LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - Legit alternative to Jared Goff in 2017?

I don't know how big his joints are, but his hands are MASSIVE. I would not be surprised if Watson has some of the biggest hands at the combine.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
plz if there is a god, let cleveland draft deshaun watsom

On the other hand if the 49ers do trade for Garoppolo, they have the possibility of trading down with a team that wants a QB, getting a 2nd back and then drafting Mike Williams for Garoppolo to throw to.

This sounds good too
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Just as a comparison....

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
See those thick wrists. Skinny ankles, but forearms are thick. And he only lasted 10 years until it caught up to him.

Love Joe but you give me one Joe and I will give you 300 RGIIIs and Joe theismans.

I've personally felt Deshaun's skull and the depressed recess behind his ear is indicative of a backup quarterback at best... oh and the lifeline on his palm is worryingly short. Without a strong diet of snake oil and homeopathic tonics he may not live more than a score and ten!
[ Edited by Jasta on Jan 9, 2017 at 10:24 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This dude got thousands of Crimson Tide fans like no tomorrow lol!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Just as a comparison....

I'm sorry, but no way that willow is 5'10
I have a hard time seeing Jackson not go QB. Some may call it blind homerism because I would also like Garrett but Jackson is an offensive guy and in today's NFL if you have even a remote shot at a franchise QB you have to take it. The Browns can't afford to hope that a QB lands to them with their second pick. If they have a QB that they love, they will pick him at #1. In the NFL QB trumps all.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
They have to take him #2 or try and trade down and take Williams. One them needs to we wearing red and gold on April 27th.

Preferably Williams in trade down but wow Watson looked special in back to back years, in big games vs the best defense in the nation. Amazing
On the other hand if the 49ers do trade for Garoppolo, they have the possibility of trading down with a team that wants a QB, getting a 2nd back and then drafting Mike Williams for Garoppolo to throw to.

I like the way you think Phoenix. Although Watson looked very composed and played incredible tonight, I would like Garroppolo/Williams combo more.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't know how big his joints are, but his hands are MASSIVE. I would not be surprised if Watson has some of the biggest hands at the combine.

Just as a comparison...

Yup. But CLE has a lot more and better ammo
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by LVJay:
No to Watson. He is small jointed like RGIII. like a WR. NFL QBs, the lasting ones, have thick joints.

C'mon man.........

But he was drooling over Goof when he has small frame but a peanut brain

You gotta love it lol

You guys mixing up Joecool with jcool. I understand as it gets confusing but I was never for drafting Goff unless it was 3rd round or something. I liked Dak.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
plz if there is a god, let cleveland draft deshaun watsom

Get Wolf, McDaniels, Vrabel, Jimmy G, trade down, and get Mike Williams. This would put the Niners back into a path of respectability again.
No to Watson. He is small jointed like RGIII. like a WR. NFL QBs, the lasting ones, have thick joints.

Another thing I saw during the entire game on passing plays; as soon as the ball is snapped he looks directly at where he's going to throw and continues to stare down the play till it's over. He is a major stare down the receiver QB, never seen the stare down this bad..He does make plays doe, no doubt about that..
Originally posted by Jasta:
See those thick wrists. Skinny ankles, but forearms are thick. And he only lasted 10 years until it caught up to him.

Love Joe but you give me one Joe and I will give you 300 RGIIIs and Joe theismans.

I've personally felt Deshaun's skull and the depressed recess behind his ear is indicative of a backup quarterback at best... oh and the lifeline on his palm is worryingly short. Without a strong diet of snake oil and homeopathic tonics he may not live more than a score and ten!

Share 49ersWebzone