There are 221 users in the forums

Greg Cosell Said this about the forum Boner

Originally posted by NYniner85:
5-11 190 lbs Warrick? Look at who his QB was in Cincinnati as well lol. I can throw out a ton of names of players at other positions that were over drafted and turned out awful, not just at the WR position. (ex the QB throwing to Warrick... Akili smith lol)

I don't think anyone has a Boner over just Parker. I've see plenty of people that are in love with Goldman, Brown, Waynes, Collins etc....at 15. All we can do to this point is judge what we've seen these players do in college.

Parker has put up solid numbers on a very bad passing team (47th ranked) he was basically their whole offense and was constantly double teamed. He still avg 143 yards a game and 20 yards a catch, which are very good numbers in the ACC. There aren't many "can't miss" prospects in the NFL and everyone has their issues. I don't believe there is a can't miss player at 15, but if he's there it will be very hard for Baalke to draft someone else. BPA has to be the pick and Parker is ranked 13th (overall) on CBS Sports big draft board. I'll take their word over yours...sorry man.

If Parker turns into a huge bust I'll eat crow
Fair enough
What is it that you truly don't like about him? What is it that you've seen on film that gives you doubts, but you don't have doubt with the other WRs?

He runs better routes than White,Strong,DGB, and Perriman...he was only credited for 3 drops since 2012 and I know that can't be true with DGB,Perriman (horrible hands) and Strong. You say he doesn't get separation, but he avg more yards per catch than any of the above WRs you mentioned. I think all the prospects you mentioned are all good in there own way and I wouldn't hate it if any of them make it on the team.

Who do you want at 15? Who would be your BPA at 15? Just curious....
White@15

Parker does not display explosiveness,avg,speed nothing special,somewhat stiff in His breaks no break away speed it seems He perfer contested catches,He seems average to me nothing special reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 24, 2015 at 11:44 AM ]
  • thl408
Can you post a link to his college tape. A good one where he can be seen running his routes. Not one where he just runs off the screen once the ball is snapped. Thanks.

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
White@15

Parker does not display explosiveness,avg,speed nothing special,somewhat stiff in His breaks no break away speed it seems He perfer contested catches,He seems average to me nothing special reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson
What is it that you truly don't like about him? What is it that you've seen on film that gives you doubts, but you don't have doubt with the other WRs?

He runs better routes than White,Strong,DGB, and Perriman...he was only credited for 3 drops since 2012 and I know that can't be true with DGB,Perriman (horrible hands) and Strong. You say he doesn't get separation, but he avg more yards per catch than any of the above WRs you mentioned. I think all the prospects you mentioned are all good in there own way and I wouldn't hate it if any of them make it on the team.

White@15

Here is a video of a actual former scout (Cosell has never be a NFL scout to my knowledge) and what he thinks/compares Parker to...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-comparison/0ap3000000470241/Pro-Comparison-DeVante-Parker

White won't be there at 15 we all know this.

What's wrong with getting a Keyshawn Johnson caliber player at 15? ( I think DP is better) Johnson avg around 1,000 yards and 6 TD a year for 11 seasons...I'll take that all day everyday ....we aren't drafting in the top 10 man lol.
Originally posted by thl408:
Can you post a link to his college tape. A good one where he can be seen running his routes. Not one where he just runs off the screen once the ball is snapped. Thanks.

What are your thoughts on Parker?
Here is a video of a actual former scout (Cosell has never be a NFL scout to my knowledge) and what he thinks/compares Parker to...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-comparison/0ap3000000470241/Pro-Comparison-DeVante-Parker

What's wrong with getting a Keyshawn Johnson caliber player at 15? ( I think DP is better) Johnson avg around 1,000 yards and 6 TD a year for 11 seasons...I'll take that all day everyday ....we aren't drafting in the top 10 man lol.

good point,but personally He does nothing for me,I perfer to have someone that has height but with the ability to be explosive also,someone that will Be here for the future that puts fear in defenses with explosiveness,now Parker might cause DCs to pay some attention to but he will not casue them to loose sleep at night preparing for Him.
  • thl408

No clue at all. Can you link me to the best film you saw of him. When I say 'best', I don't mean his highlights of TDs. I mean where we can see him entering his breaks and out of his breaks downfield. There is more to learn from when he doesn't get separation and targeted, than when he does get separation. imo.

No clue at all. Can you link me to the best film you saw of him. When I say 'best', I don't mean his highlights of TDs. I mean where we can see him entering his breaks and out of his breaks downfield. There is more to learn from when he doesn't get separation and targeted, than when he does get separation. imo.

Draft breakdown is a pretty good place to check out more than just highlights......

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/devante-parker/
  • thl408
Draft breakdown is a pretty good place to check out more than just highlights......

Thanks!

Thanks!

good point,but personally He does nothing for me,I perfer to have someone that has height but with the ability to be explosive also,someone that will Be here for the future that puts fear in defenses with explosiveness,now Parker might cause DCs to pay some attention to but he will not casue them to loose sleep at night preparing for Him.
Well yeah everyone would love Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson, but they don't come around every draft let alone being available at 15
Well yeah everyone would love Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson, but they don't come around every draft let alone being available at 15

yeah ,but some thinkthat Parker might be,but just my 2 cents don't think so.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 24, 2015 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
No, I asked it.

That is a vague question, Let me put it this way,I'm not a Fan of Parker,He has some things about Him I see on film that does not validate the HYPE that people on this Forum are raging about,He is not the reciever people think he is, there are better recievers out there that wuold benefit the 9ers with years to come here are some:White,Cooper,DGB,Strong,Perriman,and there are some sleepers also......Now I can say the same thing you question if you dislike the WRs I named.

Vague question for a vague assertion. You keep downing the guy but are short on specifics. Whether you use video, pictures or just words it would be nice if you would back up your statement with facts that we can all assess...not that everyone will agree. I'm really high on White and Strong but am not opposed to the team taking Cooper, Parker or even DGB if he checks out OK on their character meter. But it all may be water under the bridge if they go DL as many think they might.

White@15

I don't think WR at 15 is going to happen. I'd rather get Gurley at 15 if he's there....
Originally posted by eastie:

White@15

I don't think WR at 15 is going to happen. I'd rather get Gurley at 15 if he's there....

I think he will be there, but I don't think you draft a RB that early in this draft. There is a ton of depth at RB, and we have 3 capable backs right now. I could see us taking one in the second or third, but not at fifteen.

With that said, I am all in on Jaelen Strong. If you want an idea of how he can play with a strong-armed QB, look at his game against USC this year. He is probably THE reason that ASU won that game. Having Taylor Kelly at QB really hurt his prodution, at some points. When Mike Bercovicci took over, Strong wasn't reserved for just jump ball scenarios.
Share 49ersWebzone