There are 202 users in the forums

Deal up higher in the 2nd?

Deal up higher in the 2nd?

Originally posted by Igotta:
I see us as happier with our current D-line than moving way up in Round two for Hageman/Nix/Jernigan{don't need another headcase anyway}) So, that said.

(56) Best WR remaining (Lee, Adams, Ellington, Moncriefe, Landry...)
(61) Package this with #91 for a 2015 first.
(77) Best corner available. Pierre Desir?
(91) *traded*
(100) Best center available. Marcus Martin?

Feel free to package a fourth or fifth to slide up a few spots to get secure these guys.

If we can get a WR and then turn our next 2nd into a 1st for next year, I will be very happy. I think it's going to be tough to convert that 2nd into a 1st, though.
I hope we get Matthews! Dude is super overshadowed in this draft!
I feel he will show up big in the NFL especially if he goes to a pass happy team

I would also like a top DE: Nix, Tuitt, Hagenan, Martin. Any one of these can set us up for the future

Then one of the CBs
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I hope we get Matthews! Dude is super overshadowed in this draft!
I feel he will show up big in the NFL especially if he goes to a pass happy team

I would also like a top DE: Nix, Tuitt, Hagenan, Martin. Any one of these can set us up for the future

Then one of the CBs

Matthews + Hageman would be awesome. Then get Pierre Desir later.....
I haven't been impressed with Ian Williams eventhough he won the starting job, thought the team inproved significantly when Dorsey became the starter. I think Jernigan or Hageman should be considered. I also like Tuitt and S'ua Filo. You can't tell me adding another beast o-lineman like him wouldn't work out well.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I haven't been impressed with Ian Williams eventhough he won the starting job, thought the team inproved significantly when Dorsey became the starter. I think Jernigan or Hageman should be considered. I also like Tuitt and S'ua Filo. You can't tell me adding another beast o-lineman like him wouldn't work out well.

I agree with the D Line situation. We could use help there. I like Hageman a lot. Tuitt would also be good.
I feel like they should stay put until they detect a run on receivers. I'd like to see more OL and QBs go, as well as some running backs and keep the receivers and corners sliding.

I think there is a group of 5 receivers who I'd be very happy with in the 2nd round

Allen Robinson
Cody Latimer
Marqise Lee
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncrief

I think after the 2nd guy goes on that list we should try and move up.

But even outside of those guys Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, Bruce Ellington.

Of course as I was writing this we traded for Stevie Johnson so who knows wtf is gonna happen now :(
I am calling this now,

We are trading up for a D-lineman (Tuitt)

Then we are drafing an O-lineman (Martin)
Although many would think that our line is solid enough with Smith, Dorsey, and McDonald as starters, along with TJE (good backup and insurance in the event of injury to our starters), Ian Williams, and now Tank Carradine, I count Justin Smith as a good as gone even if it isn't for another season or two. With that said, I like the addition of a player like Tuitt or Hageman. We all know what Tomsula can do with reclamation projects and UDFAs. I'd like to see what he can do with a legit prospect. I've already thrown out a trade scenario in another thread (Kansas City's 2nd, 5th, and LaMichael James for Jacksonville's 39th pick). It may not be enough value to acquire pick 39, but I am definitely on board with attempting to move up and get a player that is definitely in the top 5 at their position.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree with the D Line situation. We could use help there. I like Hageman a lot. Tuitt would also be good.

Agreed especially now that we've traded for Stevie Johnson. Go up and get Hageman or Tuitt. We need DL depth.
Top Ranked Prospects from National Football Post Overall 

M. Lee WR USC 10
L. Nix III DT ND 19
K. Ealy DE Mizz 20
D. Carr QB Fres 21
T. Jernigan DT FL St 23
R. Hageman DT Minn 26
G. Jackson G MS St 31
C. Kouandjio T Ala 32
S. Tuitt DT ND 33
X. Su'a-Filo G UCLA 36
D. Adams WR Fres 37
S. Crichton DE OR St 38
C. Hyde RB OH St 39
A. Richardson T Tenn 40
B. Sankey RB Wash 41
K. Quarles DT S Car 44
J. Amaro TE TX Tch 45
A. Robinson WR PSU 46
D. Lawrence OLB Bois 47
J. Bitonio T Nev 48
A. Seferian-Jenkins TE Wash 49
A. Johnson DT LSU 50
A. McCarron QB Ala 51
M. Moses T UVa 52
[ Edited by juycho on May 9, 2014 at 12:35 PM ]

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We could use our 4th rd pick and 3rd rd #94 to move up with both our 2nd rd picks. That would leave us 2 more 3rd rd picks plus our 5th rounder and three 7ths.

The 49ers have a plan. They know which players they want and what it will likely take to get them.

This is exactly what I would do. I want 2 high 2nd's. Lets do it!

We could also trade 56 and 77 to move up to picks 33-40. This is where the real 1st round talent still is.
I think we're getting one more secondary player and a speedy receiver/returner today.

Agreed
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I think we're getting one more secondary player and a speedy receiver/returner today.

What about the other 3 draft picks?
Originally posted by juycho:

Agreed
I want him. Good possible Iupati replacement and every Hawk fan wants him bad. We need to snag him in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone