LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Mock draft with 3 low first round draft picks, seven picks total and not mortgaging future

Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
It actually would be so bad to get 3 ,1st rounders. We could draft atop CB, WR and DL.

We could take pick 100 and trade back into the 4th round twice about 7-8 spots each time picking up a 5th rounder and ending up about #115 mid 4th round.
We could then draft another CB and maybe a 2nd WR and safety or OL. Whatever happens I know Baalke will be weeling and dealing.
except pick 100 can not be traded

We could sub the last 3rd rounder before it to move up and then trade back from there.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Why not just trade the 1st for a 2nd and some more picks and then move into the beginning of the 2nd round? You have us picking at 29,30,and 31, those are 3 of the last 4 picks in the round and some of the players are likely to slip into the early or middle of the 2nd round.
wtf? draft can not come around soon enough. all this added time on hand has gotten to the brains of most zoners and their mock drafts.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Haha and have been a powerhouse ever since.

2/3 of those picks went on to be Pro-Bowlers
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Why???

You have 11 picks in the deepest draft in about 15 years and you want to trade half of it for an undersized corner, an undersized WR who may not have the strength to be consistent in the NFL and a boom or bust prospect at the same position.

Not really understanding the logic here. Especially when there will be needs at CB, WR, OL, QB, RB, TE and on the DL. No way I am turning 6 of the top 100 and 11 overall into 3 first rounders (who may not even start right away) and 3 7th rounders with a comp pick sandwiched in.

Ouch
Originally posted by pd24:
Why not just trade the 1st for a 2nd and some more picks and then move into the beginning of the 2nd round? You have us picking at 29,30,and 31, those are 3 of the last 4 picks in the round and some of the players are likely to slip into the early or middle of the 2nd round.

OP here, as stated I put a high value on round 1, why? Because you get a four year contract with an option to pick up year 5.

I think posters are actually making my case, 49 if the roster spots are pretty solid, you need only 3 more for the roster, and game day is less. The teams biggest needs are WR and CB.

Also as stated our WR core is with a number one who is probably going to leave in FA (Crabtree) and Boldin who is old. Our DL, OL, and other positions are in much better shape.

I actually thought the Jets hit it out of the park with hitting on 3 out of 4 first round picks.
No way Cooks is around at 30. I don't think he makes it to 15.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
No way Cooks is around at 30. I don't think he makes it to 15.

I would as surprised to see him in the top 15 as I would be to see him there at 30. I think he falls between there and I don't think he's good enough for a team to try to jump in front of the Jets and Ravens. The earliest he goes is 16 to the Ravens in my opinion, but I think he will be taken after Beckham Jr (and obviously Watkins and Evans).

The Ravens, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, or Panthers will take Cooks and Beckham Jr.
We don't need two receivers or to spend a 3rd rounder on a 3rd string QB. I'd rather go with Tuuit, Varrett, and Cooks or Benjamin. Cooks will offer a deep threat but Benjamin will help in the red zone. Unless you think there is no chance we bring Crabtree back after next year, two receivers is avote of no confidence in Patton, Baldwin, and Osgood as complimentary receivers. Personally I think they can get the job done if Kaep learns how to go thru his progressions better. I'm ok with trading to move up, the lower you go the better the chance at a good player.

Interesting concept and I can't say it's not possible, nor can I state that Baalke is beyond doing something like this. I might disagree with your choices but I admire your audacity! Would be a very bold move...one that I would not make, but none the less...interesting! Thanks for making folks think outside the box.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:43 PM ]
Just stop with the insanity
Stop the boredome!
Originally posted by T-9ers:
We don't need two receivers or to spend a 3rd rounder on a 3rd string QB. I'd rather go with Tuuit, Varrett, and Cooks or Benjamin. Cooks will offer a deep threat but Benjamin will help in the red zone. Unless you think there is no chance we bring Crabtree back after next year, two receivers is avote of no confidence in Patton, Baldwin, and Osgood as complimentary receivers. Personally I think they can get the job done if Kaep learns how to go thru his progressions better. I'm ok with trading to move up, the lower you go the better the chance at a good player.
Patton is an up and comer. Osgood is a special teamer. I have no confidence in Baldwin. The chiefs wouldn't have traded him to us for what looked like a bust if they were not very dissappointed in him and he hasn't shown anything with us yet. With Boldin having a 2 yr deal we need to start developing his replacement. We could also use some depth. 2 yrs in a row we have had 2 receivers go down and we need the depth.
We won't get 3 first rounders. This is unrealistic. You have to find willing trade partners. They may not be willing to deal out of the first round for all those lower picks.
Share 49ersWebzone