There are 208 users in the forums

49ers Targeting Mike Evans?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Evans doesn't fit with what we need. Niners are targeting a shifty slot receiver, which can easily be had in the second round. If we trade up in top 15 you can bet its for a CB. Hopefully for Gilbert.

Exactly Evans doesn't fit what we are going after why trade up for him. Like you said if we do trade up it should be for a solid corner.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
We may like Evans. But I'm not buying we'll trade into the top 10.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
trading for evans in the top 10 is bad, bad value. you can get a guy or two at 20 who's just as promising.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would say there is zero chance the Niners would move all the way up to 5. It would cost a fortune and Evans isnt worth that

You realize the Raiders pick at 5 right? Theyre a bit "special" when it comes to the draft....and pretty much everything else. lol
Ummm no thanks. If were going to trade that high it better be for walkins. Mike isn't Calvin or Julio Jones, doesn't have that scary size and speed combo to warrant that move. Unless a team is really really stupid and lets us rip them off we won't be trading into the top 5. Doubt even top 15.
This i saw but you left out another name they threw in... Mack. I know that's not an immediate need, but holy s**t balls... Willis, bowman, Mack.. Lol not fair to opponents but i think it would be for a wr.
One reason i don't think it's a smokescreen and why a trade with oakland would work is because the raiders need picks badly., i was not high on evans but lately seeing a lot more on him he would be a beast.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Last year it was reported the 49ers wanted to move up and take Sheldon Richardson, instead it was Eric Reid they traded up for and not earlier in the round like rumored. Baalke drafts for need in the early rounds so if they do move up it will be for Justin Gilbert or another Corner back they really like.
Originally posted by wailers15:
This i saw but you left out another name they threw in... Mack. I know that's not an immediate need, but holy s**t balls... Willis, bowman, Mack.. Lol not fair to opponents but i think it would be for a wr.
One reason i don't think it's a smokescreen and why a trade with oakland would work is because the raiders need picks badly., i was not high on evans but lately seeing a lot more on him he would be a beast.

I beat the raiders started this talk though, trying to get a team to jump up and take there pick. We have the picks to trade up but just not to sure about his kid, he had a pretty darn special qb throwing him the rock in college.
Move up in the top 5 NO!!! If he still around around 10 or so then HELL YEAH why not this guy can become a EVEN better version of Vincent Jackson, throw the ball up & get it, thats my type of guy i want for our squad
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Evans doesn't fit with what we need. Niners are targeting a shifty slot receiver, which can easily be had in the second round. If we trade up in top 15 you can bet its for a CB. Hopefully for Gilbert.

Exactly Evans doesn't fit what we are going after why trade up for him. Like you said if we do trade up it should be for a solid corner.

Boldin or Crabs would play slot when they go to 3 WR

If they love Evans and it was a fair price, it would be OK move.

However I'd rather select two WR's like Martavius Bryant + Lattimer and let them compete

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I'm all or that because ODB is better than Mike Evans.

Yes, I believe this to be true also. I want that speed that Odell Beckham has on the Niners.
Baalke and Harbaugh playing mind games..... again. None of these media heads ever guess their intentions correctly.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IMO I think they will be a player in the 1st round but I don't think it's for Mike Evans. I like Mortensen no doubt he's got solid connections in the league, but I just don't think anyone knows besides Baalke and Harbaugh who their 1st pick will be or who they're targeting. Harbaugh wouldn't even tell his dad who they were targeting when they drafted Kaepernick or was it Eric Reid??

Plus why would you/they put all their eggs in one basket when this draft is WR deep, IMO. And I also think Cody Latimer will be someone they trade up for in the beginning of the 2nd round, he's got everything they are looking for, deep speed, size 6'2" 215 lbs, hands the only thing i think he's lacking is route running.

Sorry I'm just not buying it, for those that have kept a close eye on Baalke's draft knows he's not gonna show his cards that easy, am I wrong??
Exactly what I was thinking. Baalke is way too smart to show his hand. If he wanted to make a move for Evans he would keep his mouth shut and hope he fell to a spot he could move up to. If the other teams know your plan someone could jump a few spots and take him before you had the chance.

Personally if the 49ers want to trade up to #5 I want Clowney not Evans. Imagine Clowney and Aldon Smith rushing from the outside and Justin Smith and McDonald and Tank coming up the middle. Throw in some Willis or Bowman blitzes up the middle and we are Hell on Wheels.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's really good, but no thanks. If the receiver isn't Watkins, I wouldn't want us wasting too many draft picks... just a couple of picks is fine if we're going after Gilbert/Dennard.

I wonder if the Texans would be blind enough to trade their 1st for our (#30-1st, #56-2nd, #77-3rd, all our 7th rds and Jonathan Baldwin)...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
�#143;@evansilva ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

@evansilva On NFL Insiders, Mort again talked about possibility of #49ers trade up for Mike Evans. "Buzz inside league circles that you keep hearing."

@evansilva Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

Thoughts, Faithful?

Given what the media, the pundits, and the talking heads have come up with this off season, I not only have no thoughts, but I also am not sure that sure that this reports should be taken seriously.

I am going to wait and see who is picked.
Share 49ersWebzone