LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Ivanm05 Mock 1.0

1st Round

Jared Goff - QB - CAL

Round 2

We trade back and pick up an extra third.

Jonathan Bullard - DE - Florida

Round 3

Pick 1:

Kendell Beckwith - ILB - LSU

Pick 2 :

Nick Martin - G/C - Notre Dame

Round 4

Tajae Sharpe - WR - UMASS

Pick 2 :

Eric Striker - OLB - Oklahoma

Round 5

Sebastian Tretola - OG - Arkansas

Pick 2:

Harlan Miller - CB - Southeastern Louisiana

Round 6

Pick 1:

Terrance Smith - LB - FSU

Pick 2:

Luther Maddy - DT - Virginia Tech

Pick 3:

D'haquille Williams - WR - Auburn

Pick 4:

Josh Ferguson - Rb - Illinois

Nice mock draft overall not too wild about the Striker pick though, I think he's a man without a position in the NFL. He doesn't cover well enough to play safety and I think he's too small to play the edge without adding a bunch of weight that might result in sacrificing quite a bit of his outstanding athleticism. I think special teamer and maybe situational pass rusher is his ceiling.

I do like the Harlan Miller pick and Tretola would finally allow Fro to shutup about there not being any Arkansas players on the 49ers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nice mock draft overall not too wild about the Striker pick though, I think he's a man without a position in the NFL. He doesn't cover well enough to play safety and I think he's too small to play the edge without adding a bunch of weight that might result in sacrificing quite a bit of his outstanding athleticism. I think special teamer and maybe situational pass rusher is his ceiling.

I do like the Harlan Miller pick and Tretola would finally allow Fro to shutup about there not being any Arkansas players on the 49ers.

Thanks Phoenix.

Yeah, I was debating about mocking OLB Jenkins from Georgia there in the 2nd but I felt we would need more help along the line, because there's not much there behind Armstead, especially now that they're planning on moving Tank to the outside, and also i think Eli Harold still warrants a longer look at OLB before taking another one high.

Haha, and yeah about fro.. its not Hunter but it's a hog nevertheless.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:46 PM ]
Very nice mock. Love the Bullard pick. That kid has really raised his stock this year and has the ability to dominate games. He would be a steal at that spot
1st round QB
  • fan49
  • Veteran
1st round qb at this point is another wasted pick anyway you look at it. We need to control the los. Before we draft a qb of the future. And you lose me at Goff anyways. Get a qb in the 4th or 5th. You get Goff you have to throw him in... and most, I said most not all qb's do better when they sit.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Ps with Gabbert play, a qb is farther down the need list. And Goff just doesn't have savior written all over him
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Big for taking Jared Goff in the 1st!!
Originally posted by fan49:
Ps with Gabbert play, a qb is farther down the need list. And Goff just doesn't have savior written all over him

Gabbert has been playing satisfactory. Lets not overreact and crown him a franchise qb just yet.That's the problem with us fans sometimes. We see a little of something and make the world of it. You're kidding yourself if you don't think they're taking a qb high. Unless a new offensive minded head coach comes in and says he wants to keep Kaep and work with him, we'll be looking for a new qb this upcoming draft.

I personally didn't feel we needed a qb, and Goff wasn't my favorite either. But he's grown on me. I know he runs out of the gun but he's very methodical and accurate. In that sense he reminds me a lot of Mariota. Not as athletic obviously but he always finds the open receiver and knows how to carve up a defense.

He does need to bulk up and learn the game. i would take him with my first and let him sit behind Gabbert as he becomes ready. i don't see why you HAVE to play a top 5 qb. If you have a capable backup, why not use that to your advantage?
Get a qb in the 4th or 5th.

And what will that do? Planning on drafting the BQOTF(Backup QB of the future?)

Originally posted by ivanm05:
Gabbert has been playing satisfactory. Lets not overreact and crown him a franchise qb just yet.That's the problem with us fans sometimes. We see a little of something and make the world of it.

Exactly this. Nothing that Gabbert has done should cause this team to alter their draft plans in anyway.

He could turn out to be
nothing more than a decent game manager, at which point you'll want a quality young franchise QB prospect developing behind him.

If the team is convinced that Goff can be a franchise QB in the NFL eventually then you have to pull the trigger. You can draft a QB with the first pick and still build up the roster at the same time.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM ]
Exactly this. Nothing that Gabbert has done should cause this team to alter their draft plans in anyway.

He could turn out to be
nothing more than a decent game manager, at which point you'll want a quality young franchise QB prospect developing behind him.

If the team is convinced that Goff can be a franchise QB in the NFL eventually then you have to pull the trigger. You can draft a QB with the first pick and still build up the roster at the same time.

so many people think these are mutually exclusive.
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:
so many people think these are mutually exclusive.

I dont understand that at all. Its possible to walk and chew gum, you can draft a QB early and still build up the OL and the defense.
I dont understand that at all. Its possible to walk and chew gum, you can draft a QB early and still build up the OL and the defense.

Phoenix I don't know man... I really think we need to take Jaylon Smith. and Wentz in the 2nd (like you said). I was a HUGE Goff guy but this year when he needed to play at his best, he flopped a lot. We need to get this defense back to what it was, and Jaylon Smith is 10 steps in the right direction.
[ Edited by 49ersJordan on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:52 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
1st round qb at this point is another wasted pick anyway you look at it. We need to control the los. Before we draft a qb of the future. And you lose me at Goff anyways. Get a qb in the 4th or 5th. You get Goff you have to throw him in... and most, I said most not all qb's do better when they sit.

I see, fix the LOS so that the 9ers will be go back up to say a 6-10 team and only to pick a QB then. We are not talking about picking a scrub here, we are talking about picking the next franchise QB for cry out loud. How do you suppose we do that when we will be picking lower, probably in the middle of the pack?

Besides, you people just amaze me. You make it sound like if we draft Goff we will just sit there and don't do anything else. Goff is only one pick. In other words, we are going to improve on the other areas such as LOS at the same time. Not to mention we will have a tonne of cap room to go out on a shopping spree. Listen, is not a case of either or here, we can do both concurrently.
Share 49ersWebzone