Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 875 users in the forums

OnTheClock's Seven Round Projection April 23, 2015 edition w/ 49ers mock

Browse 49ers books and videos
No 49 draft as far as I can see.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
No 49 draft as far as I can see.

My apologies, I had accidentally posted before tacking it on there. You should see it now.
I love that 49ers draft!

Do you still see Shane Ray as a top 10 pick knowing he'll miss 5 months due to surgery?
What a fall for Montgomery...i think he is more a late 3rd-early 4th now...i truly think he ´s underrated now, because of subpar senior bowl and combine but his tape says he is pretty good. Could be a 3rd day steal...
great mock OTC, I love Hunter and hope we get him and keep talent on our front 7. Peters is also my favorite CB in the draft, has his personal issues but I think we can keep his emotions in check.
Missing the boat on all of the WR talent. Delete Hunter in the 2nd and get me a playmaker!
Very solid but can't see us drafting 3 CBs. We have Brock, Johnson, Cook, Ward and Wright who will already be competing with Reaser and Acker plus I'm assuming an early draft pick. Drafting two more after that would seem like Reaser and Acker were wasted picks last year
[ Edited by Sims84 on Apr 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM ]
I would have to agree, I think 3 CBs might be overkill and missing out on all that WR talent?

Hunter like you said seems like a project love the measurables, but he played in 80% of the snaps this past season and managed 1.5 sacks.
So you did not follow your own draft board. Why would you not pick Trae Waynes CB at pick 15, he is the safer pick and availalble per your board??

Throw in ANY WR at second round pick (WR class is rated an A) Jaelen Strong, phillip Dorsett, Devin Smith

Love the RB from USC, can pass block and is a good pass catcher and runner

Throw out one of the 7th rd CB's (we have enough on roster) and give us a QB
I can't see the Raiders taking a WR, I mean I think they should, but maybe they go DLine?
Nice work, OTC.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Very solid but can't see us drafting 3 CBs. We have Brock, Johnson, Cook, Ward and Wright who will already be competing with Reaser and Acker plus I'm assuming an early draft pick. Drafting two more after that would seem like Reaser and Acker were wasted picks last year

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I would have to agree, I think 3 CBs might be overkill and missing out on all that WR talent?

Hunter like you said seems like a project love the measurables, but he played in 80% of the snaps this past season and managed 1.5 sacks.

Whoops, please forgive the lack of a WR early. I meant to include one acquired via a trade for a pick (it was very late and admittedly I was exhausted after finishing up yesterday). Please see above the corrections, folks.

You could be right on the CBs, although I am considering the fact that we have several CBs coming off injury and/or one year deals. Wright and Cook both on one-year deals, and Cook/Brock/Acker/Reaser basically all coming off season-ending injuries.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Sims84:
Very solid but can't see us drafting 3 CBs. We have Brock, Johnson, Cook, Ward and Wright who will already be competing with Reaser and Acker plus I'm assuming an early draft pick. Drafting two more after that would seem like Reaser and Acker were wasted picks last year

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I would have to agree, I think 3 CBs might be overkill and missing out on all that WR talent?

Hunter like you said seems like a project love the measurables, but he played in 80% of the snaps this past season and managed 1.5 sacks.

Whoops, please forgive the lack of a WR early. I meant to include one acquired via a trade for a pick (it was very late and admittedly I was exhausted after finishing up yesterday). Please see above the corrections, folks.

You could be right on the CBs, although I am considering the fact that we have several CBs coming off injury and/or one year deals. Wright and Cook both on one-year deals, and Cook/Brock/Acker/Reaser basically all coming off season-ending injuries.

There we go
Thanks for taking the time OTC! Always love your rankings.

Interesting 9ers mock. I liked watching Devin Smith last year and thought he looked very good. I am a bit concerned about him though. I was watching a bit/special that included yesterday or the day before on ESPN and it went over the fact that he almost dropped out of the football program as it wasn't working out the way he planned and his heart just wasn't in it.

Is he fully committed or is this another early Retirement guy? We've been burned too much by the last few years.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone