LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Robert Nkemdiche-DL-Ole Miss

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
As much as I would love to get him or Bosa we have bigger needs right now.

You grab the best player available when you have holes all over the place.

Agree as long as we end up addressing the OL. Having the same horrible offensive line will ruin the development of our young offensive players (QB loses confidence, RB's have no holes to run through so they can't improve their vision and take a beating, WR route trees are limited by how long we can hold blocks, etc.). We need at least one good defensive lineman. It's too early to tell if Armstead will develop into one. If Bosa/Nkemdiche can be Justin Smith and the top two tackles are gone, I think we have to take one of them unless we're in love with one of the QB's. We have a need at every single position right now other than fullback and maybe safety.
You grab the best player available when you have holes all over the place.

We need to improve our offense because our defense is holding up in the last few games but our offense made 7 points or less in 4 of 8 games this season, only done more than 20 points twice and never more than 27 so this is a cry for help.

Defense is ranked 31st in the league giving up 400+ plus yards

Offensse is even worse, grab whomever is graded out higher because we need help everywhere. I don't want to reach for a QB I'll tell ya that much (unless it's he's BPA).

If it's between bosa,Nek, or goff give me one of the first two.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Agree as long as we end up addressing the OL. Having the same horrible offensive line will ruin the development of our young offensive players (QB loses confidence, RB's have no holes to run through so they can't improve their vision and take a beating, WR route trees are limited by how long we can hold blocks, etc.). We need at least one good defensive lineman. It's too early to tell if Armstead will develop into one. If Bosa/Nkemdiche can be Justin Smith and the top two tackles are gone, I think we have to take one of them unless we're in love with one of the QB's. We have a need at every single position right now other than fullback and maybe safety.

I agree we have options in the draft because we need help all over the place...I mean if we can grab some solid OL help in FA, resign Boone, Davis comes back, and Kilgore can get healthy that's all huge.
Defense is ranked 31st in the league giving up 400+ plus yards

Offensse is even worse, grab whomever is graded out higher because we need help everywhere. I don't want to reach for a QB I'll tell ya that much (unless it's he's BPA).

If it's between bosa,Nek, or goff give me one of the first two.

I know our defense isn't elite but we managed to make the Packers and Rodgers only score 20 points, nullified Graham and Adrian Peterson and if we exclude that big run of Gurley he had only 3.1 yards per carry so there is something to build on.
I know our defense isn't elite but we managed to make the Packers and Rodgers only score 20 points, nullified Graham and Adrian Peterson and if we exclude that big run of Gurley he had only 3.1 yards per carry so there is something to build on.

And they let Zona and Pitt score 40+

I want whomever is the BPA and I there are some elite OT and DE in this draft.

It will come down to FA and if Davis comes back.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
What do they do with Tank then? This essentially means his role is significantly diminished right?

Do you worry about the trash after its thrown out? Tank is weak.
I agree we have options in the draft because we need help all over the place...I mean if we can grab some solid OL help in FA, resign Boone, Davis comes back, and Kilgore can get healthy that's all huge.

I agree. Our first priority in the offseason is to sign an experienced OL in free agency. That would help immensely.
i get that Nkemdiche is one of the top players on every big board. but how good is he actually playing this season? can anyone following college football closely weigh in please?! and who has a better season, Nkemdiche or Bosa?
On top of that play, look up his highlights against Bama. Dude can be Justin 2.0. He suffered a concussion against Memphis but was cleared to play against Auburn and seemed just fine.
[ Edited by Mdizzle27 on Nov 2, 2015 at 10:12 AM ]

Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
i get that Nkemdiche is one of the top players on every big board. but how good is he actually playing this season? can anyone following college football closely weigh in please?! and who has a better season, Nkemdiche or Bosa?

Nk has been playing very well and has had a better season then Bosa. He constantly is taking up multiple blockers and on the few plays he does have a one on one you can expect to see him make a play.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Nk has been playing very well and has had a better season then Bosa. He constantly is taking up multiple blockers and on the few plays he does have a one on one you can expect to see him make a play.

Thanks! Might very well go No1 if he keeps this up.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

Nkemdiche is having a very good season. He's not putting up big stats because teams are going out of their way to try and stop him but physically he's just beasting and has basically been a wrecking ball against opposing linemen. Nkemdiche has always had the talent but this season he's started to really put it all together and has been a lot more consistent.

Watch the power he shows here vs Auburn, almost sacking the QB with his own lineman.

I think both are having very good seasons even as both are basically the focal point of opposing OL's. I think Bosa is the guy that is more "plug and play" ready but Nkemdiche has better athleticism and a better overall upside. Can't go wrong with either one of them IMO.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nkemdiche is having a very good season. He's not putting up big stats because teams are going out of their way to try and stop him but physically he's just beasting and has basically been a wrecking ball against opposing linemen. Nkemdiche has always had the talent but this season he's started to really put it all together and has been a lot more consistent.

Watch the power he shows here vs Auburn, almost sacking the QB with his own lineman.

I think both are having very good seasons even as both are basically the focal point of opposing OL's. I think Bosa is the guy that is more "plug and play" ready but Nkemdiche has better athleticism and a better overall upside. Can't go wrong with either one of them IMO.

Thanks Phoenix for this inside. He seems to be an exciting prospect.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Totally agree. If we pick high and feel there is a true QB there to take, then take him, but we do this realizing next year or two will rough as well. If there is no QB, then we simply take the best player available.

Which is my thought as well. Never reach for a QB or any other position, with as many needs as this team has, BPA is a pretty good way to go if they have one of the top 5 picks. When you're choosing between guys like Bosa, Nkemdiche, Stanley and Tunsil it is pretty hard to go wrong with any one of them.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone