LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

Niners select _______________ with the 15th overall pick

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like we dropped only one spot by winning. Definetly, need to go receiver at #15.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I can't comment on specific players yet... no idea who would project as a mid 1st round pick.

However, I see our biggest needs as DL and WR. I don't trust Baalke to make the right WR pick at #15. So I think it's got to be a DL.

I have high hopes for both Carradine and Dial. They both showed improvement this season. But I'm not ready to pencil either in as an every down player yet. Carradine looks like a solid pass rusher but needs work in the running game. Dial is the other way around.

I think that is exactly why we need to take a WR early.. Maybe even trade up. I don't trust baalke to find any late round gem WR prospects. He seems to find good DL pretty well. If he does go DL I hope we get Michael Bennett from Ohio State.
It will depend on if we go out and make a trade for a WR maybe Gordon. Wallace would cost too much. Could go to FA, a guy like Cecil Shorts could be a bargain. Who wouldn't want Cobb or Maclin but likely won't hit FA and if they do we wont pay them what they want. So get a Gordon or Shorts in here I say go DL especially if Smith is gone. If no FA WR or trade for a WR then probably WR. Haven't looked at anybody too closely yet but White, Strong, Parker are the initial favorites. And DL Oakman or Shelton maybe, Williams would be nice but wont fall that far. I will have to start digging into the draft soon but with the coaching search, new staff, potential trades (brooks, Davis?) along with some of the big name FA's I doubt I'll spend as much time as I have in previous years.

So if we get Gordon or a solid FA and Johnson restructures and stays... Boldin, Gordon/Shorts, Johnson, Patton, Ellington I dont think we necassarily have to go WR at all but could. If no Gordon/Shorts, Johnson wont take a cut and leaves then we definitely need one at 15 (Boldin, DP, Patton, Ellington, mid round DP). Also, I think depending on what type of coach we select it will give us a better idea. You would think Baalke if hires an O guy would let him take a WR at 15. If Fangio is hired as HC he might go DE. I think Gore is back so that probably eliminates a trade down and Gordon/Gurley. If Vernon is traded which I dont think he will be we could see a TE although not sure anyone is good enough even if we traded down. Could take a guy like Funchess and turn him into a TE. And side note if Michigan is going to take Harbaugh wouldn't it be only fair they give us Funchess and he turns into a HOFer.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Looks like we dropped only one spot by winning. Definetly, need to go receiver at #15.

yep, well worth it to win the last game for harbaugh, possibly smith, possibly gore, etc. now if seattle was losing and had lost then I would have rather lost so they wouldnt have a 1st round bye and home field. but since they were won and it only cost us 1 spot glad we won
No love for Jaelen Strong?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
since cooper isn't big, he could slide a bit to around #10. trade up.
Jim Harbaugh / Michigan

No one will see it coming. Jed's master plan.
WR THEN DL THEN OL THEN CB THEN QB THEN TE ? Idk I'm not so sure yet bc of free agency..but a mock offseason will be coming..
J Strong Wide receiver out of Arizona State.
Danny Shelton

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
who has torn acls?

Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Want a WR like White or Parker as much as the next guy, but think the best thing to do at 15 would look at a Danny Shelton or Eddie Goldman. Even if Justin doesn't retire, still think we should look there. If Lynch leaves Seattle, AND we bolster our d line, we could totally flip the script on those f**kers

I get ya and I wouldn't be upset with going DL in the 1st, but we have young players that have been waiting to get more snaps. We NEED offensive play makers Crabs is gone, Lloyd see ya, SJ and Boldin (only 1 yr left) are not #1's and same can be said for Patton/Ellington.

I think it's harder to find a great WR in the draft compared to DL.

WRs list:

1. Cooper
2. DGB
3. Parker
4. White
5. Coates

I could live with Shelton/Goldman and Coates in the 2nd though....and I agree I don't think Seattle realizes how important Lynch is to that team!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
It will depend on if we go out and make a trade for a WR maybe Gordon. Wallace would cost too much. Could go to FA, a guy like Cecil Shorts could be a bargain. Who wouldn't want Cobb or Maclin but likely won't hit FA and if they do we wont pay them what they want. So get a Gordon or Shorts in here I say go DL especially if Smith is gone. If no FA WR or trade for a WR then probably WR. Haven't looked at anybody too closely yet but White, Strong, Parker are the initial favorites. And DL Oakman or Shelton maybe, Williams would be nice but wont fall that far. I will have to start digging into the draft soon but with the coaching search, new staff, potential trades (brooks, Davis?) along with some of the big name FA's I doubt I'll spend as much time as I have in previous years.

So if we get Gordon or a solid FA and Johnson restructures and stays... Boldin, Gordon/Shorts, Johnson, Patton, Ellington I dont think we necassarily have to go WR at all but could. If no Gordon/Shorts, Johnson wont take a cut and leaves then we definitely need one at 15 (Boldin, DP, Patton, Ellington, mid round DP). Also, I think depending on what type of coach we select it will give us a better idea. You would think Baalke if hires an O guy would let him take a WR at 15. If Fangio is hired as HC he might go DE. I think Gore is back so that probably eliminates a trade down and Gordon/Gurley. If Vernon is traded which I dont think he will be we could see a TE although not sure anyone is good enough even if we traded down. Could take a guy like Funchess and turn him into a TE. And side note if Michigan is going to take Harbaugh wouldn't it be only fair they give us Funchess and he turns into a HOFer.

Shorts?? dude has hamstrings made of string cheese lol....I wouldn't mind Gordon...wonder what it would take and if Baalke would even bother?
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
No love for Jaelen Strong?

ehhhh
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
who has torn acls?

This is hilarious... because the 49ers have always drafted guys with torn ACL's in the first... oh wait.
Share 49ersWebzone