LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 399 users in the forums

I Have a GREAT Draft Trade Idea For Balke!!!

Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Again this draft is toooooooo freaking deep to trade that many picks away. Fuller and Verrett are very capable CB's the 49ers can take at #30.

And our team is tooooooooooo stacked to take on 11 rooks.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Kiper believes 5 cbs will be gone by #26
Originally posted by GORO:

Good. Hopefully, that pushes a top WR or Tuitt down to us.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Can't believe so many of you want to stay at 30 even tho we have so many picks. Moving up for Gilbert is definitely a great move.

Only if you think he's a legitimate #1 NFL CB which I don't. The difference between someone like Fuller and Gilbert IMO is not worth giving up a 3rd round pick and more in a loaded draft.

I do believe he is the best cb prospect in the draft. And he has special teams value. No guarantee that fuller or verrett make it to 30. Whats not to like about Gilbert?
Baalke has a VERY goodt track record in selection DB.

Depending who is available and what we'd have to give up maybe LMJ - I'd like a move to #16 w/Dalls or #19 w/Miami.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
There are PLENTY of spots available on this team.
Do you really believe in the statements below? Because that is essentially what people are saying if they think we can't use multiple draft picks.

QB - "Oh God no, we can't lose McCoy!"
FB - "Stop it. Tukuafu is essential to the team."
2 WR - "Please no, what will we do without Baldwin and Osgood?"
TE - "Celek can't be cut, he is a monster."
G - "Are you loony? We can't cut Looney!"
C - "Kilgore is the answer at center, he has proven this over many years of not seeing the field."

3 CB - "Wright, Morris, and Cox cannot leave this team. They are the cornerstones of our defense"
SS - "Doh! We can't lose Dahl!"
FS - "Spillman must remain on the team, for the love of Pete."
DE - "NO! Not Dobbs, anyone but Dobbs!"
2 MLB - "Moody and Wilhoite are essential and cannot be replaced."

15 spots available.

i dont want to lose them
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Only guy I wanna move up that far for is WR Sammy Watkins

This is the guy trading away multiple picks in a deep draft might makes sense.

I agree and I really don't think we should pick up a receiver till later in the draft, but Watkins would probably be worth it
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Can't believe so many of you want to stay at 30 even tho we have so many picks. Moving up for Gilbert is definitely a great move.

Rather stay put and draft Varrett or Fuller. Trading up for Gilbert would cost too much.

i wouldn't mind us doin something like Minnesota did where they traded up into the 1st to get another pick. but for us, I wanna see something like us trading up into the teens for a guy like Lee and then keeping our #30 pick and drafting Fuller/Verrett/Roby. BUt this could be flipped depending on what they see as priority. I could realistically see us trading w/Dallas again up to 16 or Jets at 18 and get our guy. we gave up 31 and whatever our 3rd was to move up to 18, so would picks 30 and 94, maybe throw in #243, get us pick 18 this year? I know the draft is deep with talent but why not splurge just a little in the draft and win in February?
My mock had us trading up for Justin Gilbert, I about was tar and feathered right off the zone. So I support your bravery sir, we are few.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Good. Hopefully, that pushes a top WR or Tuitt down to us.

Exactly.

There are PLENTY of spots available on this team.
Do you really believe in the statements below? Because that is essentially what people are saying if they think we can't use multiple draft picks.

QB - "Oh God no, we can't lose McCoy!" Gone and Glad
FB - "Stop it. Tukuafu is essential to the team."Ummm Bruce Miller, Tukuafu was an o dang Miller is out grab a body move, so replaceable, but miller is the starter for the next 3 years.
2 WR - "Please no, what will we do without Baldwin and Osgood?" As long as he doesn't ride the bench like A.J. either contribute as a wr, or on special teams for f**k sake tired of crappy wr's.
TE - "Celek can't be cut, he is a monster." Possible improvement but not a major need if McDonald steps up.
G - "Are you loony? We can't cut Looney!" Good backup, like to see Martin also learn the guard spots.
C - "Kilgore is the answer at center, he has proven this over many years of not seeing the field." Could see this being a need, Not a big fan of Kilgore and think we could improve and for sure need a backup at least.

3 CB - "Wright, Morris, and Cox cannot leave this team. They are the cornerstones of our defense" Right now we could take entire draft of cb's and I'd be happy as long as we keep brock everyone else is trash, or a idiot that hits s**t and leaves the scene.
SS - "Doh! We can't lose Dahl!" Good vet, smart, good player, and knows his place as a backup, upgradeable but not a major need.
FS - "Spillman must remain on the team, for the love of Pete." Need to see more from him as a safety cause I feel Dahl is better than him and worth keeping more.
DE - "NO! Not Dobbs, anyone but Dobbs!" Not a big fan of dobb's anyways, would be ok with Him being replaced, want Justin replacement Soon.
2 MLB - "Moody and Wilhoite are essential and cannot be replaced." We need both for depth, could see a draft pick added, but not top 100. Willis and Bowman are the best too MLB in the nfl once bowman is back no point in needing a high pick player. B and W are niners for life.

15 spots available.

All my answers in bold. This is about winning, this is what the niners do, if you can't do it than you won't be here. 53 spots on this roaster that are replaceable, No one is above being cut, traded or replaced in general.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Still waiting for this great idea you speak of....

Seriously tho, I don't think Dennard or Gilbert are worth trading that far up for. I'd rather stay put and roll with Verrett or Fuller. Just my opinion.

I have a hunch that top of the corner back class (Dennard and Gilbert) is not that much better than the 2nd tier cornerbacks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I have a hunch that top of the corner back class (Dennard and Gilbert) is not that much better than the 2nd tier cornerbacks.

100% agree.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Trade #30 + #56 + #94 to the Titans for #11 Overall and Draft CB Justin Gilbert or CB Darqueze Denard. One of those guys should be there at #11.

That would give the 49ers CB Gilbert/Denard, still would have #61,#77,#100,#129,#170,#242,#243,#245

We'd still be able to snatch a WR Prospect,DE Prospect,Guard/Center Prospect,Safety Prospect.

I Just feel that Denard or Gilbert would FIT right in and start immediately.

Its all about the trade offs. I think guys like Fuller, Roby, and Verrett would contribute just as much as Dennard and Gilbert.
But in this system you would lose our other picks, limiting other players chances to come in and make a difference. Its a solid idea, I just don't know if I would want to throw away draft picks for a draft this deep.

This year is strange because there isn't much difference talent wise between 1-10 rankings in most positions this year.
So this would have been smart maybe last year? Or next year? But not this year,

who knows I've also been wrong before.

Fuller and Verrett are good players I wouldn't mind the niners get, but they are a notch below, but not really that much. Roby, some say had injuries, but I see bust aka Mike Rumph all over him. Either way, these two are players, the niners may still have to trade up to get.
if there was an impact player that could get us over the hump , I'd be all for trading away a couple extra picks to move into position to draft that player , but there is not , there is not much difference between the #1 ranked CB and #5 Ranked CB in this draft , we could actually stay at #30 and get a solid player ...but we probably will trade into a lower spot and get a player that could contribute on opening day
Share 49ersWebzone