There are 282 users in the forums

Marcus Smith - DE - Louisville

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Now that Aldon Smith has put himself on thin ice, it's time to put the CB's and WR's aside for just a second....

Let's take a look at Marcus Smith, former QB....yes, another Smith.

6'3" 260 pounds - 2013 stats - 42 tackles - 18.5 TFL - 14.5 sacks

I'd definitely put him in the high 2nd to late 1st round range.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
His stats are a little blown up but I like his tape a lot. Very talented + already met with 49ers
If we are looking for an early rush LB, Marcus Smith is very high on my short list.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DeUh:
His stats are a little blown up but I like his tape a lot. Very talented + already met with 49ers

I thought that was Preston Brown who met with the 9ers??
Totally agree...saw him play in their conf championship game and he was outstanding. He looks to have the total package...excellent pass rusher but stout against the run with the ability to make numerous plays behind the LOS. When I saw him I said to myself, he's a guy Baalke should look hard at. The impetus for that has arguably increased with Aldon's latest legal issues.
He looks alright. Man, Aldon really needs to get his act together. Ain't nobody replacing him..
He is projected in 2nd-3rd round, I wouldn't mind grabbing then.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They met Smith at the Senior Bowl.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM ]
Nice tape & good looking player
Really like this guy in the 2nd round - was hearing rd 2-3 for him from Greg cossell.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They met Smith at the Senior Bowl.

Niiiiiiiiice!!!!!!

I'm not saying this guy would replace Aldon with no drop off in pass rush, but Ahmad Brooks is getting up there in age. Right after Brooks is done here (in SF not Hawaii lol) I would love to see Lemonier and Marcus Smith battle it out.....my money would be on Smith.
I really like this guy. Not totally sold on Lemoiner yet. He always seemed to be a step late. His 1 sack came against the NFLs worst LT.
He looks better than Barr s**t that would be a great pick even in the early 2nd. This guy is fast and powerful. I want him
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
He looks better than Barr s**t that would be a great pick even in the early 2nd. This guy is fast and powerful. I want him
This, love to draft Smith
Before Smith blew up last year Lorenzo Mauldin was their (cards) best pass rusher and run defender out of the line and linebackers. Mauldin decided to stay at louisville for another year, probably a good decision for him.

With Brooks, skuta and lemonier on the roster I'm not sure if the 49ers draft another olb/de this high unless they don't have confidence in lemonier developing.
Share 49ersWebzone