LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Seattle's 2014 draft

Norwood could be a sleeper yes..I think we stole Ellington in the 4th round, reports have said that he was second best slot receiver behind brandin cooks of oregon state. Can't wait to watch and see who makes the niners final 53, going to be great competition at all positions!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
We're better at retooling than the Seahawks...

People say Baalke inherited this roster... b******t... He was here... And he cont. to do it.. Look at our comp at position vs Seattle...

Niners enemy number 1... Scot McCoughlin... Yes he was a big part of our growth then he built the enemy.. That's my view...

Good thing he's working from home now. He will have a lot of opportunities to hut the bottle without Cheat or snidebutt yelling at him to get to work.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
The NFL is going smaller and faster and playing in space more ... the NFC West is going bigger and heavier and playing inside more. It's a slug fest to get out of the West but the rest of the NFL isn't built to take the abuse of the new Black and Blue division.

Seattle's depth is under appreciated around the NFL, just like the 49ers.

Seattle's depth was under appreciated. But that was last year's depth. This year's depth is both under appreciated and unknown.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think both fan bases over analyze the others roster moves way too much. last offseason you could go on their threads and read about how losing goldson, sopoaga, jean-francois, walker among others was really going to hurt to us. we all knew we'd be fine. the only real question was replacing goldson which was done. i see similar stuff this year from our fan base towards them. claiming losing bryant, clemons, thurmond, browner etc is going to really hamper them. i dont see it, they're going to be in the mix again and if they dont make it as far next year i suspect it will be more about missing on a play or two like we did as opposed to being crippled by offseason departures. they want so bad for us to be bad again, and we want so bad for them to be bad again, but i just dont see it happening. its steelers-ravens all over again and at some point you've got to put down the bias and realize both teams are going to be around fighting for the division for a long time coming.

Well one thing is for sure. Wilson will be a thorn in the 49er ' s back side for a long time.
[ Edited by Giedi on May 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM ]
I would not trade our draft for their draft in a million years but of course as champs their needs were different than a lot of other teams
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I wouldn't be too quick to judge Seattles draft. We know they draft well, especially since one of their masterminds helped the 49ers build the current team.

I will say though that they did seem to reach (on paper) with some of their picks. The OL in the 2nd rd had a 5th rd grade on him.

McLoughan is no longer with the Seahawks.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Except the post she is responding to said not a single word about bloggers and experts. It said they were trying to show the "LEAGUE" how smart they are, and Cheater Peter cares about what the rest the league thinks. It is plainly obvious.

I'm going to respond to this on the same level of respect you gave me.
I honestly am trying to find out what the need for you posting this was, I guess it was attention. So here you go.

She is responding to the opinion on this thread that we think Carroll cares what people think about him.
Bloggers/experts are people right?

I am responding to how I agree with her, Pete knew he was going to get flack for the 2011 draft, yet he still did it anyways.
If he cared about what people thought do you think he would of drafted as he did? Also, if you would have taken the 3 seconds it takes to read my posts, I don't make any references towards the leauge. I am talking about the two factors lisa brought up.
It is plainly obvious.

Also, I am assuming you thinking I was a hawks fan spurred you to post that. I am not.
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think both fan bases over analyze the others roster moves way too much. last offseason you could go on their threads and read about how losing goldson, sopoaga, jean-francois, walker among others was really going to hurt to us. we all knew we'd be fine. the only real question was replacing goldson which was done. i see similar stuff this year from our fan base towards them. claiming losing bryant, clemons, thurmond, browner etc is going to really hamper them. i dont see it, they're going to be in the mix again and if they dont make it as far next year i suspect it will be more about missing on a play or two like we did as opposed to being crippled by offseason departures. they want so bad for us to be bad again, and we want so bad for them to be bad again, but i just dont see it happening. its steelers-ravens all over again and at some point you've got to put down the bias and realize both teams are going to be around fighting for the division for a long time coming.

Well one thing is for sure. Wilson will be a thorn in the 49er ' s back side for a long time.

Meh.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Except the post she is responding to said not a single word about bloggers and experts. It said they were trying to show the "LEAGUE" how smart they are, and Cheater Peter cares about what the rest the league thinks. It is plainly obvious.

I'm going to respond to this on the same level of respect you gave me.
I honestly am trying to find out what the need for you posting this was, I guess it was attention. So here you go.

She is responding to the opinion on this thread that we think Carroll cares what people think about him.
Bloggers/experts are people right?

I am responding to how I agree with her, Pete knew he was going to get flack for the 2011 draft, yet he still did it anyways.
If he cared about what people thought do you think he would of drafted as he did? Also, if you would have taken the 3 seconds it takes to read my posts, I don't make any references towards the leauge. I am talking about the two factors lisa brought up.
It is plainly obvious.

Also, I am assuming you thinking I was a hawks fan spurred you to post that. I am not.

Except the post that started the responses said nothing about bloggers/experts. See that's what this rival fan does. They take an opinion like

This draft felt to me like Seattle was trying to show the rest of the league how much smarter they are than everyone else.

Which was a valid take on the situation considering, but then turns it into bloggers/people which is me and you. It is their way of arguing their original point that Peter Cheater doesn't care what the league thinks, then once they think about it and determine "Yeah that was probably stupid to say" it's turned into people/bloggers which still allows them to be correct, even though they agree that they were unlikely to correct be in the original response, if only privately and in hindsight.

That is all I was pointing out. If you choose to read venom or aggression in that post then that's your issue. You want to be friendly and stick up for closet/ninja s**t stirring rival then again, your business, but don't get pissed when I point out that your argument in defense of that rival is flawed due to the original post that started the dialect.

Maybe reading the thread and not just parts of it will help avoid this.

EDIT: and no I did not think you were a Hawks fan. I been a member of this forum for going to a decade and read it several times a day, every day. I recognize anyone who posts even rarely and you of course post more frequently than that.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I would not trade our draft for their draft in a million years but of course as champs their needs were different than a lot of other teams

As long as opposing teams have to wear earplugs on offense in their crib it will make any good team they have contenders. They have lost 7 times as many games on the road vs at home the last 2 years. That is an advantage that makes them scary. We are the better team but their home field advantage makes them more dangerous.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Then call me cuckoo
Sure seems to me that he and JS care only about continuing to improve their organization, not about what this reporter or that blogger thinks about their process.
I'd hazard a guess that anyone who's achieved their level of success has done so by concerning themselves with doing what they think is best regardless of what others think, not because of it.

Solid post here.
I would agree, the same thing happened back in the Sherman draft.
Bloggers/Analysts even made claims that Carroll might not be ready for the NFL judging his 2011 NFL draft.

Well, I stand corrected!
Pete and John don't care what this reporter, that blogger OR anyone in the LEAGUE thinks of them. Again, like most successful HC/GM duos, they care that they field a team of talented athletes who work well together AND compete . . . and win. Do that and it doesn't really matter what others (be they bloggers, players, GMs or coaches) think.
I think the Niners have had the better off season for sure.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
As long as opposing teams have to wear earplugs on offense in their crib it will make any good team they have contenders. They have lost 7 times as many games on the road vs at home the last 2 years. That is an advantage that makes them scary. We are the better team but their home field advantage makes them more dangerous.

Can't disagree. We beat them there again...finally and their bubble will burst!!
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Well, I stand corrected!
Pete and John don't care what this reporter, that blogger OR anyone in the LEAGUE thinks of them. Again, like most successful HC/GM duos, they care that they field a team of talented athletes who work well together AND compete . . . and win. Do that and it doesn't really matter what others (be they bloggers, players, GMs or coaches) think.

They should add a healthy Percy so that should help. You get Russell scrambling about and the OL cut blocking rolling around and whatnot then you gotta chase Percy Richardson and Baldwin about and you got something there with Beast mode as the centerpiece. I can see the vision and I will expect the offense to take a jump but the defense to take a step backwards
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I wouldn't be too quick to judge Seattles draft. We know they draft well, especially since one of their masterminds helped the 49ers build the current team.

I will say though that they did seem to reach (on paper) with some of their picks. The OL in the 2nd rd had a 5th rd grade on him.

McLoughan is no longer with the Seahawks.

Yeah he probably showed up to work drunk again.
Share 49ersWebzone