LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 128 users in the forums

A four-day draft???

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
This. NFL just trying to get mo money. That's the reason why the NFL does anything.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah I never heard of people having draft parties. Lol frankly the concept sounds pretty dumb.

there are lots of amateur draftniks out there who used to have draft parties. to some, the draft is a major holiday. a symbolic day of hope and renewal for their team and sport. it's not just a sausage fest for sporty nerds. why do you think they have a 'path to the draft' show on every day? there's lots of us draft geeks out there.
Dumb. I already hate the first round being on Thursday. Not to mention moving it later in the year "so ppl talk about the draft longer" really just means ppl run out s**t to talk about way before the draft and condenses the time teams have to get rookies ready to play. The new collective bargaining agreement makes that hard enough.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
They don't care about your draft parties..it's all about adding all the advertising revenue they would gain by adding a forth installment . That's the sole reason they spread it to three, and they think they can squeeze a little more

nobody advertises on the nfl network. it'll be four days of the same five stupid commercials.

Four Letters: ESPN . ESPN would pay a lot of money for rights to broadcast another day of the draft. And they have plenty of clients that kill to advertise anything during programming that just mentions the NFL.
ilovelamp
Originally posted by ivanm05:
They don't care about your draft parties..it's all about adding all the advertising revenue they would gain by adding a forth installment . That's the sole reason they spread it to three, and they think they can squeeze a little more

Right. They don't care if you are having fun watching the draft, they just want to have better numbers to give to advertisers and tell them there are more eyeballs viewing the screen.

The world is becoming more and more formula based, while simultaneously requiring less and less thought from business professionals. Think less less less, do more more more.
I think they should let the current change stand for a few years and see how it develops.

Then make another change. Too much change too soon sucks.
Don't get me wrong. I'd throw a draft party every year if my football-fan buddies gave two craps about the NFL draft. It's just that most don't for some reason.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Don't get me wrong. I'd throw a draft party every year if my football-fan buddies gave two craps about the NFL draft. It's just that most don't for some reason.

you're right.
my brother and i are niner fans of equal measure, but he will think of ten other things to do besides watching the draft, while it's #1 on my list.
Milk the cow darth goodell.. milk it.

The great songwriter Maynard James Keenan once said

"All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fat and dirty Dollar

So, shut up and..

Buy!!!!!!!!"

And we do, cuz we are addicted to FOOTBALL!

I miss the old format, too. Now I have to turn my phone off towards the end of the work day, set the DVR to record and watch when I get off work with my spreadsheet in front of me. It'll make for a sleepy next morning at work.
I like how Trent Baalke said pretty soon the draft will take place right before training camp, even though he was kidding. It's obvious he feels it's already long enough to wait just until the end of April and another 2 weeks is causing him a bit of handwringing. He likes making more quick gut-instinct decisions than having to ruminate or reevaluate decisions even longer. Maybe Goodell could just have each round last a whole day, then the draft is on for an entire week. That would be some riveting TV.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Question, have the 49ers announced their having a draft party this year? I haven't heard anything.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bump
Share 49ersWebzone