind drafting Bucky Hodges if he slipped to the 2nd round. He's athletic, plays really tough & went back to school to refine his game. With the Niners in rebuilding mode, I think he'd be a great long-term investment.

If they can somehow get Charles Harris, Corey Davis & Bucky Hodges in the same draft (maybe w/ a high pick & trading down a bit & then trading back up???), they'd be pretty close to loaded in every major area except QB.

Could still use another ILB, but there are a TON of options there in both the draft & FA next offseason.

Tough:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 23, 2016 at 11:19 PM ]
Per Rob Rang at CBS Sports per Bingo on our other site...

Bucky Hodges

CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang wrote that Virginia Tech redshirt junior TE Bucky Hodges is "as raw as sushi now."

With the 2016 draft behind us, analysts must use the summer to sharpen their metaphors, comparisons and analogies. "As raw as sushi now" is a nice May effort from Rang. The analyst believes that the 6-foot-6, 244-pound Hokie has the requisite athleticism to take a step up in his development this coming season and ranks him as his No. 10 underclassman prospect for 2017. Last year, Hodges caught 40 passes for 530 yards and six touchdowns.
Source: CBS Sports

May 21 - 6:34 PM
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 23, 2016 at 11:08 PM ]
Cajuste is free...like to see what he can do. I think he could grow into a premier receiving TE.
Jordan Leggett out of Clemson is the TE I want..2nd-3rd round..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Jordan Leggett out of Clemson is the TE I want..2nd-3rd round..

I don't trust the current Clemson skill-position players. He & Mike Williams both benefit from having a great QB and O-line. Usually, a WR benefits from the QB and not he other way around.

Originally posted by Murphys1:
Cajuste is free...like to see what he can do. I think he could grow into a premier receiving TE.

Spoken like a true fan, but no. He won't even make the final roster.
Share 49ersWebzone