There are 176 users in the forums

how do we resist a trade-down...

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
A GM that won't be around next year without winning this year might make that trade.

If a bad team trades its 2015 1st round pick and a high second round pick for a first round pick, I can assure you that they will be moving up much higher than 30. Plenty of teams would trade them a late first round pick for what should be a high 1st round pick next year straight up so there is no reason for them to throw in an additional top 45 pick this year.
Trade down, are you nuts, at pick 30 you will get a great player with an option to get a 5th year. I think the Niners need to Trade Up and get two low first rounders
The pats at # 29 are good a playing the trade game also....a lot of these scenarios depend on what they do of course.
How about trading our 30th to the raiders for there 2nd and swapping next years 1st round pick with them..? Would that ever work..?
I think we'll move up into the late teens again and won't get the chance to worry about this.
Simple... they trade UP instead.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I think the chances that we can trade down and still get the targeted player are very good. A first next year from the Jags or Raiders plus a 2nd this year in the top 45? I would do it.

So would everyone because that would be an absurdly one-sided trade. I agree with irishluder on this - if the Jags or Raiders offer their 1st pick next year for our 30th pick, I would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't think they would be willing to give up a potential top 5-10 pick next season for a QB like Carr.

Well I would not disagree with it being one sided but this year with the draft it may fall in a way that trading down is the best play. I would ask a lot for the 30th pick if some QB's were sitting there.
I want us to trade up or down don't want to stay at 30
Originally posted by Since07:

They'll trade up in some way, shape, or form. Guarantee it.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Since07:

They'll trade up in some way, shape, or form. Guarantee it.

agreed ...and who knows if its even going to be a CB or WR we take , Baalke may grab a QB for all we know

We should only trade back if the Jags, Raiders or Browns give us their 1st next year along with their 2nd this year.

2nd - R. Hageman DE
2nd - D. Yankey OG
2nd - D. Moncrief WR
3rd - P. Desir CB
3rd - P. Richardson WR
3rd - D. Jones NT

Just throwing those guys out there, as that is what is in my head right now in this scenario. That would be a decent haul for rd 2 - 3 in this format.
Why resist the trade down when it appears a lot of teams with QB needs will be waiting till the late 1st or early 2nd to make their move? If the Niners can net a future #1 pick and all the top CB's are gone, make the move.
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio is "hearing more talk" in league circles that the draft stock of this year's top-rated quarterbacks is "dropping."

SI's Peter King added fuel to this fire in his MMQB column, stating the Texans, Browns, Jaguars, and Raiders are all "strongly considering" passing on signal callers at the top of the draft, "and waiting until their second or third selections." Both Florio and King are anticipating a second-day run on quarterbacks. We still expect Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel to be first-round picks, but Teddy Bridgewater is a candidate to slide to day two, where Derek Carr, Zach Mettenberger, Tom Savage, Jimmy Garoppolo, and A.J. McCarron may also go.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
A
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio is "hearing more talk" in league circles that the draft stock of this year's top-rated quarterbacks is "dropping."

SI's Peter King added fuel to this fire in his MMQB column, stating the Texans, Browns, Jaguars, and Raiders are all "strongly considering" passing on signal callers at the top of the draft, "and waiting until their second or third selections." Both Florio and King are anticipating a second-day run on quarterbacks. We still expect Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel to be first-round picks, but Teddy Bridgewater is a candidate to slide to day two, where Derek Carr, Zach Mettenberger, Tom Savage, Jimmy Garoppolo, and A.J. McCarron may also go.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
A

I was dead set against this a couple of weeks ago, but the more I think about it the more I believe there's a good chance we trade out of #30 back into 33-39 range with one of the QB needy teams. If there's an early run on the top WR's and CB's it could be an easy choice to make a modest trade down of 3-9 spots for an extra 3rd or 4th round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone