LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Myles Jack ILB UCLA

My second favorite linebacker after J.Smith. Poor kid is out for the season, hurt his knee which is why I'm posting, he may be the LB we target because of it
Myles Jack UCLA Football 2014 Highlights: https://youtu.be/vjC4LGW_zWE
Now we can get him in the 2nd
Draft and stash on IR
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Draft and stash on IR

he will probably be ready for 2016 season. Would love to put this kid next to Bow.

I hope he stays at UCLA for another year tho because im a UCLA fan haha
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Sep 25, 2015 at 8:52 AM ]
Aside from being a little small, I'd definitely want him lining up next to #53. One local draft guru compares him to Bowman too: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/356zsv/myles_jack_scouting_report/

I read that he has an insurance policy, so he'll probably still enter. Mora established a relationship with Jack before he became HC at UCLA, so maybe he can steer him towards SF. Though, it'd be disastrous if Seattle got him.
No more hurt players
Baalke loves him some knee injuries
Apparently he told his coach that he's going to apply for entry into the NFL draft. He's ours.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Apparently he told his coach that he's going to apply for entry into the NFL draft. He's ours.
Injured UCLA linebacker Myles Jack has withdrawn from the school and will enter the 2016 NFL draft, coach Jim Mora said Tuesday.

Jack suffered a season-ending knee injury in practice two weeks ago, just a couple of days after his fourth-quarter interception locked up the Bruins' come-from-behind win over No. 19 BYU.

Mora said Jack thought it was in his best interest to focus on his rehabilitation full time.

"He's taking his chips and shoving them into the middle, and we hope he draws a good hand," Mora said.

"He doesn't see any point in staying in school. He's going to go and get some personal training and rehab."

The linebacker became a national sensation in 2013 when the coaching staff started using him as a situational running back. That year, he rushed for seven touchdowns and 267 yards on 38 carries.

But Jack always insisted he was a linebacker first and foremost. For his career, he totaled 178 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and four interceptions.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nfl/story/_/id/13821985/myles-jack-ucla-bruins-return-school-enter-nfl-draft
[ Edited by JustinMT on Oct 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM ]

Good middle linebacker, I'll say more later.
if he has at least an acl tear, we will draft him.
I don't think Baalke can wait a few years for a top pick to get healthy. His seat is luke warm.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Who is advising this young man? Obviously underclassman injured linebackers are worth less than the same guy coming back for a productive Senior year. With NFL slotted fixed term rookie contracts he cannot outplay his contract and get it renegotiated. He could be costing himself millions by coming out early.
Originally posted by BobS:
Who is advising this young man? Obviously underclassman injured linebackers are worth less than the same guy coming back for a productive Senior year. With NFL slotted fixed term rookie contracts he cannot outplay his contract and get it renegotiated. He could be costing himself millions by coming out early.

I think he already has an insurance policy to protect loss of value. I suppose that policy might buy him enough time to regain that athleticism and pursue the second contract. It's also not a total gamble because everyone knows Baalke will take him if he slides.

It also might just be that he's a football junkie. He's not far off, so shoot for the moon:
"Well, if I don't play football, then I don't think I should be doing anything," a young Myles Jack said.
And so everything he did, he did with football in mind. As a kid, seldom were his Saturdays spent watching cartoons. Instead, Jack ran his own workouts in his backyard, finding entertainment in orange cones used to set up agility drills.

http://dailybruin.com/2014/04/01/origins-of-myles-jacks-promising-future-at-ucla-draw-from-past/

I know Mora disagreed with the decision, but I'd have to think he still passed along some good knowledge. His son was classmates with Jack before he became coach at UCLA, so I'm sure he understands the context of the decision. Maybe Mora's just playing possum to lower Jack's stock and push him towards SF.
[ Edited by zonkers on Oct 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone