if not Taiwan jones. Then what other ilb do you like.In this trade scenario do you have Washington going after Perryman from miami
There are 757 users in the forums
My Baalke-esque and Final Mock Plan
- 1 2
Apr 8, 2015 at 8:00 PM
- bors
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,736
Apr 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM
- bors
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,736
So how bad is Taiwan jones especially in coverage. All I hear Is that he can't cover blah blah. Is he really that bad?
Apr 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM
- crew
- Veteran
- Posts: 805
Like your draft and the trade down with KC. Like the Davis, Allen, Smelter and Clark picks. Not sold on Lockett, would want some size with Smith & Ellington already at WR - thinking more like Dezmin Lewis or Chris Conley at that point. As an alternative to Jones in the 4th would be Jake Ryan, Michigan.
Apr 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM
- Big_Daddy
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,808
With all the good RBs available, I hope we do better than that.
Apr 8, 2015 at 9:10 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
draft is solid but pears will not start over martin... no way
Apr 9, 2015 at 9:07 AM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,171
Solid draft
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM
- MeddlingKids
- Veteran
- Posts: 790
If Ward gets moved to safety, which role will he play with Reid and Bethea starting?
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM
- stonecold590
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,384
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:If Ward gets moved to safety, which role will he play with Reid and Bethea starting?
This! I don't see Ward moving permanently to take the First round pick of 2 years ago who has played well and the FA we gave a decent contract to last year. I can see him as a back up but thinking he will stay in the Slot.
I do like the Draft however. Just not the moving Ward to Safety
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:26 AM
- amosmac28
- Veteran
- Posts: 650
I'll say this... I don't mind the mock and I do think Baalke will be good for a few "wheel and deal" trades. However, I believe if Danny Shelton is available at pick 15... Baalke will take him. He likes to build the defense from the middle. Is he an upgrade at NT over Dorsey & Williams? I have to believe so. Yes, Dorsey & Williams are good against the run but this Shelton guy can't be moved and he is so disruptive.
I have a feeling Baalke was at Washington's Pro Day to take a look at Danny Shelton (not Marcus Peters). Call me crazy but I have a hunch.
Round 1. Danny Shelton
Round 2. WR (Devin Smith or does Jaelen Strong slide to the 2nd?) This is where I could see a trade up to get Strong.
Round 3. ILB
Round 4. ILB or TE
Round 4. DE/DT
Round 5. DB
Round 6. Safety/QB
Round 7. Safety/QB
Round 7. DB
I have a feeling Baalke was at Washington's Pro Day to take a look at Danny Shelton (not Marcus Peters). Call me crazy but I have a hunch.
Round 1. Danny Shelton
Round 2. WR (Devin Smith or does Jaelen Strong slide to the 2nd?) This is where I could see a trade up to get Strong.
Round 3. ILB
Round 4. ILB or TE
Round 4. DE/DT
Round 5. DB
Round 6. Safety/QB
Round 7. Safety/QB
Round 7. DB
Apr 9, 2015 at 12:33 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,171
Originally posted by amosmac28:
I'll say this... I don't mind the mock and I do think Baalke will be good for a few "wheel and deal" trades. However, I believe if Danny Shelton is available at pick 15... Baalke will take him. He likes to build the defense from the middle. Is he an upgrade at NT over Dorsey & Williams? I have to believe so. Yes, Dorsey & Williams are good against the run but this Shelton guy can't be moved and he is so disruptive.
I have a feeling Baalke was at Washington's Pro Day to take a look at Danny Shelton (not Marcus Peters). Call me crazy but I have a hunch.
Round 1. Danny Shelton
Round 2. WR (Devin Smith or does Jaelen Strong slide to the 2nd?) This is where I could see a trade up to get Strong.
Round 3. ILB
Round 4. ILB or TE
Round 4. DE/DT
Round 5. DB
Round 6. Safety/QB
Round 7. Safety/QB
Round 7. DB
I like Shelton but he isn't making it to 15 and I doubt he makes it past the Browns. I'm not sure what you mean by build the defense from the middle? Minus Tank he hasn't drafted a DT early since being the GM.
I would be happy with Shelton no doubt and we aren't sure what Mangini will do (does like big NT). SF dose have Peters coming in for a visit so not sure if it was just a smokescreen
Apr 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM
- GEEK
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,431
Originally posted by stonecold590:Originally posted by MeddlingKids:If Ward gets moved to safety, which role will he play with Reid and Bethea starting?
This! I don't see Ward moving permanently to take the First round pick of 2 years ago who has played well and the FA we gave a decent contract to last year. I can see him as a back up but thinking he will stay in the Slot.
I do like the Draft however. Just not the moving Ward to Safety
I think he'll still see the field regardless if it's at CB or S. One thing to note is that with the loss of Borland and Willis, we may need to change up our 4-2-5 scheme a bit. I could see a formation like below:
4: A. Smith-Dockett-Carradine-Brooks | Best group for a balance of pass rush and run block
2: Bowman-Bethea | One of them will play zone or blitz, the other will cover the TE threat.
5: Brock-Reid-Ward-Johnson-Peters | You got 3 first rounders in this unit. There's talent here.
Apr 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM
- amosmac28
- Veteran
- Posts: 650
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like Shelton but he isn't making it to 15 and I doubt he makes it past the Browns. I'm not sure what you mean by build the defense from the middle? Minus Tank he hasn't drafted a DT early since being the GM.
I would be happy with Shelton no doubt and we aren't sure what Mangini will do (does like big NT). SF dose have Peters coming in for a visit so not sure if it was just a smokescreen
What I meant by that is that he likes to be strong up the middle; not necessarily just the NT. Drafting a defensive linemen in early rounds wasn't necessarily what I was referring to. Sorry, I should have elaborated. What I meant by that is the Safety & Middle linebacker positions. No, he didn't draft Patrick Willis but he did draft Bowman & Chris Borland in the 3rd round. He also jumped up from pick 31 to move to 18 and select Eric Reid. (That's not Baalke's style to give up that much) but he likes to be strong up the middle. One of his first moves in FA last year was signing Bethea. I think he has a lot of confidence in Dorsey & Williams but Williams is coming off yet another leg injury and Dorsey is on the wrong side of 30 (soon to be).
I actually think Shelton may fall to 15... if he can get by the Browns. I think most of the teams in the top 15 are enamored by all the pass rushers... Beasley, Gregory, Fowler Jr., and Shane Ray. Bud Dupree could slip in to the top 15 also. With Mariota, Winston, Cooper, Kevin White, Leonard Williams, Scherff, D. Parker, and Waynes all expected to go in top the 15 and you add these 4 or 5 pass rushers expected to go in the top 15 then it's possible (POSSIBLE) that Shelton falls to us. We're talking about 13 or 14 players that will definitely fall in the top 15. I think the other team to look out for is the Bears although I think they will go WR because they are stupid. I would be happier with Shelton over Armstead because it solidifies one position and allows us to move Dorsey out to end. I wouldn't be disgusted picking Marcus Peters @ 15 or trade back a few and take him or Armstead if they make it.
Apr 9, 2015 at 1:11 PM
- amosmac28
- Veteran
- Posts: 650
If we do take Armstead, that may tell us a bit more about how Baalke & Co. feels about Tank. Maybe not though... we do have to replace Ray Mac also though.
We do have Dockett thank god.
We do have Dockett thank god.
Apr 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM
- CorvaNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,448
I like the Peters pick...agree, he'd bring not only ball skills, but an attitude to our secondary. But, he wouldn't be my first pick...that'd be Eddie Goldman, an absolute beastly DL. He's not only huge, extremely strong, but has surprising quickness. Unlike Davis, Eddie takes no plays off and has a terrific work ethic. He could start right away, too...because he played not only DT at FSU, but DE, too. He's too awesome to pass up. He's a guy who can tie up two OL on virtually every snap...and wear them down. I don't see Davis doing that.
I get Lockett has the speed...but other than Boldin, all our WR's have it, or something close to it. I'd rather see Baalke draft a WR with size...Crabtree's gone and Boldin may well be in 2016, too. Hunter's back now...and will be one of our KR's, too.
Taiwan Jones and RB Allen are fine picks.
I don't see a TE...with Vernon likely in his last year as a Niner and very little TE receiving talent (save maybe Carrier) behind him, I think Baalke has to draft at least one. Would love to see him pick Clive Walford, one of the top playmaking TE's in this draft.
I get Lockett has the speed...but other than Boldin, all our WR's have it, or something close to it. I'd rather see Baalke draft a WR with size...Crabtree's gone and Boldin may well be in 2016, too. Hunter's back now...and will be one of our KR's, too.
Taiwan Jones and RB Allen are fine picks.
I don't see a TE...with Vernon likely in his last year as a Niner and very little TE receiving talent (save maybe Carrier) behind him, I think Baalke has to draft at least one. Would love to see him pick Clive Walford, one of the top playmaking TE's in this draft.
- 1 2
if not Taiwan jones. Then what other ilb do you like.In this trade scenario do you have Washington going after Perryman from miami