LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

2014 NFL Draft Rumors

If we want to beat and or match the Seachickens they have got to go for it to get a stud. Unless we want to drop deeper into the second fiddle postion. Baalke has to grow a pair here.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

Sounds like the 49ers explored getting into the top 10 but it would cost them next year's #1 and that's not their style. Won't do it.

Calling BS on this...

We rolling straight up to top 5 baby....

I think we move up massively, not sure if I agree with it yet but I think we go a lot higher than 17.

I also think this might honestly have been influenced by players, all of them think that we're right there and just need a bit more. As I mentioned in many other threads we have 43 players that are essentially locked into the roster, about 7 +/- 1 that are very very likely on the roster and leaving 3 +/- that would probably be filled by definitive players like a WR, CB/S, and LB. Any other picks are purely competition or deliberately meant to replace players that the team plans on cutting before the season.

This season really sounds like the Falcons...."We're just 1 WR" away from holding the Lombardi -- Just hope we don't crash and burn like Atlanta lol.
Originally posted by socal1632:
If we want to beat and or match the Seachickens they have got to go for it to get a stud. Unless we want to drop deeper into the second fiddle postion. Baalke has to grow a pair here.

Second fiddle?? You must be posting high, we're better than Seattle.
Damn im so friggin excited tomorrow i dont know what the f**k is gonna happen.
I want to move up too but not if it means trading next years #1. We have enough ammo this year to move up to get a quality WR or CB. Nothing is more boring in a draft when you dont have a #1 pick. Well.. thats not true. Its worse if you use the pick to select AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I want to move up too but not if it means trading next years #1. We have enough ammo this year to move up to get a quality WR or CB. Nothing is more boring in a draft when you dont have a #1 pick. Well.. thats not true. Its worse if you use the pick to select AJ Jenkins.

Ok, would you rather have pick 31 next season, or would you rather trade it and win the superbowl.... I prefer option 2.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Ok, would you rather have pick 31 next season, or would you rather trade it and win the superbowl.... I prefer option 2.

I agree with a fellow gold digger
Tend to agree. If things go as planned, we are potentially trading away #32 next year. If you can add a player like Watkins this year to team with Crabtree, Boldin and Davis you do it.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I agree with a fellow gold digger

Damn right. In a heartbeat & not even think twice!
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

Sounds like the 49ers explored getting into the top 10 but it would cost them next year's #1 and that's not their style. Won't do it.

Calling BS on this...

We rolling straight up to top 5 baby....

Isn't Kawakami known for his BS?

Yes! We should all know by now to take anything Kawakami writes with a huge chunk of salt. Now Maiocco thinks they'll trade up into the teens to take Beckham - that sounds much more possible to me.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB

49ers could target Ravens as trade partner to draft top WR. [per @RapSheet] http://on.nfl.com/1kZhwOV&nbsp
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB

49ers could target Ravens as trade partner to draft top WR. [per @RapSheet] http://on.nfl.com/1kZhwOV 

Maybe after we trade down from 5
Yup.The D will be good enough but we need a big time fast wr to get over the top. Seattle won the superbowl. We are second fiddle although maybe just as good overall as they are. They have our number. Seattle has built a rock solid team philosophy on O and D using players perfectly. Roman still calling games while forming Diamonds in his a--. Harbs needs to loosten things up. I think we saw that at times last year with Harbs taking over the playcalling here and there. If you can get a Watkins we need to do it. 30th or 31st in passing last year???? Not going to get it done.
As anal as Harbaugh and Baalke are about their stuff getting leaked, I take all of the talk about specific spots as to where we are rumored to be interested in with zero validity.

You can guarantee that if they trade up, it will be for a player they have rated #1 at a position of need. They aren't going to settle and trade up for the 2nd or 3rd best WR on their board.

If they move, it's going to be big.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
As anal as Harbaugh and Baalke are about their stuff getting leaked, I take all of the talk about specific spots as to where we are rumored to be interested in with zero validity.

You can guarantee that if they trade up, it will be for a player they have rated #1 at a position of need. They aren't going to settle and trade up for the 2nd or 3rd best WR on their board.

If they move, it's going to be big.

Yup, though I think they're willing to compromise a tad. They may have had Kenny Vaccaro rated higher than Eric Reid last year, but it was easier to trade up for Reid than spend more to get ahead of New Orleans and take Vaccaro.
Share 49ersWebzone