49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 621 users in the forums

Jack Conklin Mich St. LT

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd take Lawson over either RT personally...this draft Is light on pass rushers and we can find OTs thought out the draft and we are young at the position. This is Brooks last year and tanks (most likely) we need pass rushers with chips offense.

Give me Lawson and spriggs.

At 7 though? His arms aren't long enough for Baalke to take him at 7
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd take Lawson over either RT personally...this draft Is light on pass rushers and we can find OTs thought out the draft and we are young at the position. This is Brooks last year and tanks (most likely) we need pass rushers with chips offense.

Give me Lawson and spriggs.

At 7 though? His arms aren't long enough for Baalke to take him at 7

Don't curr .25 inches short of 33 inches. literally that's his only knock. Explosive, has size and speed, already has a ton of pass rush moves, is a locker room leader, head is on straight, stud against the run as well as the pass etc

There's a reason they've brought him in and spoke to him a ton. Ideally I'd prefer a trade down, but if that can't happen I'd rather go pass rush than a RT. We are young on OL and I'm a Trent Brown homer get some depth at OT with someone like Willie Beavers,Kyle Murphy,Fahn Cooper,Joe Haeg,Joe Dahl etc.

I could live with Lawson and Joshua Garnett with our first two picks... if we could trade with someone like the Titans (who want a OT) or the Phins (love Zeke) and still get Lawson that would be ideal too
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd take Lawson over either RT personally...this draft Is light on pass rushers and we can find OTs thought out the draft and we are young at the position. This is Brooks last year and tanks (most likely) we need pass rushers with chips offense.

Give me Lawson and spriggs.

At 7 though? His arms aren't long enough for Baalke to take him at 7

Don't curr .25 inches short of 33 inches. literally that's his only knock. Explosive, has size and speed, already has a ton of pass rush moves, is a locker room leader, head is on straight, stud against the run as well as the pass etc

There's a reason they've brought him in and spoke to him a ton. Ideally I'd prefer a trade down, but if that can't happen I'd rather go pass rush than a RT. We are young on OL and I'm a Trent Brown homer get some depth at OT with someone like Willie Beavers,Kyle Murphy,Fahn Cooper,Joe Haeg,Joe Dahl etc.

I could live with Lawson and Joshua Garnett with our first two picks... if we could trade with someone like the Titans (who want a OT) or the Phins (love Zeke) and still get Lawson that would be ideal too

I agree. I do think they brought him in just in case a guy they want at 7 is not available and they find a trade down partner. I don't think Baalke plans on taking him at 7 but, never know. Hell they might want to take him after a trade down but can't find a partner so end up being stuck at 7 and taking him anyways . At the end of the day, I'd be fine with Lawson. A stud player at a position of need, I'm all on board for
Seems like Kiper is back on the juice, know'm sayion'?
Would be very upset with Conklin at 7. Definite reach for a RT.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kiper called him the most underrated prospect in the entire draft.


Give me Jack Conklin all day over Ronnie Stanley.

I'm w/you on that.
  • crew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 805
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kiper called him the most underrated prospect in the entire draft.


Give me Jack Conklin all day over Ronnie Stanley.

I'm w/you on that.

Agree, believe Niners feel the same way about Conklin, wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick at #7, especially if Ravens take Buckner at #6.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kiper called him the most underrated prospect in the entire draft.


Give me Jack Conklin all day over Ronnie Stanley.

I'm w/you on that.

Agree, believe Niners feel the same way about Conklin, wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick at #7, especially if Ravens take Buckner at #6.

if they do feel this way that haven't shown anything...Conklin was on the radio the other day talking about every team that he's spoke to in some sort of fashion and SF was not one of them.

Not saying he's not the pick but I would be very surprised if the was the pick at 7, personally I don't think they will draft a RT at 7. Baalke yesterday spoke about the youth on the OL and how they are finally getting their NFL strength.

I see Lawson or whichever defensive player drops being the pick, unless we trade down.

Who knows could all be a smokescreen (really getting tired of hearing that word) lol.
.......
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I like Conklin than Stanley. The white guys are best for Olines like Cowboys and New England. The black guys are best for defense line.. it is opportunity.

What'd he say?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I like Conklin than Stanley. The white guys are best for Olines like Cowboys and New England. The black guys are best for defense line.. it is opportunity.

What'd he say?
he said Conklin is the best Tackle in the draft, which i agree
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,740
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I like Conklin than Stanley. The white guys are best for Olines like Cowboys and New England. The black guys are best for defense line.. it is opportunity.

Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Gene Upshaw and Art Shell all say you don't know what the fudge you are babbling about. Also the Cowboys starting left tackle is not a white guy.
Source indicated #Dolphins have a strong interest in Michigan State OT Jack Conklin as possible pick at No. 13. We shall see.
Guess we shouldn't ask Buzz if blacks should be allowed to play qb
....
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone