LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

What WR now?

• kray28
  • Veteran
We could have had Lee at #30 and drafted Jimmie Ward at #56...no trade up needed.
Latimer & Ellington and call it a draft
Originally posted by kray28:
We could have had Lee at #30 and drafted Jimmie Ward at #56...no trade up needed.

Hey while you're at it, could I get the Powerball numbers?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

Hey while you're at it, could I get the Powerball numbers?

He might have been there in the 3rd round too. Baalke is just a sad sack poker player. After the 2012 draft debacle, and his issues with Harbaugh, I am losing confidence in him fast.

He gets a lot of credit for the cap management work that Paraag does....but has shown that he's actually quite mediocre at what his core competency should be (talent evaluation). His hit rate is subpar.
[ Edited by kray28 on May 9, 2014 at 7:36 AM ]
oh no some nobody on a message board is losing confidence in baalke
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
oh no some nobody on a message board is losing confidence in baalke

Who are you again? Should I GAF what you think?
[ Edited by kray28 on May 9, 2014 at 7:38 AM ]
He might have been there in the 3rd round too. Baalke is just a sad sack poker player. After the 2012 draft debacle, and his issues with Harbaugh, I am losing confidence in him fast.

You realize how stupid you sound right?

He would've been available in the 3rd round because your fanduel mock draft generator told you that?
So many good WRs left--2/3 round WRs according to CBS:

Lee
Latimer
Matthews
Moncrief
Landry
Robinson
Adams
Ellington
Bryant
Richardson
Norwood
Archer
Abbrederis
Evans, S
Herron (OK--they have him 4th round but many like him)

I'd be happy with any two of these guys.

He would've been available in the 3rd round because your fanduel mock draft generator told you that?

LMAO

• kray28
  • Veteran

Can you figure out that an opinion contrary to yours is not always going to be "stupid"?

• kray28
  • Veteran

Sorry, I didn't need a mock draft to figure out that a guy who went to NIU probably wasn't on most team's first or second round draft radar.
Sorry, I didn't need a mock draft to figure out that a guy who went to NIU probably wasn't on most team's first or second round draft radar.

What does NIU have to do with anything? Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami of Ohio. Larry English was the #16 OVR pick in Round 1 back in 2009 coming out of NIU.
Robinson is the best WR on the board.
WR board at this point:
1. Robinson
2. Latimer
3. Matthews
4. Lee
5. Landry
6. Montcrief
7. Adams
8. Bryant
9. Abbrederis
10. Ellington

Very good crop of WRs left on the board. I expect more than half of these guys to still be on the board by the 56th pick, so there is depth. However, I do see Robinson as the class of this group. If the Niners want a center, they better go up and get one early in the second, with Richburg, Bitonio and Martin on the board. Once they are gone, it is a BIG dropoff to the next guy. I don't see that dramatic a dropoff from the number 3 to 4+ graded WRs.

Montcrief is a guy that I have been moving up. Might be there at the end of the second round. So, for me, I'd go a trade up for center or Robinson, and then if they moved up for center, shoot for Montcrief later.

Weighing the better combo of:
A trade up for Richburg and then Montcrief at 61( a corner later)
OR
A trade up for Robinson and then Gaines at 61 (a center later)

Good debate in my mind
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DVDA:
I think the 49ers go after Dri Archer as an athlete/returner and list him at wide receiver.

Why not. Moss at the twilight of his career pretty much has the same skill set as Dri right now.
Share 49ersWebzone