There are 229 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner DL - Oregon

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Buckner doing his thing again...7 sacks in last five games not too shabby.

Buckner and Armstead at DE, Williams at NT, I wouldn't even be mad.

For real!

With Dial as the first off the bench

I love the idea of Buckner in SF. I'm beginning to think he's worthy of a top ten pick

wouldn't even be mad
Bump...If we win a couple more games got to start checking out players like Buckner.
I've seen him in the late 1st in recent rankings.
Originally posted by strickac:
I've seen him in the late 1st in recent rankings.

I think cbs rankings has him top 15.
If the Niners drafted Buckner, they'd have 2 former pairs of teammates (Armstead) on the defense who'd be current teammates who play the same position (Ward & Tartt in high school as DBs).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 7, 2015 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
If the Niners drafted Buckner, they'd have 2 former pairs of teammates (Armstead) on the defense who'd be current teammates who play the same position (Ward & Tartt in high school as DBs).

I'd be cool with two 6-7 290 Lbs athletic freaks up front

What are your thoughts on Dial? How do you think he's been playing?
I'd be cool with two 6-7 290 Lbs athletic freaks up front

What are your thoughts on Dial? How do you think he's been playing?

Dial's a valuable piece. I don't like him as a starter going forward, but I'd love to keep him in the rotation. I'd offer him a short contract extension; 2 or 3 years.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM ]
Dial's a valuable piece. I don't like him as a starter going forward, but I'd love to keep him in the rotation. I'd offer him a short contract extension; 2 or 3 years.

Dial has been pretty damn good lately. He keeps O-Line busy and let's the playmakers get the sexy stats. He may not have a role in pass rush situations but as far as base D goes he is a keeper.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM ]

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Dial has been pretty damn good lately. He keeps O-Line busy and let's the playmakers get the sexy stats. He may not have a role in pass rush situations but as far as base D goes he is a keeper.

Yeah that's about where I'm at he seems good in base D and solid in run stuffing.
A rotation with AA, Buckner, and Dial would be amazing. Throw in Williams and Purcell and you have a young group with a ton of potential. All you would need is an OLB to play opposite Lynch. My vote would be Carl Lawson if he were available in the second. If not sign Tamba Hali and wait a year to draft an OLB early.

A rotation with AA, Buckner, and Dial would be amazing. Throw in Williams and Purcell and you have a young group with a ton of potential. All you would need is an OLB to play opposite Lynch. My vote would be Carl Lawson if he were available in the second. If not sign Tamba Hali and wait a year to draft an OLB early.

I'm cool with that! I'd like to see what Harold could do with another year under his belt as well...he needs to put on a couple LBs but the potential is there.

This sounds incredible, but I think there is no way we can ignore QB in both the first and second rounds, no matter how well Blaine does. Even if you believe Blaine is the guy, we need to develop a capable backup. I do believe we need to add another pass rusher, at bare minimum to bump Lemonier off the roster and someone that can create heat opposite of Aaron Lynch. Unfortunately, all we can expect is another project in the 3rd. I believe are best bet next season will be a 20-lb lighter Tank Carradine.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This sounds incredible, but I think there is no way we can ignore QB in both the first and second rounds, no matter how well Blaine does. Even if you believe Blaine is the guy, we need to develop a capable backup. I do believe we need to add another pass rusher, at bare minimum to bump Lemonier off the roster and someone that can create heat opposite of Aaron Lynch. Unfortunately, all we can expect is another project in the 3rd. I believe are best bet next season will be a 20-lb lighter Tank Carradine.

Agree on the QB. My dream would be landing Wentz in the second(or in a trade up). I would love to bring in a solid RT, re-sign Boone, sign Hali, then draft Buckner-Wentz-Nick Martin.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Agree on the QB. My dream would be landing Wentz in the second(or in a trade up). I would love to bring in a solid RT, re-sign Boone, sign Hali, then draft Buckner-Wentz-Nick Martin.

Wentz in the 2nd be ideal! Kid has talent but is a project just like the other QBs in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised is Baalke hits up FA for OL help.
Wentz in the 2nd be ideal! Kid has talent but is a project just like the other QBs in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised is Baalke hits up FA for OL help.

I really hope he does. I'd love to sign a RT and either Boone or another guard, then draft a guy like Nick Martin to play center. I hope to see 3 new lineman next year.
Share 49ersWebzone