LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 198 users in the forums

Jalen Collins CB LSU

Me no likey.
I think he is pretty much locked into the first round. I have him in the bottom half, but guys that big, fast and agile don't last long at CB.

Not much to look at on game tape.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think he is pretty much locked into the first round. I have him in the bottom half, but guys that big, fast and agile don't last long at CB.

Not much to look at on game tape.

Limited experience and production really hurts him. I think he may eventually fall out of the first round. Athleticism only gets you so far. I think he'll go at the top of the 2nd when it's all said and done. See it being too much of risk for a team to drop a 1st rounder on him.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
With us getting Torey Smith, this is who I want now.
I like Kevin Johnson from Wake Forest better.
Originally posted by Kuya:
With us getting Torey Smith, this is who I want now.

i wouldn't be mad at all
Don't like him at all, I see he has some upside but he's too raw for my liking.
LSU CB Jalen Collins will visit the 49ers next week, according to Mike Garafolo.

Garafolo adds Collins has completed (or will shortly) almost 10 pre-draft visits, including with the Panthers and Vikings. Other reports have included the Eagles, which many believe is a perfect fit. It is difficult to say which corner will be selected first between Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Byron Jones and Collins. All four could be first round selections.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Apr 11 - 10:28 AM
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
From the interviews ive seen, i dont like his personality.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Former LSU CB Jalen Collins failed multiple drug tests in college

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488093/article/lsu-cornerback-jalen-collins-failed-multiple-drug-tests-in-college

Wow. Hope he interviewed well with Baalke and they grab him in the 2nd.
I having a bad feeling about us drafting this guy. He's too much of a project, IMO, to be taken in the 1st.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Former LSU CB Jalen Collins failed multiple drug tests in college

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488093/article/lsu-cornerback-jalen-collins-failed-multiple-drug-tests-in-college

Pass.
^ Wow ... too many similar corners this year, he is not that good. Definitely into the 2nd round now.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
^ Wow ... too many similar corners this year, he is not that good. Definitely into the 2nd round now.

Definitely a possibility he's there at #46 now.
Share 49ersWebzone